Charlotte

Trip sitter

Trip sitter   13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you say, for someone who has had panic attacks that a trip sitter is needed for a first time mild trip of shrooms?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 posts in this topic

Is it a silly idea to go ahead and do it on my own or should I wait until I find a responsible trip sitter? Or (this is whay my intuition is saying) fuck it and accept everything alone no matter what.

Depends on what the panic attack was about

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles losing control and harming myself and going psychotic through the use of Psychedelics ??

To be honest though if I'm honest I feel this fear has gone, I can still feel remainders of it but I don't know... I just trust now.

3 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Rilles losing control and harming myself and going psychotic through the use of Psychedelics ??

Tripsitter.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Tripsitter.

Fuck ?

Gotta find someone. Pain in ze arse

I have no available tripsitter. For my first trip, which is not far away, I am going to take the logical position of consuming enough psychedelics that I take enough dosage that I have no choice but to betray the anxiety. It will be like a .22 rifle (anxiety) vs an m1 abrams (the drug).

I've done shroomies numerous times, and most of those times there still have been some unprocessed traumas from other trips, meaning there was some unresolved fears. I used to be a little afraid when those unprocessed traumas were more 'juicy'. I found that if you start off with a milder dose, and handle yourself gently there will be no issue. You can always take more when you feel comfortable. You could also do a normal dose, and intent to release, you'd probably be fine if you're a little mature :-)
Also, you could put on some calming music, on mushrooms your mind will match up with that music fast.

Honestly i don't feel it matters. Setting and mindset far outweigh the sitter imo. 

@Charlotte Ever have some worries and fears before going somewhere & doing something, but then you went anyways & did it anyways - and then said oh, that wasn’t actually bad like I thought it was going to be?  Ever have a fear of a “mountain to climb” - but you climbed it? View from the top is worthwhile though, no?  Past the fears - even the climb, in hindsight, was beautiful, no?

Make tea, don’t just eat em. Take on an empty stomach. Don’t take them late when you’ll be getting tired in the next 4 hours or so. Don’t go ‘walk about’, and don’t call the police just because ‘you think’ something is wrong. Sit in a comfy chair, with comfy Charlotte stuff. 

Write on a piece of paper something like “Just breathe. Relax. You’re ok.”

.5g to 1.5g is pretty light and introductory. 

4g’s and up is into the major breakthrough range.

Watch out for that limbo in the middle. I wouldn’t take between 1.5g and 4g’s. 

(Also I wouldn’t jump right to 4g’s and up. I’d build up to that. Some people swear by jumping in at 4g’s though and it works for them)

If it, sorry - when - it gets ‘hairy’, breathe and let it. Just let it do it’s thing. Don’t resist. And if by chance you do resist - then don’t resist the resisting. I think you’re ready to go, and I am very very happy for you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Charlotte said:

To be honest though if I'm honest I feel this fear has gone, I can still feel remainders of it but I don't know... I just trust now.

This. 

??

....and maybe have a few of your favorite songs at the ready. Simple easy effective mood boost. 

2 hours ago, Charlotte said:

@thesmileyone as in like take a dosage big enough you will surpass the anxiety?

Yup. And hopefully kill anxiety for good.

As someone experienced with psychedelics and some deep solo trips on my curriculum, i highly suggest a trip sitter, you never know when the trip will turn into a bad, don't ever underestimate the power of those substances, even if you feel super confident in your ability to deal with a possible bad trip. Last time i did 1/3 a tab of a strong lsd + 4g of mushrooms, started great, blissful experiences, even some ego death, that turned real fast into a panic attack, i almost called my father, i was lucky that my best friend texted me back and went to my house calm me down but he easily could not answered my calls and god only knows what i would have done. Next time i will invite him to sleep in my house while i trip, just the fact that i know that there is someone i trust near me is awesome to go deep.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

with comfy Charlotte stuff

Made me giggle ?

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

I wouldn’t take between 1.5g and 4g’s

You WOULDN'T Nahm? What would you take if you where me? 

Thank you for your advice Nahm your awesomesauce. 

@Recursoinominado thank you dude for your opinion I highly appreciate it 

@Recursoinominado Do you think personality type is a big component? If someone doesn’t enjoy aloneness and is very extroverted maybe they would be better off with others or a sitter. 

Also id agree confidence isn’t condusive to a good trip, it’s more about surrender 

9 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Recursoinominado Do you think personality type is a big component? If someone doesn’t enjoy aloneness and is very extroverted maybe they would be better off with others or a sitter. 

Also id agree confidence isn’t condusive to a good trip, it’s more about surrender 

I absolutely agree, for sure some people can handle whatever happens during a trip, i am just saying to not overestimate your abilities, you have to be sure you will handle because if you have 1%, even if only deep in your subconscious, of worry, that shit will creep in and you can do some shit you will regret later if not some irreversible shit. A trip sitter prevents all of that, you can go deep knowing that someone is a reference of your normal level of consciousness there to assure you of anything. 

Of course, all of this is a projection of my own deep fears, but i am sure i am being pretty accurate here.  

Be in a positive mindset.

Be in a safe and secure setting.

Do about 2 grams.

Enjoy :)

You will be fine.

In the extremely rare chance that you have a panic attack you will learn about some kind of repressed aspect of your psyche so in the end you will grow anyways and will release some kind of psychological burden.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Charlotte Ever have some worries and fears before going somewhere & doing something, but then you went anyways & did it anyways - and then said oh, that wasn’t actually bad like I thought it was going to be?  Ever have a fear of a “mountain to climb” - but you climbed it? View from the top is worthwhile though, no?  Past the fears - even the climb, in hindsight, was beautiful, no?

Make tea, don’t just eat em. Take on an empty stomach. Don’t take them late when you’ll be getting tired in the next 4 hours or so. Don’t go ‘walk about’, and don’t call the police just because ‘you think’ something is wrong. Sit in a comfy chair, with comfy Charlotte stuff. 

Write on a piece of paper something like “Just breathe. Relax. You’re ok.”

.5g to 1.5g is pretty light and introductory. 

4g’s and up is into the major breakthrough range.

Watch out for that limbo in the middle. I wouldn’t take between 1.5g and 4g’s. 

(Also I wouldn’t jump right to 4g’s and up. I’d build up to that. Some people swear by jumping in at 4g’s though and it works for them)

If it, sorry - when - it gets ‘hairy’, breathe and let it. Just let it do it’s thing. Don’t resist. And if by chance you do resist - then don’t resist the resisting. I think you’re ready to go, and I am very very happy for you. 

I've never made tea...but I've also never had a problem just eating em...

Also I've had some of my best experiences between 1.5g and 4g.

I personally think that about 2g is a great introductory dose in my experience as I have introduced many of my friends to mushrooms and they are usually a-okay at about 2-3g

Empty stomach is definitely key.

Edited by Adam M

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

@Charlotte I’d suggest just 1g.   No rush. Slow & steady wins the race so to speak. I think you’ll retain more and have more to integrate. Also I think the worst thing one can do with psych’s, in the beginning, is too much too fast, and end up basically put off by them for life.