Scarecrow

Hobbies In Elightment

12 posts in this topic

Do enlightened people still enjoy hobbies and activities like playing soccer or watching at movie and things like that. And do enlightened people still fallow a passion or is that ego?

@Scarecrow Once enlightened the experience will enjoy itself ;)

- Enter your fear and you are free -

@Scarecrow I mean a read a funny thing once where someone asks "master, what changes after enlightenment?" And the enlightened one said "nothing much, you still have to do the laundry" my guess is they would enjoy it but they probably wouldn't engage in it as much or they simply wouldn't want to because being enlightened itself doesn't bring any desire to do stuff all the time but just to 'be' more and they enjoy that more 

47 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

Do enlightened people still enjoy hobbies and activities like playing soccer or watching at movie and things like that. And do enlightened people still fallow a passion or is that ego?

Many enlightened masters watch movies. Mostly movies with a deep message. I know of one living that goes to the gym, so the masculin side of him can let it self out (after many years of stillness). Enlightened people do not stare at a white wall for 24 hours. They still make choiche when they eat at restaurants. Some enlightened ones still paint, those things.

Enlightened people experience much passion naturaly, but ofcourse from many things they can feel passion (listening to specific music, retreats), Also much passion from laughing I see. It is much like childhood so it is really playful, spontanous, joyful.

For the most direct path to enlightenment, it is focused in a heart-centered way, that is what many people tend to ignore. The path to realizing is not so painful as a bonus than 'crushing' the 'ego'.

Have fun.

Edited by A way to Actualize

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

8 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

Some hobbies fall away after enlightenment, some stay and some new ones has come up.

First and foremost there is enjoyment of being. There is no holding onto certain activities, that is ego. One could describe it as passion towards being and this carried over to the activity if that makes sense.

@WelcometoReality Like... you not thinking and enjoying what your doing? I'm kinda scared to lose video games =( I love them so much I hope I don't lose them after I'm truly enlightened

I honestly enjoy this singular experience, but I'm getting the feeling that I'm kinda stuck in limbo.. or... like having sex and .. I can't nut... it's fucking weird .. I find myself zoning in like I exist..and zoning out reminding myself I don't exist as Michael..

I kinda hate it

Edited by DizIzMikey

5 hours ago, DizIzMikey said:

@WelcometoReality Like... you not thinking and enjoying what your doing? I'm kinda scared to lose video games =( I love them so much I hope I don't lose them after I'm truly enlightened

I honestly enjoy this singular experience, but I'm getting the feeling that I'm kinda stuck in limbo.. or... like having sex and .. I can't nut... it's fucking weird .. I find myself zoning in like I exist..and zoning out reminding myself I don't exist as Michael..

I kinda hate it

Yes there is still enjoyment but it does not come from what you do. That is less important. You might still like to play videogames after the enlightenment has run it's course and the personal will has dried up. It just won't be the same rush as you had before.

Notice what you do to make you zone into the personal self. It is common to cling onto certain things, because it is terrefying to see yourself free falling away. It gets easier once you let go but I know it is frightening. Just let go. It is out of your control.

It might be encouraging to know I still like videogames. ☺

One tends to stop watching the news (fear based media).  Also horseshit reality shows which are rampant.

1 hour ago, Ramu said:

One tends to stop watching the news (fear based media).  Also horseshit reality shows which are rampant.

Indeed. ? Completly stopped watching TV. I watch a tv series with my wife once a week on demand.

However I watch reruns of House MD and love Better Call Saul!!

On 4/26/2016 at 6:53 AM, DizIzMikey said:

I kinda hate it

U think u will sit there as enlightened and think: "fuck it im enlightened, i don't like video games no more :(" ? hehe

maybe when your Enlightened it's like building a sand castle on a beach and then destroy it, then build it again, then destroy and so on...         You think and you know it's silly, but you simply enjoy it.