winterknight

How certain desires move you away from the simplicity of being

17 posts in this topic

I thought all desires moves you away from being... 

Edited by Salvijus

@winterknight

Kama krodha lobha moga madha mascharya.

Damba,Garva,Abhimana,Agankara,Shame,Guilt,Insult to pride ,respect and few more words in tamil for which I dont know the exact translation in Sanskrit - English all has to be purified,purged.

Chitta vritti Nirodha.

From a book written by an Avadhoota Sadhguru Saint.

Edited by Jkris
Added

8 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I thought all desires moves you away from being... 

In some very deep sense, that may be true, but for a seeker, the kinds of desire that are problematic are the ones that agitate the mind, which are only certain ones. Hunger is not a problem, but gluttony may be. Desires that are based on unexamined, unconscious cravings that are the big problem issue.

A seeker doesn't have the option of avoiding all desire. Even the attempt to avoid all desire then becomes a desire.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

12 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

All desires move you to Being. ?

Well, all desires are nothing but being, we could say if we wanted :)

7 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@winterknight

Kama krodha lobha moga madha mascharya.

Damba,Garva,Abhimana,Agankara,Shame,Guilt,Insult to pride and few more words in tamil for which I dont know the exact translation in Sanskrit - English all has to be purified,purged.

Chitta vritti Nirodha.

From a book written by an Avadhoota Sadhguru Saint.

Yup. Although chitta vritti nirodha (the stopping of disturbing thoughts) is ultimately something that only the Truth can do -- or rather that the Truth already is. In the presence of Truth, the vrittis aren't, even when from the outsider's perspective they "appear to be," in the same way that candelight ceases to be seen when the candle is placed next to the Sun.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

55 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Well, all desires are nothing but being, we could say if we wanted :)

Yup. Although chitta vritti nirodha (the stopping of disturbing thoughts) is ultimately something that only the Truth can do -- or rather that the Truth already is. In the presence of Truth, the vrittis aren't, even when from the outsider's perspective they "appear to be," in the same way that candelight ceases to be seen when the candle is placed next to the Sun.

Man I love these metaphors. The more I awaken the more I’m amazed at how some of the new and old in this instance, ability to phrase something that so hits the nail on the head. That metaphor is so true in a experience that has been going on strong for me in the last few months now, which in a non verbal level is just seen but when expressed so far is in my opinion only moderately satisfactory. But that metaphor is so spot on and much more brief then my attempts. Love it. 

3 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Man I love these metaphors. The more I awaken the more I’m amazed at how some of the new and old in this instance, ability to phrase something that so hits the nail on the head. That metaphor is so true in a experience that has been going on strong for me in the last few months now, which in a non verbal level is just seen but when expressed so far is in my opinion only moderately satisfactory. But that metaphor is so spot on and much more brief then my attempts. Love it. 

Glad it resonated :)

How can you move away from being when being is all there is and no matter where you move, you're still being. Desire and movement ARE being. :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

47 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How can you move away from being when being is all there is and no matter where you move, you're still being. Desire and movement ARE being. :P

True :), and that’s the paradox of the seeker, who has to maintain in mind simultaneously the contradiction of their seeking and their already being what they seek...

Edited by winterknight

@Leo Gura So is ignorance, suffering, and the devil as you call it. It’s not a value judgement. Has to do with the mechanics of realities expressions.

@Arhattobe Of course. As I have said from the very beginning, the devil is God.

Yep.  Including the desire for Truth.  This one is hard for certain personalities to understand.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Leo Gura My point is being on the “devils” side keeps you from “seeing god” or realising it. It is not a value judgement to say cravings keep your from full enlightenment.

It’s like saying u have engine issues, fixing it will help your car run faster. “But the engine issues are a part of the car” you could say, but that’s besides the point.

@Arhattobe In other words: being selfish keeps people from being selfless.

That's why I call people devils. To point that out.

? Just pointing out how some people can draw unhealthy conclusions from statements like the one I was responding to : )