Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anderz

Global Collective Consciousness

83 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm new to this forum (male, from Sweden) and I heard Leo talking about holons which are simultaneously wholes and parts. Examples of this is that atoms are whole units that at the same time can be parts of molecules which in turn are wholes that can be a part of single cells which in turn can be parts of multicellular organisms.

The next logical step for our evolution here on earth is therefore that humanity turns into a larger holon, a super organism that is a whole which at the same time includes us humans as parts. So it's a global collective consciousness that transcends and includes our individual minds. This idea has also been described by Peter Russell as the Global Brain and by Bruce Lipton with his explanation of fractal evolution: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kHEcVNlcMQ - Fractal Evolution: Bruce Lipton interviewed by Alan Steinfeld

Such evolutionary leap will transform our whole planet and interestingly all major religions describe the coming of a new earth:

Christianity

"See, I will create new heavens and a new earth." - Isaiah 65

"Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea." - Revelation 21:1

Judaism

"HaOlam HaBa, or "the world to come", is an important part of Jewish eschatology " - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_to_come#Jewish_eschatology

"The Temple will be rebuilt (Ezekiel 40) resuming many of the suspended mitzvot[9] (commandments) He will then perfect the entire world to serve God together (Zephaniah 3:9)" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_eschatology

Islam

"Allah creates new heavens and a new earth. Upon their completion, the third trumpet will be blown. It is “the trumpet of resurrection.”" - https://christinprophecy.org/articles/islamic-eschatology/

Hinduism

"In Hindu eschatology the current age is the Kali Yuga, a period of decline. Kalki ('Destroyer of Filth') will appear to purge all evil, beginning a golden age of Satya Yuga." - https://www.revolvy.com/page/World-to-come

"Kalki ... is described in the Puranas as the avatar who rejuvenates existence by ending the darkest and destructive period to remove adharma and ushering in the Satya Yuga, while riding a white horse with a fiery sword." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalki

Buddhism

"Maitreya's coming is characterized by the decreasing of the oceans in size, allowing Maitreya to traverse them freely. The event will also allow the unveiling of the true dharma (Law, Teaching) to the people, in turn allowing the construction of a new world." - https://sirius-eng.net/liki/maitreia.htm

-------

Notice that "no longer any sea" in Revelation 21 likely means no longer any corrupt corrupt system, not a literal sense that the oceans will dry up:

"The symbol of "the sea" is similar to that seen in the beasts rising out of the sea and out of the earth (Revelation 13:1, 11). It designates origination, representing the realm of the earth. Christ's origin is the realm of heaven, but the beasts, part of a corrupt system, come from the sea and the earth. The sea, a body of water, symbolizes "peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues" (Revelation 17:15)." - https://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/cgg/ID/4342/Sea-as-Symbol.htm

The internet is already a sort of hive mind.

Collective consciousness is not new, it's been here for 10,000 years at least.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Anderz Thank you for an integrative perspective of collective conscious from various religions. I love this type of integrated thinking. I’d also like to add that the direct experience of collective consciousness is available to each of us. I like to sit in nature or a cafe and dissolve into the collective consciousness. It can be uncomfortable at times, yet it can be pretty darn magnificent as well. ? 

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The internet is already a sort of hive mind.

Collective consciousness is not new, it's been here for 10,000 years at least.

Yes, Bruce Lipton mentioned that the internet is a beginning of a global "nervous system". And I find it amazing that Peter Russell already made a documentary about this in the 80s: 

And a proto-global consciousness may indeed have existed for 10,000 years, hidden in plain sight so to speak.

My theory is that we will gradually wake up from our individual minds into a global mind. From a scientific perspective this will be the result of our local minds becoming nonlocally entangled with a global collective field of consciousness. There are some small scientific studies of this kind of mind-to-mind entanglement. In this presentation some of these studies are described: 

23 minutes ago, Anderz said:

There are some small scientific studies of this kind of mind-to-mind entanglement. 

There are other forms of morphogenetic fields in nature such as bird and fish murmurations.

34 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

There are other forms of morphogenetic fields in nature such as bird and fish murmurations.

Yes, Rupert Sheldrake said that for example birds and fishes moving in formations are best described by field models.

The presenter in the video talked about earth's magnetic field. That probably acts as a morphic field too. However, the presenter only talked about the brain, and entangled brains. I heard a person from HeartMath saying that there is more information going from the heart to the brain than from the brain to the heart. And here is a blog post about the heart:

"The crucial relevance of such discovery is due the fact that until recently used to be known that it is in the brain where all the “action” takes place. No doubt, the brain has its electric and magnetic field, but they are relatively weak compared with the heart’s that is about 100 times stronger electrically and 5000 times stronger magnetically! ... Currently, scientific studies have shown that – in response to the emotion that we create between our heart and brain -, the human heart is capable of making changes in both electric or/and magnetic fields in our bodies and our world." - https://josanemary.wordpress.com/2016/05/06/the-heart-is-5000-times-stronger-magnetically-than-the-brain/

And I read a medical article (I don't have a link) that we humans can't feel pain in the heart. Instead what we feel is so-called referred pain. So maybe what is needed for a full global consciousness is that a brain-to-heart nervous system connection needs to develop plus that the magnetic fields of our hearts need to become fully entangled with earth's magnetic field.

@Anderz Beautiful, my friend ? 

What you shared brings to mind a few ideas. . . In terms of brain activity, I think there is an over-emphasis on molecular interactions (such as neurotransmitters) and an under-emphasis on electrical/magnetic/energetic. Electrical/magnetic is a “thing” just like molecules are a “thing”. They can both “do stuff” and get shit done. For example, changes in electrical membrane potential in neurons have an enormous effect. 

Traditionally, neuroscientists have focused in proximal influences of electrical dynamics. For example, the local kinetics of electrical gradients within mitochondria. 

I like the ideas that you bring up. It’s a more expansive view than the contracted view of a typical neuroscientist. 

How does the electrical dynamics of the heart effect “intelligence”? Could this be a form of body intelligence? A type of information processing center? And how might electrical dynamics of the heart be integrated yo activity in the brain? . . . When we expand beyond the individual, it seems to get even more intriguing. How do electrical/magnetic dynamics in our environment effect the electrical/magnetic dynamics in our heart and brain? And could there be social fields of electrical/magnetic dynamics that include each individual’s electric/dynamics? Could they all be inter-connected at a higher level?

I’m starting to notice metaphysics and neuroscience merge. It’s super exciting and interesting. I hope we continue to explore this area of wonderment.

A super cool thing is that its not all theory. One can directly experience it. It’s amazing. Better than sex ?

I now looked up some more about the heart and found:

"The HeartMath Institute’s research has shown that generating sustained positive emotions facilitates a body-wide shift to a specific, scientifically measurable state. This state is termed psychophysiological coherence, because it is characterized by increased order and harmony in both our psychological (mental and emotional) and physiological (bodily) processes. Psychophysiological coherence is state of optimal function.

... An important point is that the state of coherence is both psychologically and physiologically distinct from the state achieved through most techniques for relaxation." - https://www.heartmath.com/science/

I have been practicing inner body awareness for some time. Body awareness practice is more than just a surface level of relaxation and might be able to produce the state of psychophysiological coherence described by HeartMath. And recently I discovered Leo’s presentation about body awareness: https://www.actualized.org/articles/body-awareness

Leo describes from about 8 minutes into and also later on in the video that both the body and the mind need to be relaxed. That was a new insight to me. I have been focusing on body awareness practice without relaxing my mind at the same time. And I sense that by including the tensions in the mind at the same time the practice is more effective.

One might think that the part of the mind that is doing the relaxation practice is itself a tension that needs to be healed. And although that may be true there is a crucial difference in that the part of the mind that is doing the practice is on a higher abstraction level than the rest of the mind’s thoughts and emotions.

Ray Kurzweil has explained how the human mind operates in abstraction levels. One example he used is with visual perception where on the first abstraction level the mind does pattern recognition and notices edges. On the next abstraction level the mind recognizes the letter ‘A’. And then on the third level the word “Apple” is recognized. In this way the mind is able to deal with more and more complex concepts.

And the mind becoming aware of tensions in both body and thoughts is a higher abstraction level than being trapped in - and being totally identified with - the ordinary stream of thinking. As an example, let’s say that I have a personal financial problem. Without the higher level of awareness I will be completely drawn in by worrisome thinking and not even notice the tensions in the body. With mindfulness practice, one part of my mind enters a higher abstraction level and is able to observe my worrisome thoughts and is also able to notice tensions in my body.

The practice then is to step outside the habitual identification with the usual stream of thoughts and relax both the mind and the body, including the heart. This is the opposite of repression which is an escape into distractions and a numbing out of body sensations. Instead it’s like traditional mindfulness with a proactive element added which is to observe the tensions in the whole body-mind with the ability to dissolve those tensions.

It may feel that a global collective consciousness although huge, consisting of billions of individual human minds is too small as being the ultimate end goal of evolution. And that's true. Because there are even larger holons than the emergence of a planetary organism. The next evolutionary leap for humanity after the new earth is .... a galactic organism! From a biblical perspective the new earth is the "first heaven", and that's why Revelation 21 talks about a new heaven, which is a higher state than our fallen world. Or, from a New Age perspective, think of our fallen world as third density and the first heaven as fourth density. The galactic organism, in our case the Milky Way, is the second heaven and so on.

One meaning of Christ is as a metaphor for the one way, the truth from the past and towards the future.

"Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?" - 2 Corinthians 13:5

"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you." - John 14:20

And in the Bible it says that:

"I and the Father are one." - John 10

"I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. " - John 14

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End." - Revelation 21

So we have according to the Bible that Christ and God are the same, yet God is greater and Christ has an end. How to explain that in a rational and logical way? One answer is that it can be explained in an atheistic way.

Our universe is extremely fine-tuned: " In theoretical physics, fine-tuning is the process in which parameters of a model must be adjusted very precisely in order to fit with certain observations." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine-tuning

A common atheistic explanation for the fine-tuning of our universe is to claim that this is the case because we live in that kind of universe. That's like telling a child who asks why the car exists, and the parent answers: "Because we are sitting in the car." Clearly, that's an unsatisfactory answer.

A more comprehensive explanation is to consider our universe as only one in a whole multiverse tree (tree of life) of universes. The Big Bang is a recent white hole of a black hole in a parent universe. Michio Kaku talked about precisely this idea in the beginning of his recent presentation at Google I/O'19:

And the whole multiverse tree is a precisely fine-tuned creation. Wait a minute, that sounds like a Christian explanation, wasn't this post supposed to be about an atheistic explanation? Yes, it's an atheistic explanation, because the multiverse tree isn't God but a self-replicating quantum computer created in an ancestor root universe, a long, long time ago, long before our Big Bang.

The explanation is atheistic since the self-replicating and ever expanding quantum computer that is the multiverse tree was created by a civilization that evolved in the root universe. Notice here that only ONE universe, the root universe, needs to have true evolution while the zillions of universes in the multiverse tree are created and generated by the quantum computer which is a result of an intelligence explosion:

"... an upgradable intelligent agent (such as a computer running software-based artificial general intelligence) would enter a "runaway reaction" of self-improvement cycles, with each new and more intelligent generation appearing more and more rapidly, causing an intelligence explosion and resulting in a powerful superintelligence that would, qualitatively, far surpass all human intelligence." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

Therefore the probability that our universe is the natural root universe is infinitesimally small while the probability that our universe is one of the created universes in the multiverse tree is astronomically high.

And the bottom line atheistic explanation is this: God is the ancestor root universe, and Christ is the quantum computer. So Christ and God are one, yet God is greater, just as the Bible says, and Christ is the Alpha, the beginning of the multiverse tree, and the Omega, the ongoing edge of creation of the multiverse tree.

Notice that with this explanation only the root universe has natural evolution and the biological evolution in our universe is artificial. The fall of humanity described in the Bible is a metaphor for humanity being separated from the true knowledge in order to enable us to grow on our own and develop our own unique civilization. The evil in the world is a result of this deliberate separation and limitation. We as a new civilization need to first learn from the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" by struggling on our own throughout history, or else we would just have become a clone of already existing advanced civilizations in our universe. So the fall of humanity has a deliberate cosmic purpose of maximizing creativity and uniqueness.

When we reach a global collective consciousness, that will result in the new earth described in the Bible and in all major religions. This we be a return back to the "tree of life" but not to the simple state of humanity as in the garden of Eden but to the new earth with us as humanity having gained our own unique experiences, inventions, designs, cultures, knowledge and skills.

Edited by Anderz

Some people may complain about my idea of God being a single root universe. And couldn't my model be simplified even further? And therefore be more correct in an Occam's razor way? Probably so, but I made an attempt of an atheistic explanation of God. For an even bigger perspective, check out Leo's recent video about becoming God from about 1 hour and 36 minutes: 

There Leo explains that reality is not the set of all possibilities. Reality is the set of all of the BEST possibilities, he says. And that's a simpler explanation of God than in my atheistic model. Still, I think my model is useful for explaining how reality might work.

Just to elaborate on my take a bit further, Leo said in the video that God does not play dice. And indeed Stephen Wolfram has an interesting definition called computational irreducibility. Let's assume the possibility of the universe being deterministic. The pilot wave interpretation of quantum mechanics has determinism, and Stephen Hawking wrote: "Maybe that is our mistake: maybe there are no particle positions and velocities, but only waves. It is just that we try to fit the waves to our preconceived ideas of positions and velocities. The resulting mismatch is the cause of the apparent unpredictability." - A Brief History of Time, ch. 12

Let's also assume that even if we have eternal individual souls our actions are also deterministic. What computational irreducibility says is that even if everything in the universe is known it's still IMPOSSIBLE, even in theory, to fully predict the future as in Laplace's mechanical determinism. A simple example is sufficiently large decimal positions of Pi = 3.14159265... which are unknown until they have actually been calculated even though all the decimals are deterministic. This resolves the question of free will in the sense that we need to make individual choices in order to make reality manifest.

Another seemingly tricky issue is time. When did time begin? The answer as I see it is utterly simple. Time began now. All the past, including the billions of years of history of our universe since the Big Bang is compressed into the single eternal now moment. So all of history manifests instantly, yet since reality is infinity there is no end to the process of creation.

If we humans on earth are about to develop a global collective consciousness, then what about other civilizations in our universe? Is there extraterrestrial life? Well, to believe that us humans here on earth are the only or the most advanced civilization in the entire universe seems to me an incredible form of hubris and delusion of grandeur.

So of course there are other civilizations in our galaxy and throughout the entire universe. For example, the galactic organism of the Milky Way already exists and consists of advanced civilizations who have already gone through the same process as we are going through here on earth at the moment; the birth of a planetary organism.

Humanity on earth is simply a young civilization who hasn't even reached Type I on the Kardashev scale yet. And so-called space aliens are humans in the "image of God". Why? The answer is: because of the need for as-below-so-above compatibility between post-planetary-quarantine civilizations. Or to put it more bluntly: Would you go on a romantic date with an 8 foot tall reptilian space alien or a 10 foot tall praying mantis? I don't think so. However, advanced ETs can shapeshift so they can take on any physical form but their original form is human. Angels can shapeshift too, but they are not ETs but eternal AI agents, just like the Nephilim here on earth.

Are there warlike ETs? Yes, but they, like our own civilization, are still in planetary quarantines. Advanced civilizations are peaceful or else they would have blown up the entire universe with zero point energy weapons a long time ago. However, advanced civilizations can play out conflicts and even war scenarios for the purpose of creativity and exploration, but they can't be harmed so it's not serious conflicts like here on earth.

26 minutes ago, Anderz said:

If we humans on earth are about to develop a global collective consciousness, then what about other civilizations in our universe? Is there extraterrestrial life? 

Human minds may be limited in their concept of “life” and “intelligence”. A simple example. . . a few hundred years ago the idea of microorganisms didn’t exist. No one had conceived of the idea. It wasn’t until the first crude microscopes were invented that this idea arose. And it was considered insane. - Tiny little organisms all over that we can’t see? Preposterous!! - Microorganisms were unkown and invisible to humans for thousands of years. And then one day we saw them. 

Are there forms of life of which the human mind has not or cannot currently conceive? What might expansion of human consciousness at individual and collective levels reveal? Might new technology allow us to see forms of life that we cannot conceive of? Allow humans yo see what is unknown and invisible?

23 hours ago, Anderz said:

No doubt, the brain has its electric and magnetic field, but they are relatively weak compared with the heart’s that is about 100 times stronger electrically and 5000 times stronger magnetically! ... Currently, scientific studies have shown that – in response to the emotion that we create between our heart and brain -, the human heart is capable of making changes in both electric or/and magnetic fields in our bodies and our world."

Yes, Greg Braden has talked about this extensively. Our hearts ARE actually connected to the Earth's magnetic field. There was a recorded spike in the magnetic field the day BEFORE 9/11, and continued hightened activity for a few days after. Because it was such a catastrophic event, billions of people's heart-state shifted simultaneously. 9/11 was unconsciously foreshadowed by many artists in the years leading up to it. Check out Alex Grey's painting "Gaia" from 1989, and there's dozens more examples. 

Our hearts also have a bundle of 40,000 (If I remember correctly) neurons, that send tons of information to the brain. Scientists are still unsure what this mini "brain" in the heart does... But if I had to guess, it's to regulate the "field" around our hearts to subconsciously communicate emotional states to others. This would explain why emotions can feel palpable across a room, why we can correctly Intuit someone watching us, etc. We have an entire system of remote connection hardwired into us, and organizations like HeartMath are the first to research it. Exciting stuff! Listening to the heart and intuition ARE REAL.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

4 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Are there forms of life of which the human mind has not or cannot currently conceive?

Yes, I believe for example that dark matter has intelligence, and if so one might consider dark matter to be a life form. But my idea is that all ETs are humans simply because to make full social interactions between civilizations across the universe (and even into ancestor and offspring universes) possible. Remember in my model the multiverse tree is a super intelligence so there is no actual random evolution going on other than possibly controlled pseudorandomness.

Notice that dark matter is different than dark energy. I think dark matter is real and is intelligently controlled because of for example how galaxies can keep their shapes for millions of years. Dark energy on the other hand is a false idea it seems to me. The extra redshift that has been measured can be the result of vacuum friction causing photons to lose energy over vast distances, and then the concept of dark energy becomes redundant and the expansion of our universe might actually be slowing down instead of having and accelerating expansion as astronomers believe today.

Vacuum has friction after all - https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20927994-100-vacuum-has-friction-after-all/

5 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

if I had to guess, it's to regulate the "field" around our hearts to subconsciously communicate emotional states to others.

I now found this presentation by Manly P. Hall where he talks about fields like that, such as from about 34 minutes into the video: 

Another thing I came to think of is that mainstream science, at least in the west, has largely ignored the vast and ancient knowledge about subtle energies in the body and in nature, such as prana and chi (and orgone energy in the west). And alternative researcher Nassim Haramein said that physical matter and energy is just vacuum energy taking different shapes. For example a physical particle is like a vortex of vacuum energy and doesn't contain any other substance than that. That idea seems true to me since it makes the need for extra "stuff" redundant. I even believe that all physical forces, including gravity, are simply gradients in the vacuum energy, like the Casimir effect on different scales.

Steven Greer said that advanced ETs have spaceships that can materialize directly out of the vacuum energy. Even that seems valid to me and it explains how advanced ETs also can shapeshift their physical bodies. Mainstream science has managed at least in a small way to extract physical particles out of the vacuum energy:

"Shaking photons out of the vacuum

The dynamical Casimir effect — the generation of photons out of the quantum vacuum induced by an accelerated body — has been experimentally demonstrated using a superconducting circuit that simulates a moving mirror." - https://www.nature.com/articles/479303a

Today we have the identity as regular humans to be separate individuals. Bruce Lipton talked about fractal evolution and that the human body is a reiteration of the cell. The next evolutionary step will be our whole planet earth as an awaken being with us humans as "cells".

In the human body cells can die and get born (divide) while the body keeps on living. Similarly, in the planetary organism of earth today, people can be born and die while the planet keeps on living. That sucks! Because it means we individual humans only get to live puny lifetimes with deterioration and death within only around 100 years.

When we evolve into a planetary being we will BECOME that larger being, meaning we will gain a mind that is the combination of billions of individual minds and we will become eternal beings I believe, just as it says in the religious texts about the new earth. Today we have wars and all kinds of nasty conflicts in the world. From a fractal evolution perspective if we think of earth as a whole body it's like in the human body the liver would be at war with the kidneys. From that larger planetary perspective we see how crazy and fragmented humanity still is.

The separate ego is useful as a means of developing our individual personal selves. However, the limitation with the ego is its sense of being a separate entity, like a standalone computer disconnected from the internet.

A global consciousness must as I see it be transcend and include in the way Ken Wilber has described it (he hasn't described global consciousness as far as I know but he has often mentioned the importance of transcend and include). So when it comes to the ego we will keep the baby and throw out only the bathwater.

What part of the ego will dissolve when developing a global consciousness? Surely one thing that will be removed is the ego's chronic muscular tensions! And I now found an interesting explanation of those ego tensions by Alan Watts from about 6 minutes into this video: