Gadasaa

The ultimate purpose of human life

15 posts in this topic

Do you guys agree that the ultimate purpose of human life, is "Happiness" as Aristotle put it?  But of course, in the unenlightened state.

Aristotle wanted to find the ultimate purpose of human life two thousand years ago, and he reasoned that it must be the final outcome that every person on Earth, strives for. So, he did a thought experiment to find the answer. A baby is born, and he goes to school, why? to get a basic knowledge about life and get a good grades,  but why? to get accepted into one of the top universities, why? To get a quality education and land at a good paying job, but why? Not to worry about money and fully support his family, why? So, that he and his family can be happy, but why does he want to be happy? Because he wants to be happy. See, that the end of the chain. It is wanted for itself, and everything else is wanted for the sake of it. See? So, he reasoned it must be the ultimate purpose for humans. If you think about it carefully, every thing in human society is established for it (happiness) such as law, government, democracy, and capitalism, etc. if you trace everything in society to its root, they were built to establish a friendly environment where one can be happy. 

What is the ultimate purpose of a flower? To blossom.

Or a tree? To blossom.

Or a human being? To blossom.

Or whatever life form? To blossom.

It means to evolve. Evolution and growth is the ultimate purpose of life. Whatever form of life it is, it is always striving to evolve and grow. The purpose of growing and evolving and blossoming is the same. 

What do you think blossoming means for humans, to become famous? To become the richest person on earth? It means to reach peak levels of consciousness. Body can no longer evolve. Body is at it's limits. It's a scientific fact now that naither body nor brain can evolve any further. You can learn to use them better but they can't evolve futher. The only thing that can evolve is human consciousness. That's what you really are. You need to cultivate yourself, your consciousness untill it blossoms into a wonderful flower, aka, enlightenment.

Enlightenment is the peak evolution of human form.

Edited by Salvijus

One who cannot dance cannot live. Because life is dance

@Gadasaa there is no purpose nor any meaning. Those are only relevant questions when you’re coming from the oreientation of survival. 

Happiness is something you be. Not something you find. It’s a capacity you build as you become more and more free from having a preference between happiness and suffering, as paradoxical as that sounds. 

Meaningless isn’t negative either... as that’s a meaning you’re attributing.

Consider, meditate, and contemplate why those questions are even relevant to you. Not that the shouldn’t be, they’re actually great questions. Not relying on heresay from Aristotle, Buddha, Leo, or Sadhguru, or whoever. 

If you look into it you’ll probably realize that those questions come from a desire to maybe feel more whole with yourself. Well, why do you want to feel more whole with yourself? Because you feel empty maybe?... Well how might that feeling of lack and emptiness might just be a tool we human beings use as survival animals to motivate ourselves to stay in tact with our clan and social hierarchy and maintain a sense of approval (whether from ourselves, others, or both)?... 

Could you do without the idea that life has to have some existential purpose (other than life itself) in yet still do what you want to do from an authentic sense of freedom?

Man's ultimate purpose is to be in relationship with God and to worship Him, and Him only.

I am one of many, an expression of the divine nature of Christ

"I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

@Salvijus Well, enlightenment is not the ultimate life purpose for 99% of the people. Majority of ordinary people are working towards improving their lives by working, studying and pursuing a career,  which they believe make them happy in the end. 

@kieranperez yes, I agree with some of things you are saying. But, i'm referring to majority of the population who values good education and high paying job. 

Edited by Gadasaa

24 minutes ago, Gadasaa said:

@kieranperez yes, I agree with some of things you are saying. But, i'm referring to majority of the population who values good education and high paying job. 

No. You’re still not understanding. Don’t agree with me. Actually contemplate what’s being told to you. If you actually got it you’d understand that this is the case for all people. 

Why do they value hog paying jobs? Why do they value “education” (sorry going to give our disgraceful academic system the compliment of saying they’re really genuinely educating people)? It ties into survival and survival for humans means creating this illusion of existential purpose. Purpose exists as an illusion towards survival. Purpose has nothing to do with you being happy. 

The better question is “what is purpose?” And then... “what is the purpose of purpose?”

Don’t just agree with me or regurgitate some answer you’ve heard. Answers are not the truth. If you haven’t become conscious of purpose you don’t know. 

17 hours ago, Gadasaa said:

@Salvijus Well, enlightenment is not the ultimate life purpose for 99% of the people. Majority of ordinary people are working towards improving their lives by working, studying and pursuing a career,  which they believe make them happy in the end. 

99% of the people may not be conscious of it but if you look at it what they want is actually to become better, happier, richer etc. They want to become a little more then what they are right now. It's unconcious desire do grow and to expand.

That's the ultimate life purpose that every single being has on this planet. Everyone wants to grow in whichever they they know best. Some want to grow by making more money, some want to grow by becoming stronger or more powerful, some want to grow or expand by marriage but everyone wants to grow.

So this is it. Growth and evolution is the ultimate purpose of all life on this planet, including insects, birds, animals, trees, etc.

And the highest evolution that human form can achieve is enlightenment. Thus human purpose is to reach it's blossoming, aka, enlightenment. It's our destiny not our choice.

Edited by Salvijus

One who cannot dance cannot live. Because life is dance

Most of the population doesn't even think about the concept of purpose and are enslaved to their jobs for the sake of making money beliving it will make them feel whatever they seek. You decide what your purpose is. Since you may not know it, you seek find it outside of yourself, but that is not where it lies. No one can tell you but you. 

On 4/27/2019 at 11:12 PM, kieranperez said:

No. You’re still not understanding. Don’t agree with me. Actually contemplate what’s being told to you. If you actually got it you’d understand that this is the case for all people. 

Dude, you're sounding just like Leo...

For a person who advocates "authenticity", you sure doesn't sound like you are embodying it. 

Don't pretend you're wiser than you actually are. You might think you're awake or whatever, but to me you're nothing more than an arrogant arm-chair philosopher.

@Gadasaa I agree with Aristotle.

After all, what is the point of having, for example, deep existential insights if one is unhappy? I certainly prefer to be happy and healthy over being "enlightened". 

I think the trap is to only do things that society says will bring us happiness. Not to say we have to be rebellious towards the world and reinvent the wheel.

Instead, I believe we should find a middle path between what we really want internally and what is doable in our society. 

19 minutes ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

Dude, you're sounding just like Leo...

20 minutes ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

but to me you're nothing more than an arrogant arm-chair philosopher. 

Projection.

21 minutes ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

Don't pretend you're wiser than you actually are. You might think you're awake or whatever

I don’t pretend to be wise nor have I ever claimed and have actually claimed in other posts I’m NOT awake AT ALL. 

This is all about you and has nothing to do with me dude lol.

Im ignorant of A LOT of things. 

I’m vulnerable in A LOT of posts about my failures, struggles, utter delusions, emotional and psychological issues and much more. 

All your little fantasies of who you think I am is just your own bullshit.

On 29.4.2019. at 6:43 AM, pluto said:

Know thyself, Be thyself.

Very much this. 

Your regular life is your life purpose. Where else you can be. ❤️

Edited by zeroISinfinity