Alex bAlex

Can you live your entire life without a partner?

26 posts in this topic

On 14/05/2019 at 1:40 PM, ajasatya said:

i was sure that i was going to become a zen monk and live in celibacy for the rest of my life until i met my wife

Kinda how I am feeling at the moment. I know that you can find what you're looking for, but at the moment I am not looking to settle. However, your comment made me think again and this week something shift in my paradigm, in the way that I start to accept more ideas that are not in line with my point of view. Thanks, and good luck with your life vision. 

On 14/05/2019 at 2:51 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

An intimate relationship will make you happier if you're already happy all by yourself

Well, that means I do not need "the other half" then, because, I am ONE! But I get your point. It's like when you stand up and raise your hand the highest you can, and then you get all you have and rise it a bit higher! Enlightenment sex sounds wonder-in this case both partners have to have some degree of awakening-

On 15/05/2019 at 3:19 PM, Immortal peace said:

It's just there is a psychological need due to the pressure put on by the society.

IT'S  FUCKING COMPLACENCY!!! Sort out your basic needs like food, shelter, income, then go and do some pick-up and you'll get a bulge back pretty quick :)

On 15/05/2019 at 10:41 PM, SFRL said:

So it has pros and cons

It's a zero-sum game! Thank you for elaboration- nice pictured! 

8 hours ago, kindayellow said:

it sounds like you believe that to be a full/completed person, you need a partner

Not at all, but when I am looking around and I see lone people passed 40-50 and they are looking in vain, I am wonder if that is what you need in life or that they failed to see the big picture. SURE I AM AWARE OF HOW LUCKY I AM DO DISCOVER ALL THIS INFORMATION (wasn't so easy 30-40 years ago) AND TO CHANGE MY LIFE WHEN I AM NOT EVEN 30. 

8 hours ago, kindayellow said:

both my parents are independent but just simply enjoy eachothers company's and that's why they've been together for so long.

That's what David Deida says in The Way of Superior Man

***So, in the end, all boils down to frustration, blame and guilt. That is why we have to take 100% for our lives and work towards fulfilment with or without a partner.  

The biggest trap that I see it here on this forum, and in which I felt as well, is that I jumped stages. It's easier to smoke dope, have some mushroom. get a mystical experience and then say " ah nothing else matters" than to work towards a dreamlife career and financial freedom. I tell you what guys- everything fucking matters. I tried to live on love and guess what- love passes through the stomach!  Financial independence first and everything else will follow.  Remember that Leo was financially independent when he start actualized dot org :)-but I and many others here want to become straight enlighten so that all our problems will become easier to deal with- ha - ha -ha - *jocker scene* 

Edited by Alex bAlex

This may give you some stuff to consider:

Sure. But our roots to want to get a mate to procreate and seek love runs deep. It will take a shit ton of work to rewire things and it only gets harder the deeper the drive is. Impossible, no. 

@LastThursday nice list!

I'm 37 and single, and I also wonder whether or not I should eventually find a partner. Your list made me feel like I'm ok... for now ;)

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Stevo nice! It was helpful to embrace the idea for a few minutes. I think it's true, there's so much to life! Not being in a relationship is fine.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions