Angelo John Gage

My Motivational Video for Men

26 posts in this topic

Some of you initially may look at this and go "oh this is ego division based" but its not. We need balance. Check it out. 

good stuff. i agree with the main message but i disagree with your methods/didactic.

keep it up!

unborn Truth

I do expect people from here to agree with your position because my target audience are those who are very unaware so I have to use their way of speaking/thinking to get the message. But you still got the message nonetheless haha.

I love the message around being able to deal with insults better and develop a thicker skin. You used some great examples and you come across as mega authentic. 

I disagree with the whole macho man stuff though. It seems dated now. Can't we just apply some of this to men and women as one. It's the 21st century lol.

Alpha Male pick up artist thing made me laugh. 

This is a like a sexist rant at times but an intelligent one! 

I actually will follow some of your stuff. Disagree with some of it but there is wisdom there for me. Man my reply here contradicts itself a lot. I half love your video and half hate it! Made me think though. 

I don't think I've ever seen a video that I'm so for and against all in one short clip.

its not really macho man stuff, but as you can see, the great imbalance we face in society is because now it is TOO feminized. Too much of one energy will lead to injustice, whether it be a patriarch or a matriarchy. The constant striving to 'progress forward' from ideas that are so-called outdated to artificially create reality which defies nature itself is why we are in this mess today. @Bill W

1 minute ago, Angelo John Gage said:

the great imbalance we face in society is because now it is TOO feminized

I disagree. There are pockets of society that are too feminized. I agree in that certain individuals and groups could benefit from integrating masculine qualities but I believe you are making a sweeping generalization. 

12 minutes ago, Angelo John Gage said:

is why we are in this mess today

Which mess are you referring to? I see a variety of problems at many levels. And not all of them are because men lack masculinity.

@ivory  The mess I'm referring to is political correctness, safe-spaces, politics driven by emotion rather than logic which has been nothing but detrimental to society as a whole. We are literally breeding emotionally weak human beings; telling men they are 'bad', telling women they need to be like men and reject any 'gender roles'. There are certainly many facets in life which are affected by this; take for example the absolute destruction of the family which 50% divorce rates etc....lack of fathers in the home, especially in minority communities account for the reason why most youths get into gangs.

@Angelo John Gage Ok. Sounds like you are just demonizing the left. You need to look at these issues more systemically. Masculine / feminine is too general. This is a very nuanced, integral problem.

@ivory  I am not doing that at all actually. The imbalance is on both sides if you really think about it. But yes, its not so simple.

9 minutes ago, Angelo John Gage said:

The imbalance is on both sides if you really think about it

That's what I was getting at. How familiar are you with spiral dynamics? Once you really grasp it you realize there are more than just two sides. It's a complex system. No right or wrong, no better or worse. Just integrated or not integrated manifestations.

@ivory i skipped through it but haven't gone in depth like I should...I have to catch up on those vids

IMO, the promotion of spiral dynamics is one of the best things Leo has done for society. Once understand, spiral dynamics will skyrocket your growth. Check out the vids for sure.

I will watch this video right now with my accountability partner.  Thanks.

@Angelo John Gage most people here won't understand you until they've decided to build a family grounded on virtuous foundations. i recommend that you just leave it this way and work on your message. don't waste energy.

unborn Truth

Men have problems talking about their feelings and being soft, due to our society telling men to "man up" whenever they experience hurt. This makes them feel as though their negative feelings are too feminine so they develop this belief that being soft = weak and they can't be weak. Being weak then becomes a bad thing, and they must be strong. So they pretend and identify with "strong" while ignoring the pain and hurt in them. 

Inside the man suffers. He needs to feel his pain. He needs to move out and gain comfort from others. Love and human connection from others is a very powerful force, most especially during this time. 

Many men experience pain and decades long periods of isolation due to never being to express who they are because they were taught by society/parents that they must be strong and cannot be weak. They never feel seen. They feel alone. And the feeling of alone-ness fucking stings. I think it's one of the much stronger negative feelings we experience 

Expressing your feelings and experiencing human empathy and bond is a very powerful and meaningful part of life 

They suppress and never feel. 

I disagree and encourage men to "soften up", express who they are and their vulnerabilities

Hypothesis/Summary: Vulnerability takes courage 

The man does not express his true feelings because he is afraid to look feminine or weak. He is fearful of rejection from the fellow men and by women for being weak.

"It is only during a man's time of fear where he can experience bravery. A man cannot be brave when there is no fear" 

Therefore, vulnerability takes courage 

Imo the message should be, "feel what you're feeling. It's okay. I love you. You matter"...

I'm happy to hear rejections and disagreements, i would like to see where the holes in my philosophy are 

Edited by d0ornokey

@d0ornokey There is some truth to what you are saying and truth to what Angelo is saying. The idea that men are weak for being vulnerable is an unfortunate side effect of social conditioning. There is strength in honesty and vulnerability. However, it's crucial that men are also assertive, expressive, not overly sensitive, and committed. In other words, you need to be strong enough to deal with the challenges that life throws at you.

From a spiral perspective, Angelo is promoting red/orange qualities and you are promoting more greenish qualities. Both are important to embrace.

@Angelo John Gage Applaud you in sharing your thoughts/beliefs but encourage you to lead by example, focusing on inward/self understanding rather than the outward battle. Spiral dynamics, epistemology (street on YT), and shadow work are where it's all at. Thanks again for the motivational video, love the ego!  

5 hours ago, Angelo John Gage said:

@ivory  The mess I'm referring to is political correctness, safe-spaces, politics driven by emotion rather than logic which has been nothing but detrimental to society as a whole. We are literally breeding emotionally weak human beings; telling men they are 'bad', telling women they need to be like men and reject any 'gender roles'. There are certainly many facets in life which are affected by this; take for example the absolute destruction of the family which 50% divorce rates etc....lack of fathers in the home, especially in minority communities account for the reason why most youths get into gangs.

I recommend you watch leo's how to be a man part 2 and spiral dynamics - green 

Edited by d0ornokey