iTommy

Dropping The Body After Enlightenment?

31 posts in this topic

I've heard from several sources, that many self-realized/enlightened people drop their physical body. How does this procedure go about? Do they consciously decide it's time to go, and then "flooOOP", travel within the astral realm or other dimensions? 

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Not sure who can answer that one from direct experience but I like the Nisargadatta quote.

1 hour ago, iTommy said:

travel within the astral realm or other dimensions

@iTommy Who flies?

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

Asleep, separate, material, physical... identified with the body. (While actuality is ‘not a body’) 

Awake, realized the actuality. 

Nothing actually happened with the “body”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

What a nonsense death praising idea.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

9 hours ago, tecladocasio said:

@iTommy Who flies?

Harry Potter on his Nimbus 2000. 

9 hours ago, Nahm said:

Asleep, separate, material, physical... identified with the body. (While actuality is ‘not a body’) 

Awake, realized the actuality. 

Nothing actually happened with the “body”. 

Sounds fair and after the realization according to my knowledge, one still perceives duality within non-duality. So I wonder why many apparently do drop the physical body from a duality POV. I've read that some ascended masters continue to help and teach in other realms, such as the astral realm. 

9 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

What a nonsense death praising idea.

When one realizes that the body isn't them, or only a part of them, is it really a death praising idea at that point from their perspective?

Knowledge is a veil, duality (appearance / illusion) . The ‘real’ of the feeling of knowing knowledge, is knowing the self derived from having forgotten the self. There is no actual duality known, only an idea of a knower and it’s knowledge. A being which is itself infinite intelligence recognizing itself, never actually knowing any thing. There isn’t actually any knowledge or a thing to know, You just appear that way. Duality isn’t perceived within nonduality, nonduality is known in spite of the illusion duality, like remembering in spite of having forgotten, but what was forgotten was No Thing / The Substance Of Not Knowing / You. A body isn’t dropped, there never was a body. Duality isn’t dropped, because it never actually was some thing, delusion is dropped, in recognition there isn’t any. There is only Being recognizing and knowing itself. 

If the cosmic joke is not funny, the joke is on “you”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Being/Absolute infinity/consciousness/God/formlessness/nothingness/You

It is itself for Eternity.  It is itself so much that there is no where to go, no where to escape.  So much so that it bursts into illusion/form/duality/limitation.

It is all it can do.  It is all you can do.  You must continually discover yourself to Eternity.  You must simply, BE.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Gili Trawangan meditation and self inquiry which led to mystical experiences that led to much higher levels of consciousness.  How long have you been meditating and what techniques? 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Gili Trawangan also i think you have to be at a stage of development in your life where you as the ego have adapted and grown through suffering.  And release any clinging to beliefs.  Natural consciousness growth.  Combine that with mysticism and oh boy.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

15 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Gili Trawangan meditation and self inquiry which led to mystical experiences that led to much higher levels of consciousness.  How long have you been meditating and what techniques? 

@Inliytened1 I've been meditating for five years but only started to do it seriously less than a year ago.

I did concentration for a while (focusing on the breath), Vipassana (stopped it after a while) and then just went for relaxing attention and just letting go. These days that's mostly what I do, just try to get to a state of no mind by relaxing attention.

I also do self-inquiry which, if I'm not mistaken, brings you to the same place as the meditation I described, a state of just awareness with no identity.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

19 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Gili Trawangan also i think you have to be at a stage of development in your life where you as the ego have adapted and grown through suffering.  And release any clinging to beliefs.  Natural consciousness growth.  Combine that with mysticism and oh boy.  

Also, I've had plenty of suffering, that's what led me to spirituality in the first place :)

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

5 hours ago, iTommy said:

one still perceives duality within non-duality.

@iTommy Who said you that nonsense? 

@tecladocasio not nonsense my good man.  Think about it.  

All is One.  Duality is division into parts.  Parts are part of the whole part still the whole.  You can look at it as a part but its actually within the whole. 

Yet all is still One.  Both perspectives are true simultaneously.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

And the reason it is within the whole is because it cannot reach outside to grasp the whole.  Finity cannot grasp infinity.  

That's mario stuck in the video game.  He just doesn't know he's a mystic yet.  But Mario is a part of the game, and still the whole game.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 But he said ''one still perceives duality within non-duality''. How can be one perceiving? If there is, that's duality. There is no one perceiving and that's why it's nonsense. It's just a intellectualization of something that can't be true.

Edited by tecladocasio