Lister

Need some help with this one please

160 posts in this topic

There is only awareness aware of a world, a character called lister and other characters which are one and the same movie projected on a screen. The character lister cannot escape the movie because he is the movie. 

Awareness was always just silently watching the whole time, but didn't know it was watching as a completely impartial observer. The only quality awareness has is "aware". But it became involved in the movie, got lost in the movie.  

This is what worries me to no end. The others in the movie are not actually real or having their own experience just like me, yet people say that we are all one or all interconnected. How can that be if there is nobody or anything else to be interconnected with?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

7 minutes ago, Shaun said:

This is what worries me to no end. The others in the movie are not actually real or having their own experience just like me, yet people say that we are all one or all interconnected. How can that be if there is nobody or anything else to be interconnected with?

What I'm saying is that Lister and the other characters are all seperate minds, they are all seperate characters with their own subjective experiences, but they don't know that they are a dream that is just happening by itself. Lister and the other subjects are phenomena, they really have no control over manifestation. Awareness is the same awareness in them too. 

1 minute ago, Lister said:

What I'm saying is that Lister and the other characters are all seperate minds, they are all seperate characters with their own subjective experiences, but they don't know that they are a dream that is just happening by itself. Lister and the other subjects are phenomena, they really have no control over manifestation. Awareness is the same awareness in them too. 

That's what I've always thought but Leo and many others would disagree with you on that based on their experiences.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

2 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Meditate. Do the practises. 

Thanks. I already do. This came from my own understanding. 

8 minutes ago, Shaun said:

That's what I've always thought but Leo and many others would disagree with you on that based on their experiences.

I've only just become aware of awareness, the distinction between choicless awareness and phenomena was not apparent until now. Then I just observed thought as a whole entity in and of itself. That's when the dream became obvious (non conceptually). 

Edited by Lister

10 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Ok. To be brutally honest I cannot be sure that they exist and awareness is looking out through their subjective experience. But I can't be sure that my subjective experience is the only one that's appearing either. So a hunch tells me that there is a great possibility that Shaun can awaken to awareness also. 

1 minute ago, Lister said:

Ok. To be brutally honest I cannot be sure that they exist and awareness is looking out through their subjective experience. But I can't be sure that my subjective experience is the only one that's appearing either. So a hunch tells me that there is a great possibility that Shaun can awaken to awareness also. 

I have to a certain extent. Most of the fear that Leo's videos have caused me has brought me even deeper into presence. I don't think or do anywhere near as much as I used to, I am selling most of my stuff because I don't need it any more and I have lost all motivation to do anything in life but go to work, do spiritual practice and read books. It is just awareness of fear mostly, that's my life now.

5 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I have to a certain extent. Most of the fear that Leo's videos have caused me has brought me even deeper into presence. I don't think or do anywhere near as much as I used to, I am selling most of my stuff because I don't need it any more and I have lost all motivation to do anything in life but go to work, do spiritual practice and read books. It is just awareness of fear mostly, that's my life now.

Thank you for sharing your story. I have no motivation to work or even eat. I took the day off because depression hit me really hard and I just wanted to lie here in bed. And have done so most of the day, just observing. It got extremely painful towards the moment of realizing, then I was suddenly in peace. However the depression has returned. 

Just now, Lister said:

Thank you for sharing your story. I have no motivation to work or even eat. I took the day off because depression hit me really hard and I just wanted to lie here in bed. And have done so most of the day, just observing. It got extremely painful towards the moment of realizing, then I was suddenly in peace. However the depression has returned. 

What caused your depression? I have been not right for the past 4 months. It's not sadness, it is severe fear when I wake up in the morning and a total lack of interest in life during the day.

2 minutes ago, Shaun said:

What caused your depression? I have been not right for the past 4 months. It's not sadness, it is severe fear when I wake up in the morning and a total lack of interest in life during the day.

Now I see my depression is caused by believing that I have control over life. Believing I have control causes me anxiety and anger when my efforts don't go as planned. I've been trying so hard to manipulate it all too believing that Lister can become happier or more at peace. But I see that the only peace is becoming aware of the fact that awareness is seperate from phenomena. That was a relief. 

3 minutes ago, Shaun said:

So something is missing right. Truth is showing you something is wrong doesn't it. Find out what it is don't get stuck. 

@Lister Look at content in the movie with the realisation you don't know what you're looking at. You really don't know and you never will, that should allow you to see what is right there infront of you in direct experience. Also don't think there is distance between you and objects ;)

4 minutes ago, Anton_Pierre said:

@Lister Look at content in the movie with the realisation you don't know what you're looking at. You really don't know and you never will, that should allow you to see what is right there infront of you in direct experience. Also don't think there is distance between you and objects ;)

Yes. Knowing is part of the dream. As is distance. I'm going to sit with this for a while. Thank you 

3 minutes ago, Anton_Pierre said:

That will be the next stage, just now I have clearly recognised awareness, I am nearly always aware of being aware but it still feels as if that awareness is inside my body and is separate from the outside world.

6 minutes ago, Lister said:

. But I see that the only peace is becoming aware of the fact that awareness is seperate from phenomena. That was a relief. 

Is IT? 

@Lister acknowledge what I told you but do the practise don't just sit and think. it's a proccess not a concept.

1 hour ago, Lister said:

There is only awareness aware of a world, a character called lister and other characters which are one and the same movie projected on a screen. The character lister cannot escape the movie because he is the movie. 

Awareness was always just silently watching the whole time, but didn't know it was watching as a completely impartial observer. The only quality awareness has is "aware". But it became involved in the movie, got lost in the movie.  

?

You did all this, limited yourself with unlimited intelligence. Got involved in the movie because you willed it. There is no way escaping it, only realizing that I as God is already the screen, the self character and the movie.