FrankTheTank

Can Leo do anything demonstrable "superhuman" and going foreward for actualize.org

51 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura IMO when you close your mind to the possibility of being wrong in a sense that there is nothing that can ever change your mind - it becomes problematic, it's like talking to a dogmatic religious person

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

6 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

@Leo Gura IMO when you close your mind to the possibility of being wrong in a sense that there is nothing that can ever change your mind - it becomes problematic, it's like talking to a dogmatic religious person

Absolute Truth is beyond an open or closed mind. It is absolute.

You need to be wise enough to forsee that, otherwise you'll be compromising with ignorance.

The Absolute cannot be "wrong" because wrong is a duality.

God cannot be wrong nor can it be doubted.

It sounds religious because it is GOD! What do you want me to do? Deny God to please your egoic standards?

No, that will not happen. Truth does not comprise with falsehood. If you can't accept that, it's actually because your mind is closed.

You need to be open to the possibility of closing your mind when it comes to doubting God. What you are closing your mind to is falsehood. Which is proper.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The premise of this thread is interesting. I, for one, have assessed Leo to be clearly a bright and talented individual with a ready grasp of strong communication skills and a clear readiness to venture deeply into uncertain territories, and he does display some characteristics of the polymath with his broad knowledge. Very very few people will be so well versed in so wide an area of knowledge, and his confidence in his own interpretations along with his stellar delivery can make it beguiling for viewers, and the concept of questioning what is heard which stems from a ready acceptance of ones own inferior knowledge can often be absent. I don't claim to have such a broad knowledge but in my own field, and in the use of psychedelics, I would claim proficiency.

In one of Leos vids pertaining to the stigma of psychedelics it glibly trots off his tongue that psilohuasca is "ten to twenty" times stronger than mushrooms without added RIMAs. For most people this would register as probably "Wow- that's some amplification" without question , probably due to no experience with this preparation. As someone who is familiar with this, I can without hesitation state that this is a clear exaggeration and inaccurate. But this is only because of my knowledge and experiences. I would be poorly placed to say dissect his presentation on quantum mechanics or Goedels Incompleteness Theroem but undoubtedly there will be viewers who are, and can recognise aspects of Leos utterances which ae perhaps less than robust.

Our man Leo is on a journey, and he is generous in allowing us a ringside seat to witness how he progresses. Without intending to offend him, or anyone else I would simply state that truth and its establishment requires more than experiential considerations, and fixed notions can hem one into a Paradigm Lock (as Leo would rightly state) , and change is an incontrovertible part of the process that is occurring.  

Edited by Corpus

12 hours ago, FrankTheTank said:

@bejapuskas

Thanks for looking up the links. but:
1. Non of these articles you linked show "conscious healing of the body", or have I missed it?

2. the only somewhat substantive study is (https://www.pnas.org/content/111/20/7379) the randomized stuy where they got infected with Escherichia coli endotoxin.

But while the results might be somewhat intersting, the obvious (and there are far more not so obvious ones) mehtodological shortcomings are 1. the improvement in symptoms was selfreported so there was way for blinding. Also the improvement in symptoms was subjective and not an objective measure of how the dissease/symptoms evolve. 2. The Wim Hoff method also includes an "exposure to cold" training which is well kown to enhance ones resilience. Also reduction of stress which is fosterd by meditation (which is also part of wim hoffs method)  is known to have an anti-inflamatory effect.
The whole study protocol is an all too well know way to veil uneffective procedures: 1) You choosen a dissease (like pain) where the manifestation of the dissease is a matter subjective reporting instead of an objective outcome measure 2) you mix your (potentially)uneffective intervention with other things that are well known to be somewhat effective.
Still, maybe the breathing technique does bring some (probably small) effect but its really nothing like mind over matter in the advertised sense.

...and I guess this was my point from the beinning of the post: if a spiritual teaching/community wants to make claims about effects other than "I leaned a lot about my inner world through introspection" or "I am more psychological healthy and that it benefited my sleeppattern and social relationships" they have to put serious, >>open ended<< intent/effort to finding evidence for and also against it.

And wasnt that the purpose of the "true seeker" project in the first place: to try to find out how the world really is.
And not to just blindly trot along a path of old text sayings and wishful thinking, about how we are all god and death is an illusion and in the end everything will be good regardless of what we do and we are all one and mind over matter. Who wouldnt want this to be true? but our preference in that metaphysical outlook itself should make us much more suspicious.

Ok, you might doubt that, but you cannot really doubt the other things that Wim Hof and his students are able to do, they are just too crazy. Maybe it is well known that cold-exposure meditation and breathing techniques have some effects, but I don't think most people are able to do that, so they are probably onto something, when they elevate this to a whole different level. Also consider that understanding of Wim Hof's physiology is beyond current science's understanding. I also disagree, that the breathing techniques has small effects, it is clearly very effective.

@Corpus Don't confuse Absolute Truth with my various explanations of things. All of my explanations are of course limited, biased, relative, and sometimes fallible.

None of that is the Absolute.

I am a fallible human and I sometimes make intellectual mistakes. But that does not change the Absolute one bit. The Absolute does not hinge on anything I say or any mistake I make. I could become a lying mass murdering con-man, but the Absolute will still be the Absolute.

^^ I hear you Leo, and agree the Absolute Truth is Absolute because it is a term which denotes what is Absolute linguistically.Nothing more nor less. As a fallible human I accept I will never fully encompass this in a way which affords me some utility from the notion in its fullest sense; partial glimpses are all that are accessible. So, therefore, what is the use...… to bastardize the thinking of Wittgenstein?

Again, we are limited by language which renders discussions in the modality restricted.

As a keen psychedelic explorer I would strongly recommend trying a dissociative with a tryptamine (vaporised DMT works well here) to get a perspective on how Absolute Truth is other than what your underlying loving awareness apprehends it to be.

@Leo Gura just say it. You can totally and instantly manifest more Rolls Royce’s from thin air then Osho.

?

@kieranperez It is your guys' job to manifest my Rolls Royces!

I am waiting....

Absolute is absolute. All dualities Distinctions etc collapse into and are themselves Pure Love. Not joke not theory not philosophy but actually. 

God is Real and YOU are it. 

Source and Reality are ONE. 

So most important question in all of existance is how much can you Love. 

Story ends right here right now. 

That is very "human". 

?

Edited by zeroISinfinity