Natasha

Did You Know? - Interesting Food Facts and Trivia

114 posts in this topic

@Charlotte It actually sounds like an insult xD Doesn't look like we made it up, if you know what I mean... There are just these weird phrases that have a meaning you know? ?

What you consume becomes you, consume apples for a week you will feel like an apple, alive, crispy, clear, bright, consume oranges for a week you will feel like an orange, happy, blissful, uplifted, fresh! Consume, berries for a week you will feel psychic, insightful, mystical, deep, consume nuts for a week, you will feel calm, grounded, strong and centered. Nature has its hints everywhere for those who have the eye to see, consume life and you become life!

High Vibrational Nourishment = High Vibrational Life

Don't give into the Ego, you know better than it thinks it knows. Trust nature, trust the beingness!

Everything is teaching you and learning from you simultaneously.

Be thy master observer!

B R E A T H E

@bejapuskas I tried that, didn't work exactly how i expected. I went too far.

24f31335cf58d29b852642fb14fa398e.jpg

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, DrewNows said:

@Natashathere a difference between matcha green tea powder and matcha collagen? 

Yes, matcha collagen is a mix of matcha green tea powder and collagen.

few interesting things

* Elderberries are poisonous in raw states, once you cook them they turn into immunity boosting superfood

* Cordyceps is an invasive fungi that grows over a tree caterpillar, kills it, and grows out of its head. To this day, it is considered one of the most powerful remedy for infertility in Chinese Medicine

* Lion's Mane (medicinal mushroom)  is one of few plants with the ability to induce neuro-regeneration. Although the evidence for this is limited. 

*  Asparagus makes some people's urine stinky. The funny thing is that some people have this and some don't. Also some people have it but can't smell it while others have it and can smell it. And finally some don't get it but can still smell it while other don't get it and can't smell it either. 

* Goosberries have the highest natural content of antioxidants from all known foods, aprox 20 times the amount of bluberries. 

* When preparing mushrooms, chop them and expose to sunshine. They can catch a lot of Uv B and produce decent amounts of Vitamin D2, less potent then D3 in animal foods but still better than none :)

* Grapefruit blocks an enzyme called CYP3A4. This enzyme is responsible for hepatic metabolism of many pharmaceuticals. Those on heavy medications unfortunatelly need to avoid grapefruits as there is risk of massive overdosing during slowed excretion....or find a way to get off them ^_^

* Soy and Flaxseeds are phytoestrogens. They dock into oestrogen receptors however their effects is 100s of time weaker than 17-B-Estradiol the prime female sexual hormone. This effects may reduce the chance of having oestrogen-linked cancers such as breast or uterine cancer. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

dfuauiswbnfanfaisdnja.jpg
Amazing huh and their seeds are also among the most nutrient dense foods!

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

3 hours ago, pluto said:

dfuauiswbnfanfaisdnja.jpg
Amazing huh and their seeds are also among the most nutrient dense foods!

Wow, that's a super cool fact! Good to know. And I love sunflower seeds C(:

@Natasha Yes i grew up on sunflower and hemp seeds. Especially sunflower, they were our popcorn when we watched movies!

B R E A T H E

Green peas and peanuts are legumes.

Cashews and mangoes are the same food family.