Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anderz

Global Collective Consciousness

83 posts in this topic

When someone is high on drugs he or she can experience amazing synchronicities even in the most ordinary events. Is there any truth in those kinds of experiences? Yes, could be, because think of the butterfly effect which says that tiny changes in initial conditions can cause huge changes later on. For example, a butterfly flapping its wing in Texas can cause a tornado in Mexico City.

What drugs like that do, then, is to remove the usual isolation from the deeper synchronicities we have as separate egos. We would go nuts without the protective shield that hides the deeper synchronicities from our minds.

A global collective consciousness on the other hand can better deal with the deeper layers of reality since it is billions of times more powerful than our separate ego minds. So instead of having very limited, and often even crazy, experiences like when using drugs, with global consciousness we access and interact with the deeper reality in much more comprehensive and meaningful ways.

Taking drugs may be useful for getting glimpses of the deeper reality but when we are still in our separate egos those experiences are very limited at best. What needs to happen is to develop our minds and hearts so that we access the deeper reality with global collective awareness. And since we cannot do that from our separate egos, not even with 10 grams of shrooms, we need to ABANDON our own personal will and let the global mind act through us, like letting a driver-less car do the driving for us.

Then after a while we can take control over our lives again, and be able to operate within the deeper reality, just like how the training wheels can be removed after a while when a child is learning how to ride a bike.

Practicing abandoning the ego self is a pretty interesting experience I found. It's not like in the nondual advaita teachings where there is no self. Instead it's like using a self-driving car and letting the AI do the driving while at the same time observing and being able to take over the control of the driving at any time.

So far when I do the practice I behave essentially the same as usual. That's a very lame form of global consciousness or not even any global connection at all. But it's a start. And it can be really challenging just to let go of personal control in many situations. For example, what if my autopilot suddenly blurts out something nasty to someone, out of my control? So it's recommended to start with small tasks and then after some practice do more challenging tasks.

My idea is that if my hypothesis is correct, then the autopilot control will start doing and achieving things I'm incapable of with my ego mind.

Why the need for all the suffering in our world and in our lives? The answer is that we need to go through a struggle of seeming separation with good and evil in order to become a unique civilization with us as evolved individuals. We are a young civilization, actually not born yet. When we reach the new earth there will be no need for suffering.

Many people mistakenly believe that good and evil must always exist, but that's only true for primitive levels of development. It's like saying that in order to eat fresh fruit we must sometimes eat rotten fruit. Not so.

Evil is just a temporary stage of development.

Many so-called rational people completely underestimate the Bible.

"To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations—that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’—just as I have received authority from my Father." - Revelation 2:26-27

"The one" who will be victorious is not a single person, like a dictator, but the global collective consciousness.

"You will break them with a rod of iron;  you will dash them to pieces like pottery. Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth." - Psalm 2:9-10

"Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” ... There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." - Revelation 21

"The infant will play near the cobra’s den, and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea." - Isaiah 11:8-9

At the same time there are Christians who misinterpret the Bible. The Rapture is not about being taken to heaven.

"Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality." - 1 Corinthians 15:52-53

"After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever." - 1 Thessalonians 4:17

If the Rapture was about being taken to heaven, then that would be basically the same as death. And people will be resurrected on earth, since the dead are already in heaven.

"Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven." - Matthew 22:29-30

The Rapture is about a transformation here on earth and "meeting the Lord in the clouds" is about our ability to levitate with our glorified bodies here on earth, not in heaven.

To the "rational" person this might seem like fairy tales, but consider the possibility that our reality is deliberately limited. Arthur C. Clarke's 3 "laws":

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
  2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
  3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Hey! I came to think that the Bible is probably written by the breakaway civilization. And the Bible is deliberately cryptic to prevent revealing the truth prematurely. Hmm... If my hypothesis is correct maybe I'm revealing too much! I think I will slow down a bit. Plus, my idea could be wrong and therefore misleading.

looks more like a journal to me :D

unborn Truth

28 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

looks more like a journal to me :D

Yes! And I was thinking of now shifting focus from theory to practical solutions. Maybe that's more suitable for a journal thread, but on the other hand it's useful to have both theory and practice in the same thread.

The autopilot method I mentioned earlier seems promising to me, and could potentially be useful for others. It's basically mindfulness practice but with the ability to take over the autopilot at any moment. So it's judgmental mindfulness practice one might say.

Maybe just a little bit more theory to explain the autopilot practice. If I let the autopilot inside me take control over my actions and with my ego mind being only an observer, isn't that duality? And the autopilot, isn't that just the same as my ego mind, only that I now have split myself even further?

The answer is that, yes it's a duality. However, the global collective consciousness is also duality! The global mind is a planetary self, in our case planet earth. The next evolutionary level as I mentioned earlier is a galactic consciousness, which too is a separate mind although enormous.

So the idea with the autopilot practice is to move from separate ego self to a planetary self. In some ways that's less than achieving oneness, nonduality or enlightenment. On the practical level I think of it as achieving super powers, in a very tiny way at first, but then more and more abilities will emerge.

In this latest video from about 43 minutes Leo said something important related to the autopilot: 

If we run on autopilot without awareness we would just create out of our conditioned ego habits. That's why it's important to be judgmental in the autopilot practice. Otherwise it's just a nonjudgmental observation of the ego conditioning acting out its habits.

And also, and this is what I think Leo was referring to, that when we act without mindfulness, such as going on with our daily lives without awareness, that's also autopilot mode.

With the autopilot practice, a state of alertness and awareness is a necessary part of it. And also great expectation is needed. The goal of the autopilot practice is to transcend and include the separate ego mind, not to remain trapped in it, nor to just nonjudgmentally observe habitual thoughts, emotions and actions.

How can evil be removed by a global collective consciousness? First we can define what evil is. Eckhart Tolle said iirc that evil is a result of unconsciousness. By unconsciousness he means lack of presence, lack of conscious awareness. In this video from about 19 minutes Leo says the same thing basically, that evil is ignorance: 

Evil, one can say, is the inability of participating in a harmonious whole. Like cancer cells inside the body. The global collective consciousness is a harmonious whole, so evil will automatically be removed.

If evil is defined as the inability of participating in a harmonious whole, then how can I fix that with my separate ego? I can't! Because I have no effin' clue how to participate in harmony with all of humanity. It's way too complicated and with vast numbers of butterfly effect interrelated relationships between all actors in the world. For me trying to be good with my separate ego doesn't cut it. What I BELIEVE is good for all can be, and probably often is, a total disaster in reality, both for myself and others.

What I can do instead is to use the autopilot practice because then my separate ego is just an observer. Not a passive nonjudgmental observer but a proactive and monitoring observer examining what my autopilot self is doing and looking for significant improvements in how I deal with things in everyday life.

The separate ego is built on fear. As it is today when we are identified with the separate ego we are afraid of everybody and everything, even afraid of our own actions. Fear is a necessary survival mechanism BUT fear is only needed as a primitive alternative to knowledge and capacity to deal with situations safely. When we know how to deal with a situation safely the need for fear is removed.

Imagine having ZERO fear. Some people put on a tough facade and claim that they have no fear. And in some way that may be true on their surface conscious level, but on the subconscious level the fear remains, stronger than ever. And the person with the tough facade who claims to be fearless is in reality stern, rigid, protective, isolated and prone to anger: he or she is full of fear!

True freedom from fear means that we are as one with everybody on earth. Removing fear from the separate ego doesn't work and would just cause havoc. People would do crazy things and even evil deeds without fear as long as they remain on the separate ego level. What is needed is a giant leap into a planetary consciousness where we achieve the capacity to remove fear while at the same time being able to function constructively together.

To fully predict the future is impossible as Stephen Wolfram has shown with his definition of computational irreducibility. However, reality can still be deterministic. In fact, reality in the bigger picture can be changeless! And change is just a secondary effect of the changeless information being experienced in the single now moment and with infinite information, the change will go on forever yet still the whole of reality is changeless.

In a changeless reality the new earth already exists and is inevitable. Nobody is doing anything, not even some God, being or process. Nobody can change anything. We do have free will yet our choices and actions are a part of the changeless reality, so it's the appearance of free will one might say rather than actual free will.

And this is nonduality. In true nonduality nobody can do anything, not even existence itself, because that would be duality: a doer doing something to something else. Or reality changing itself, which also is impossible because that would mean "what is" turning into "what is not", again duality.

And with the hypothesis that nonduality is true and that the new earth is inevitable, we can make a prediction about when the new earth will emerge. Even though full prediction of the future is impossible, SOME things can be predicted, such as: tomorrow the sun will rise again.

I predict that we will have a new earth within decades from today. Because look at for example mainstream media and politics. Have you even seen anything more ridiculous and cartoonish than the phony conflict between "angry" Democrats and "arrogant" Trump? It's just a staged food fight basically. It's like in the movie A Beautiful Mind where (spoiler alert) the agents seemed very real in the beginning of the movie and then near the end of the movie the agents became more and more cartoonish and ridiculous. The same with the world today where we now see that basically everything is phony and staged as f.

I have forgotten to explain the difference between a global system, such as a world government and international cooperation even at system thinking turquoise Spiral Dynamics level, and a global collective consciousness.

The main difference is that no matter how evolved and developed such global system becomes, it's still making us humans dependent on an external structure. The global collective consciousness on the other hand is a subjective personal power within each person.

What will happen is actually both! Because the external system, such as the internet and international politics, is a result of our unique human history, and has enormous value from a cosmic perspective, not because other civilizations in the universe haven't invented things like the iPhone and Coca-Cola, but because our inventions, technology, cultures, art and so on are unique.

Also, the external system will soon provide amazing automation such as AI and robotics, freeing us from having to do tedious work. And some benevolent space aliens cannot just land on the White House lawn and give us Star Trek tech, because that would be a violation of a real "Prime Directive" and would be detrimental for our own growth and development as a civilization.

Many alternative experts have talked about that the universe has immense intelligence and is not just some dumb mechanical machine. And therefore what needs to happen is that this vaster intelligence of the universe brings planet earth to its next evolutionary level, and that evolution has its origin in our personal consciousness.

J. Krishnamurti used to say: "thinking together". Maybe he was onto something or even knew about a collective consciousness.

Just a note on cultures: Much of our cultures is today a cause of conflict. What will happen is that the good things (the baby) in the cultures will be preserved while bathwater will been thrown away.

Edited by Anderz

From a personal perspective I can clearly see that my own separate ego mind is painfully limited and isolated. Full of fear and uncertainty. So I want to have global collective consciousness activated in myself as soon as possible. And one great thing with that is that there is ZERO envy and zero fear about others achieving that before me. And not only that; it REQUIRES that others enter global consciousness too or it won't happen. Instead of being selfish as in the separate ego consciousness one can be Selfish, meaning the Self is everybody as a collective whole.

But isn't personal spiritual enlightenment enough to become free of fear and isolation? Maybe enlightenment can remove the fear but there will still be an isolation on a personal level without an actual global collective consciousness.

EDIT: OR, another interesting possibility I just came to think of, is that personal spiritual enlightenment is precisely that which will be necessary, or at least one of the paths, as a foundation for the emergence of a global collective consciousness. 

Edited by Anderz

In addition to Peter Russell and Bruce Lipton having talked about a global consciousness, Eckhart Tolle has written a whole book called A New Earth, and he said that the title is inspired by the new earth in the Bible (see the first post in this thread about all major religions having that concept). And recently I found that Dolores Cannon has talked about a new earth. And maybe we shouldn't be fooled by the New Age framing of teachings like that. Because all those experts may know more than what they are telling us the public and that we need to be spoon fed with information to be able to digest it, often with metaphors, plus timing is also important. People must be ready to receive the information.

Spiritual enlightenment has been rare in the past. Evolution is an accelerating process, meaning the development progresses faster and faster throughout history. We can see this in how humanity was hunter-gatherers for 200,000 years, and developed agriculture some 10,000 years ago, and the industrial revolution began centuries ago and the information age decades ago.

One mistake many people make, even experts, is to think of progress in linear terms, meaning that the rate of change remains the same. The reality however is that the change is accelerating. This has been explained by Ray Kurzweil:

"An analysis of the history of technology shows that technological change is exponential, contrary to the common-sense “intuitive linear” view. So we won’t experience 100 years of progress in the 21st century — it will be more like 20,000 years of progress (at today’s rate)." - https://www.kurzweilai.net/the-law-of-accelerating-returns

And it's not only accelerating progress of technology but of all of life, including spiritual progress. If spiritual enlightenment is an actual development, we will see more and more people becoming enlightened, and at an accelerating rate. Enlightenment is a dissolving of the separate ego. Think of the separate ego as an egg within which the individual personality grows and develops. It comes a time when the separate personality has grown enough and the ego shell can be removed by life.

Several teachers have described how the separate ego causes tensions in the body. Ken Wilber for example described how the ego can be felt as a tension behind the eyes. Eckhart Tolle has a useful concept called the pain body. And Alan Watts described the ego as tensions throughout the whole body.

In my experience the ego tensions cause a numbing out of the physical body. And pain and emotional suffering arise as nature's attempt to prevent too much numbing out of the body caused by the ego tensions. So the pain and suffering are useful warning signals and this can be used for a spiritual practice of conscious suffering.

It's clear that, even if the claims about a new earth are false (I believe they are true), nature is indicating that change is needed and produces pain and suffering as a signal for that. The totally separate ego has to be removed! We have, collectively as humanity, been there, done that and got the "I am separate" T-shirt.

And we can actually use the ego mind (similar to Ramana Maharshi's splinter to remove a splinter) to remove the ego tensions in the body and mind by repeated practice of putting conscious attention into the body and notice numbness, tensions, pain, emotional and mental suffering. The conscious suffering will gradually reverse the numbing out of the body so that the tensions, pain and suffering dissolve over time.

I got inspired by Leo's latest video about survival. How to deal with personal survival as an individual in global collective consciousness? The answer is: drop all personal survival needs! Why? Because a global collective consciousness means that the individual is automatically included in the survival of humanity as a whole. So the survival is then already taken care of.

This might be slightly different than what Bruce Lipton means by humanity becoming a whole single organism. Because compare with the human body, where individual cells can, and do, die by the millions each second. That's similar to, but not exactly the same as what I mean by a global collective consciousness, where we as individuals will become the whole planetary organism, and not just be parts within it, like cells in the human body.

9 minutes ago, Anderz said:

The answer is: drop all personal survival needs!

Not even ants do it all the way.

3 hours ago, Norbert Lennartz said:

Not even ants do it all the way.

That's because the earth is not a whole organism yet. An anthill is a separate holon like how a human is a separate holon. That's similar, fractally speaking, to how cells are separate holons within the larger holon of the human body.

On the new earth anthills will probably still be separate holons, while we humans will be the same holon as the whole planet.