mandyjw

Mirror, Mirror

90 posts in this topic

This journal is a place for total chaos. Everyone is welcome. 

There are a few things to understand first before posting please.

Me and a few other members on the forum have had organic conversations in which the boundary between self and other disappears and great insights result. For me this resulted in my doing shadow work and trusting someone else to prompt me through it, resulting in an awakening more dramatic than any I've experienced yet.  

This was only possible because we were able to connect and understand that we were each other's mirrors. Everyone on this forum is our mirror but in our desire to look smart, be respected, not get into trouble or not embarrass ourselves, we close ourselves off from each other for protection.

Post only if you are interested in seeing who you really are and are truly ready for the discomfort that that entails. 

The danger in starting a discussion/thread/journal like this is that these conversations seem to happen organically. Can they be prompted? It's sort of the same concept of psychedelics I suppose. Does it really matter if a mystical experience is induced or natural as long as you have it, some way? This thread will be an experiment in which I hope to find out the answer to this question. 

There are no teachers and there are no students.

Only mirrors. 

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the most enlightened of them all? xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Marc Schinkel Why specifically not Esther Hicks? 

@Truth Addict Still water reflects but can never be broken. 

I had a dream/insight that the "fountain of life" and a black hole are the same thing. You throw a rock into a lake and water shoots upwards from the force trying to equalize itself again. 

You can make quite a splash though, or a tsunami. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw

Water is a better metaphor actually, I like that, it can be distributed unlike a mirror, and it's infinite.

❤️

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict If you break my glass mirror I can just melt it down into something else anyway. 

@Marc Schinkel Thanks! I recently discovered her and was very closed minded to the concept of channeling and the law of attraction for years. She brought me out of nihilism but it was not smooth sailing as I had to accept ugly patterns about myself and desires that I had unknowingly repressed with spirituality. 

All of our interactions are us trying to reflect each other. That's why our personality changes around different people. Some people we can't be around not because we don't like them but because we don't like who we become around them. When you start to become aware of how fluid your personality really is, it helps you to understand yourself and your false self (ego) much better. 

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

@Truth Addict If you break my glass mirror I can just melt it down into something else anyway. 

Don't get cocky. God creates something out of nothing :P

❤️

6 hours ago, Marc Schinkel said:

@mandyjw I see, very clever! 

It reminds me of this:

The Looking Glass Self - I am who I think you think I am

This is so relevant to self observation and Inquiry and also a perfect description of what in the Fourth Way is called 'inner considering'. A very prevalent but specific neurosis in most everyone which disperses our precious commodity of attention available for one's own direction. 

Reminded me to search you tube again which resulted in discovering a good fresh one,,,,, just 2 minutes long -

Of all the videos I've seen of Leo's, this is the one which I find speaks the most about this neurotic tendency.

Inner considering starts the process of ego backlash. IME and why it's so relevant for all of us to understand and recognize it. If we understand, our chances are better for putting a stick into the spinning spokes of this form of monkey mind.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

If I’m understanding correctly, is this the journal to come spill my guts out in nonsensically whenever I feel the need? 

@DrewNows It was my interpretation also that that would be ok,,, a relief valve where open book type people could process shadow out here in front of God and everybody. Sounds risky but I will probably jump in at least once in a while if it takes off.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@DrewNows Generally speaking yes.
I think that it was intended more as a place where you observe your shadow at work when you interact with other people.

Obviously, we have to react to something other than people being surprised by the purpose of this thread, so your spilled guts are the perfect material for that.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki @Zigzag Idiot Hmm interesting. Still not exactly sure how the mirroring is going to play out but I’ll sacrifice my precious ego here ?

On 5/14/2019 at 4:27 PM, DrewNows said:

If I’m understanding correctly, is this the journal to come spill my guts out in nonsensically whenever I feel the need? 

Your first problem, oh mirror, is that you're making that sound like it's not an honorable noble thing to do. Why is that? Have you been shamed for over sharing in the past? 

Why do you think you're better than everyone else mandy ? :D

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

Why do you think you're better than everyone else mandy ? :D

"Everyone else", what's that? I am the Chosen One. Obviously. 

6 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

"Everyone else", what's that? I am the Chosen One. Obviously. 

Chosen of what ?

Pancakes chief ? xD

God is love

And God in them

@Shin I am chosen to live a life of fucking off and wavering in the delight of life's purposelessness.

I am not sure what being chief of pancakes entails. I am terrible at making pancakes. 

5 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Shin I am chosen to live a life of fucking off and wavering in the delight of life's purposelessness.

I am not sure what being chief of pancakes entails. I am terrible at making pancakes. 

You're terrible at that,

TOO ???!!!

Man you're screwed ?

God is love

And God in them

@Shin My absolute fantasy is to live a life where ZERO expectations are placed on me. 

Too bad every aspect of life comes with responsibilities and expectations when you don't live alone in the woods.

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-