Pouya

Politics and spirituality (duality video part 1)

35 posts in this topic

Why does a goverment need spirituality?

Tell me which one is better:

A western secular gov

Or Iranian gov right now (fully trying to be islamic but it is full of terrible curroption and filth) people here are becoming more and more orange but the gov is full Blue.

Leo also mentioned "in a right way"

What is the right way?

Edited by Pouya

Does Truly authentic people go for ruling a country?

@Pouya You seem to be comparing religious Blue to secular Orange. In that case, I’d say Orange is an upgrade. 

When you say “spiritual” are you referring to religious fundamentalism?  “spiritual” at stage Green and higher is very different than religious fundamentalism.

@Serotoninluv If green spirituality could be an upgrade compaired to Blue spirituality, what would be the upgrades/differences?

@Pouya If you want to live in a good society the government must be as conscious as possible. Unconscious rulers become tyrants who spread evil and chaos. Case in point: Trump

There is a profound link between spirituality and government.

Of course don't confuse spirituality with organized religion. I am not talking about theocracy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura unfortunately I can't see politics with higher consciuosness.

I consider politics as massive ego games. How can it be really spiritual?

2 hours ago, Pouya said:

@Leo Gura unfortunately I can't see politics with higher consciuosness.

I consider politics as massive ego games. How can it be really spiritual?

EVERYTHING IS SPIRITUAL. It's just a question of how conscious are you about whatever you are doing. How conscious is your job, your business, your family, your relationships, your friendships, your finances, your entertainment, your art, your government, your politics, your science, your speech, your thinking, your emotions, etc.

Spiritual just means: degree of consciousness, from zero to infinity.

Low spirituality = massive ego, massive devilry, maximum suffering

High spirituality = little ego, unconditional love & goodness, minimal suffering

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Pouya If you want to live in a good society the government must be as conscious as possible. Unconscious rulers become tyrants who spread evil and chaos. Case in point: Trump

There is a profound link between spirituality and government.

Of course don't confuse spirituality with organized religion. I am not talking about theocracy.

it's your definition of conscious.

what if trump has been put in place by a very conscious occult circle of conscious banker, that put Trump in place to show everyone how corrupted and shitty it is to be rich & "powerful", and how shitty it is to be like Trump or just being a politician.

It makes people think more, it makes people conscious. If I were a rich banker really conscious who manipulate society for his own good I would push weird agenda to makes people think more and become more conscious with force, killing / destroying a billion to save the world, whatever is needed

maybe Trump is a springboard from red to blue for last idiotics blue american people remaining.
when all the society start being conscious, ruler and politics are washed out.

Edited by Aeris

@Aeris And what if Hitler was actually killing Jews for the good of the world? Should we allow him to keep doing that?

Your mental gymnastics are impressive.

Trump is a devil, plain and simple. There is no higher strategy with him.

Of course in the Absolute sense, Trump is part of the total perfection. But that does not make him some strategic genius here to save mankind. If Trump is allowed free reign, he will cause a lot of harm. Such tyrants need to be stopped. The entire universe will conspire to stop his devilry. Or rather, his devilry will be the cause of his undoing.

41 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Such tyrants need to be stopped. 

Is that really true? Why?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

11 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Is that really true? Why?

You'll understand when a tyrant locks you and your family in a cage.

See, people are all cool with tyranny until they get on the receiving end of it. Then they hate tyranny with a passion.

Most people are so myopic they never expect that their favorite tyrant would ever harm them. Not realizing that it is the modus operandi of tyrants to only care about themselves. Trump does not give a shit about you. He is like a rabid dog, which will bite its master.

@Leo Gura in last video series (1 or 2 idk) you said that if there is a war, that's because it should be happening, isn't that the same as a tyrant being allowed to rule (even if it is temporary)? or were you truly meaning something else more subtle 

3 minutes ago, oMarcos said:

@Leo Gura in last video series (1 or 2 idk) you said that if there is a war, that's because it should be happening, isn't that the same as a tyrant being allowed to rule (even if it is temporary)? or were you truly meaning something else more subtle 

Yes, but what you're overlooking is that if we kick the tyrant out of power, that too SHOULD be happening.

Reality is deciding itself in every moment. There is no fatalism in nonduality. You and we are all determining how we want reality to unfold. Do you want to sit by and let a tyrant run lose, or do you want to contain him? The choice is yours/ours. What kind of world do you want to create?

This issue of will and choice is extremely subtle and sophisticated.

Trump is just fulfilling the role of ego backlash after having Obama in as President. What stage was Obama really? Yellow? Imagine being stage red or blue and having a stage yellow President. You're going to think he's the Devil.  

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

7 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Trump is just fulfilling the role of ego backlash after having Obama in as President. What stage was Obama really? Yellow? Imagine being stage red or blue and having a stage yellow President. You're going to think he's the Devil.  

Yes, that's right. But the question is, what are we gonna do about it? Hitler was also an ego backlash against the German loses in WWI.

Be careful not to fall into a false fatalism here. Because you could easily make a fallacious argument like this: "Well, since Hitler was elected by the people, that must be the will of God, so I guess we should just let Hitler do whatever he wants."

No! No! No! You get to decided every second what kind of reality you want to create. And deciding to let a Hitler run wild without limit would be a lack of responsibility.

It was God's will that people elected Hitler. It was God's will that Hitler kill many Jews. But it was also God's will that Hitler was resisted, stopped, and killed. See? God's will is a very complex thing which waxes and wanes.

@Leo Gura I know, my only concern is that if Trump was impeached before his term was up that we would be in for even WORSE ego backlash. It's hard to know how long it needs to take to play out. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

12 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Leo Gura I know, my only concern is that if Trump was impeached before his term was up that we would be in for even WORSE ego backlash. It's hard to know how long it needs to take to play out. 

That of course is unknown. It could get worse, it could get better. We don't really know.

Impeachment might not be the right move. Voting him out would probably be the best solution. All of this will get resolved in the future.

Worrying too much about backlash is not a good general approach because it's fear-based. Rather than worrying about how a devil will react against your good action, just act in the highest good. Deal with the consequences as they arise.

Devils will always bitch and moan against progress. This does not mean that we appease the devils and stop pushing for progress. Sometimes a battle is necessary. Seeking to maintain peace at all costs is too simplistic a strategy for navigating the complexity of life and politics. A very delicate balancing act is required.

Don't be a doormat for devils. The highest spiritual teachers are NOT doormats. Jesus, Gandhi, MLK, etc were very vocal against devilry.

Just be careful that when standing up against devils you yourself do not become a devil. That is the great trap. It's very hard to avoid.

@Leo Gura Yes that's a good point. It's probably time I got more involved in politics again. Having been raised so conservative, and then going to the far left as an adult made me need to throw the whole idea away for awhile for the sake of my own spiritual growth I guess. 

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You'll understand when a tyrant locks you and your family in a cage.

See, people are all cool with tyranny until they get on the receiving end of it. Then they hate tyranny with a passion.

Most people are so myopic they never expect that their favorite tyrant would ever harm them. Not realizing that it is the modus operandi of tyrants to only care about themselves. Trump does not give a shit about you. He is like a rabid dog, which will bite its master.

But isn’t that just letting your egoic emotional reaction make judgments about what should and shouldn’t happen. Reality is perfect as it is, so if Trump exists, then he shouldn’t be stopped, until he is. Nothing ‘needs’ to happen in life. If anything ‘needs’ to happen, reality will make it happen. Otherwise it doesn’t need to happen. 

If I experience suffering because of tyranny, the problem is the suffering my ego is creating, not the tyranny. Tyranny is God if it exists. Tyranny is beautiful. The problem is that we don’t have awareness over that. Which is why spirituality work is so good.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie