Peter124

Questions about Enlightenment

11 posts in this topic

So "I" got bored and decided to meditate lying down on "my" bed, 

And something peculiar happened during the session. At about the end, near the time "I" opened "my" eyes again, 

The ego voice (or just "my" thaughts admitted that it is a lie. It said something to the effect of (and "I'm" paraphrasing.)

"I am a lie. My life, my birth, my death is a lie. My wants, my desires, my fears and my anxieties is a lie."

And it felt like a bit of a burden was unloaded, lifted from me. It felt good and I felt lighter and better. Happier and was laughing afterwards. 

Afterwards, I was realizing things like what Enlightenment really means. 

Not understanding the bullet points of what enlightenment says. Or being cognitively aware of it and living according to it like some philosophy. 

But actually becoming it. 

BECOMING enlightened means, becoming enlightenment itself. And realizing your truth as truth. Your true self as truth. As enlightenment itself. 

The truth that Leo, the Buddha Jesus and many more taught is that the ego and all the thaught stories and narratives beliefs and ideas are delusion. 

All of it. Which included all fears, anxieties, neurosis, desires and all man-made concepts. 

Which means that body or mind (in the conventional use of the term) or psychology or personality you believe to be you, that thing which is yours, your life, seperate from other life forms, people and material things. Ego is a delusion. 

And that what everything is, is just one infinate hallucination or dream as Leo described it. This hallucinating agent is what is called, concuousness or pure, empty awareness. Becoming itself as form. Existing and being as form. 

But as a hallucination. 

Which means there is only me. And you the reader are me. 

"My" question is, after an enlightenment experience, is it usual for the ego voice, the linguistic thaught voice to be in your head? Basically, for ego thinking continue? As it's still continuing for "me" 

And does that mean that this mini enlightenment experience of the ego admiring itself to be a lie and realizing, becoming enlightenment itself and as the true self as enlightenment itself only small parts of a much larger enlightenment journey? 

At full enlightenment does the ego voice disappear forever? Or does it remain? And how does contemplation/thinking happen without the voice? Does thinking happen at all? Is there still contemplation in the usual way or does the nature of the way contemplation happens change? 

Edited by Peter124

1 hour ago, Peter124 said:

"My" question is, after an enlightenment experience, is it usual for the ego voice, the linguistic thaught voice to be in your head? Basically, for ego thinking continue? As it's still continuing for "me" 

Hi!... Welcome to the forum.

I don't make any claims of permanent enlightenment or liberation/Moksha, but have been Self-realized for many years, which waxes and wanes, full assimilation of this "realization" proves to take time. Of course this depends on how ripe one is when awakening occurs.

So, with that being said, yes, it's normal for there to continue to be thoughts referencing a "sense of self". Why is this? Because, it's not real to begin with, so how to rid oneself of an illusion? You just know it's an illusion. 

1 hour ago, Peter124 said:

And does that mean that this mini enlightenment experience of the ego admiring itself to be a lie and realizing, becoming enlightenment itself and as the true self as enlightenment itself only small parts of a much larger enlightenment journey? 

Yes

As to your last question, there will probably be different thoughts on here, but unless you're a yogi sitting in deep Nirvikalpa samadhi to "remove the world" (which is temporary), then you will have thoughts.

Contemplation/thinking happens as usual, remember they aren't you.. or "real" anyways. Thoughts can become more in-line with Self-realization, as a side effect, but assimilation of "the truth" with the "apparent" person can take quite awhile to work itself out.

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Sounds like you entered non-dual state, it is normal for thoughts to continue and it is actually first thing you should notice to see ego for what it is .

6 hours ago, Peter124 said:

At full enlightenment does the ego voice disappear forever? Or does it remain? And how does contemplation/thinking happen without the voice? Does thinking happen at all? Is there still contemplation in the usual way or does the nature of the way contemplation happens change?

That ego voice gets recontextualized as the voice of God.

That's God talking to itself!

The voice does not need to disappear. Thoughts serve a very useful function.

The goal is not to stop thoughts but to realize that thoughts are not your only identity. And to get peace from your thoughts when you desire it. The average person gets carried away by her thoughts, totally lost in them. An awake person still has thoughts but isn't dominated by them.

Be careful not to demonize thoughts, or judge thoughts as bad. Also be careful not to adopt an anti-intellectual form of spirituality, where advanced forms of thinking about the world are dismissed and denied. For example, systems thinking is still very important for resolving world problems and actualizing God's Goodness. Living in a cave is not a sustainable solution to world problems.

Spirit and intellect must be integrated. Your thought process must become multi-dimensional and suffused with spirit rather than suppressed.

Thoughts are really only a problem when they are egoistical thoughts: thoughts of selfishness, manipulation, fear, judgment, rationalization, criticism, blaming, greed, lying, jealousy, denial, etc.

Purify your thoughts of all that toxic stuff.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

The goal is not to stop thought

Isn't the goal to stop thoughts with enlightenment, like in the deeper levels of enlightenment. isn't the goal no mind state?

15 minutes ago, Peo said:

Isn't the goal to stop thoughts with enlightenment, like in the deeper levels of enlightenment. isn't the goal no mind state?

That is a goal when you're on a retreat with the intention of breaking through into deep states of samadhi.

But outside of that life must go on, and in fact you will need advanced types of thinking to act effectively in the world and help the world to awaken.

Be careful not to denigrate the mind. The mind is an important tool. Acting mindlessly will result in foolishness.

The trick is not to identify with your thinking and the conclusions of your thinking. Most people think about stuff and then they turn the end result of that into an identity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Peo said:

Get to non-dual state and you will understand, you are not identified with thoughts, you do not see them as your thoughts, so you could say that you are in no mind state, but it is not fully true, but fact remains, you do not see them as your thoughts in literal sense. 

7 minutes ago, Peo said:

The goal to stop thought come from thought itself. Awareness has no goal to end any experience. It is open to any experience and also doesn't cling to any of it.

If you try to stop thought it will only lead to more thoughts.

@Peter124 I haven't reached full enlightenment but as the awakening goes deeper and deeper the voice, ego thinking, comes up less and less. You won't lose the ability to use your mind as a tool.

8 hours ago, purerogue said:

Get to non-dual state and you will understand, you are not identified with thoughts, you do not see them as your thoughts, so you could say that you are in no mind state, but it is not fully true, but fact remains, you do not see them as your thoughts in literal sense. 

Like the sounds of bird chirps while meditating. ? ☺️

@Peter124 changing your wording won't cut it.

don't be afraid of "i", "me", "my", "mine". find out what those words are pointing to.

unborn Truth