DrewNows

Holistic Psychology - Dr. Nicole LePera + Inspirational Videos

46 posts in this topic

Fantastic! This topic is very interesting!

Are there any books of holistic psychology out there?

@arlin i dont think so...

glad you are excited, i love seeing her posts on instagram and i have many to catch up on from the beginning so ill probably just post the ones i like here when i get to them. 

great short alan watts vid

Nice share. So is this going to be a journal based on her approach and discussing her approach? 

15 hours ago, Bill W said:

Nice share. So is this going to be a journal based on her approach and discussing her approach? 

Simply sharing

This was an excellent reminder, so easy to fall into these thought patterns and lose ourselves in the unconscious. @Mu_ Thanks this video came at a good time for me

hearing alan watts is like noticing something new or gaining a deeper meaning in every time I reread a favorite book, which is not something i really do anymore (read) 

Gurdjieff's description of humans as 3 brained beings was validated more with Dr. Paul Maclains triune brain theory from back in the 50's or 1960's with work in tandem with intellect, emotion and instinct.

IMG_0643.JPG IMG_0642.JPG

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

i really want to explore more about it, i will surely do more research on the topic, but thank you!

4 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Gurdjieff's description of humans as 3 brained beings was validated more with Dr. Paul Maclains triune brain theory from back in the 50's or 1960's with work in tandem with intellect, emotion and instinct.

Awesome! 

1 hour ago, arlin said:

i really want to explore more about it, i will surely do more research on the topic, but thank you!

Feel free to share whatever you find and check out her instagram or this journal! 

This is incredible! Thanks for sharing! Def following her on Instagram

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I suppose it’s easy to get caught up in a belief that there is a right and a wrong way to live life or that there should/shouldn’t be one.

In actuality there is simply The Path we take ?

Are we muzzling ourselves? Do you allow yourself to express negative emotions? 

Edited by DrewNows

This one is real for me, "prioritizing our own needs", be aware of the conditioning habits to automatically put our needs aside

Lovely, intuitive movement is what my workouts are all about these days...

The absolute best synchronization workshop in Vancouver, I only watched the last 2 parts and it is just amazing, LOVED IT

5 hours ago, DrewNows said:

I suppose it’s easy to get caught up in a belief that there is a right and a wrong way to live life or that there should/shouldn’t be one.

In actuality there is simply The Path we take ?

Are we muzzling ourselves? Do you allow yourself to express negative emotions? 

I agree with the spirit of everything expressed here, but the way you worded the last sentence I feel deserves some debate. Especially since we've communicated some and I have faith that you won't take this as me just being argumentative or trying start a pissing contest.

What if our inner truth could be something that to the other person may be taken negatively, but also it was something which had validity to it and we could express it with a pure heart. In other words, we could express it without negative emotion?

The basis for me bringing this up is my inner truth that - We have a right not to be negative.

We have a right not to be negative which is a very different thing than - we have no right to be negative.

Am I making any sense in attempting to clarify this point of view?

1 hour ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I agree with the spirit of everything expressed here, but the way you worded the last sentence I feel deserves some debate. Especially since we've communicated some and I have faith that you won't take this as me just being argumentative or trying start a pissing contest.

What if our inner truth could be something that to the other person may be taken negatively, but also it was something which had validity to it and we could express it with a pure heart. In other words, we could express it without negative emotion?

The basis for me bringing this up is my inner truth that - We have a right not to be negative.

We have a right not to be negative which is a very different thing than - we have no right to be negative.

Am I making any sense in attempting to clarify this point of view?

The last line is separate, related to the video.

The point is we cannot know whether or not we will have a negative emotional reaction before it is happening. What the video is talking about is those who get caught in the imitation game of trying to be spiritual or a good person by only expressing their positive truths and not the negative ones.

I would agree we do not always have to respond negatively

Did you watch the video? 

Edited by DrewNows

2 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Did you watch the video? 

I did and she makes a very good point.

4 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

What the video is talking about is those who get caught in the imitation game of trying to be spiritual or a good person by only expressing their positive truths and not the negative ones.

I've seen this not only in others but myself as well in the past.

I guess my point is that with enough Inquiry and work on ones mechanicalness in emotional reactions, ultimately, we have a choice. While it will eventually result in pathology to repress feeling negative emotions, the expression of negative emotions is harmful to us essentially and serves no purpose in that it never accomplishes anything objectively. Besides being a relief valve for our egoic pressure, it only degrades the real in us, the essence of being. It's a tall order, no doubt but it's evidenced in the Saints and other near-Saints who don't take things in a negative way. Even things that are plainly horrible in the context of even extraordinary life situations.

Associated with this is the idea of inner spaciousness.

This is a main component and at the heart of the Fourth Way practice.

• Feel everything and don't repress the feelings.
  • But keep reactivity and loss of finer energies in check by not giving verbal expressions to negative emotions.

Anyway, I feel like I've expressed it as best as I can.

Thank you for allowing me space to express. It's a great Journal and topic!

@Zigzag Idiot appreciate the details, I would mostly agree! It’s amazing what that space can and will do, granting freedom to be completely without the emotions. There’s also using negative reactions to create boundaries or make some kind of point and no attachment to the expression is needed.

Is the difference between a socio/psychopath and a saint “me”? 

Edited by DrewNows

This book is amazing for understanding how to observe the self and realizing your true essence. 

I really needed to reflect on this topic of boundaries