Alfonsoo

How to Enter CREATIVE STATE

7 posts in this topic

Writing an essay, trying to improv o. The guitar/piano, talking with someone, cooking, etc., any activity which requires a higher than normal creative state.

How (and why I can’t) to tap into a shameless, free flowing creativity?

i believe this mind block  has something with shame and ego trying not to take risks. Could meditation or psychedelics help?

Meditate. It’s not something you can simply enter. It’s more like letting it take you...

Start walking around and get present, breath a bit deeper and go into your breath. Now don't try to come up with an idea to hard,  keep your mind empty.  now do this for several hours.  Now flirt with something you want to be creative about,  and once an yout hooked in and inspired, then start thinking about it, but keep your body engaged.  Keep your mind really spacey and free.  the walking seems to do it for me, like you can peer into your subconsious more easily into the really good stuff.  Try taking one day to walk around for like 8 hours and do this, stay present and keep walking.

Edited by Mulky
tthought of more stuff

Your mind and body is the vehicle through which Consciousness experiences life in your particular perspective. If you want to tap into your creative power, become more conscious of your deep inner state in presence. This is also what people generally call the "flow state" in which you lose all sense of time and only focus on the task at hand in a very efficient or creative way. This is being present, as opposed to when the mind wastes energy worrying about the past or future (thus creating a mind block as well as a sense of a prolonged time). But, before anything, be sure to be taking care of yourself. Eat healthy, exercise regularly, and rest adequately so that you may optimize your vehicle's potential to be able to achieve what you're after. You must also organize your schedule to reduce time constraints and put in the necessary effort to both learn and practice as well as take breaks to recover and be inspired again.

Although I can't speak for psychedelics, meditation (such as mindfulness) can help you become more conscious of the way disturbances are preventing you from being present by paying close attention to the outer body (e.g. outside circumstances and internal body reactions/sensations) and the inner body (e.g. mental/emotional states and reactions). These disturbances are often outside of your control to change, so you must surrender all resistance and fully accept the present circumstances so that the mind cannot latch onto them. Become centered in the here and now, the deep inner stillness, before you begin your task, and you will see an improvement in your work. From this new state of focus, devoid of outer/inner disturbances, the subsequent thoughts and actions will be more creative, efficient and insightful than before because it ensures that the energy in your vehicle (i.e. mind and body) is being used optimally in alignment with the source.

There could be many discussions about it but don't forget the importance of just going with it. If you create your set up and directly start working everyday even if you don't like it, you will be much more likely to get that creative flow state. And you can't predict when will it be, so you have to have as many shots as possible if you are an artist. 

Psychedelics are enhancing creativity for sure, but I didn't make art on psychedelics yet, maybe because trips was too powerful. I will try microdosing for this. 

I am not sure about how meditation affects it but I think it has positive effect since it grows my consciousness and dissolve my ego. But on the other hand I have to swim between ideas and thoughts to create. David lynch talks a lot about it. I would like to hear ideas of you guys about this too. Maybe do nothing technique would be effective on this. 

Edited by ahmet sukru

You can get creative insights from mediation, but I do not want to go in details, there must be some information somewhere, how to tap into this.

6 hours ago, Alfonsoo said:

Writing an essay, trying to improv o. The guitar/piano, talking with someone, cooking, etc., any activity which requires a higher than normal creative state.

How (and why I can’t) to tap into a shameless, free flowing creativity?

i believe this mind block  has something with shame and ego trying not to take risks. Could meditation or psychedelics help?

Try some vodka... It can work. Lose your mind man 

Patrice Patrice Patrice.. There is no secret