Joseph Maynor

Someone Reviewed Leo's Views on Enlightenment

46 posts in this topic

@Joseph Maynor Great share, really like her vibe. Thanks man. 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

At a certain point you just sit in silence and enjoy yourself. This is the essence of meditation.

That might be the most beautiful thing I’ve ever read man. Thanks for that. 

Generally speaking, it’s funny in a way...it’s like what you are relatively ‘up against’ is that the Truth is too good to be True. What a mindfuck. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Crazy experiences had on phycadelics cant be maintained, they will leave. Crazy sober spiritual experiences cant be maintained they will leave. But you can have a genuine awakening were the ego becomes mortally wounded and it fades away over the course of several years. 

11 minutes ago, bobbyward said:

Crazy experiences had on phycadelics cant be maintained, they will leave. Crazy sober spiritual experiences cant be maintained they will leave. But you can have a genuine awakening were the ego becomes mortally wounded and it fades away over the course of several years. 

They are not at odds with one another. Those "crazy" spiritual experiences facilitate the ego's dissolution.

Besides which, the ego's dissolution is not the only game in town.

If you hold the "sober" state as more real than a "crazy" high state, that's an anchor point which needs deconstructing. The value of shifting states is that it helps to free oneself of states. But also keep in mind that whatever state you are in, that state is defining and limiting your understanding of reality. There are things you can understanding in a crazy high state which you cannot understand in a sober state. So to put a sober state as superior or more "natural" than a high state is incorrect. It's a bias. This is not to say one should get attached to high states either. The point is to be open to experiencing life from various kinds of states without demonizing them.

People get trapped chasing states.

But people also get trapped demonizing states and proclaiming that their state is the best and that other states are useless.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Dumb Enlightened From experience

Edited by Enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@SriBhagwanYogi Not really. Since there is but myself, I just sit and look around at myself. There is nothing to find since I exist anywhere I look.

At a certain point you just sit in silence and enjoy yourself. This is the essence of meditation.

Are you in non duality?

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

They are not at odds with one another. Those "crazy" spiritual experiences facilitate the ego's dissolution.

Besides which, the ego's dissolution is not the only game in town.

If you hold the "sober" state as more real than a "crazy" high state, that's an anchor point which needs deconstructing. The value of shifting states is that it helps to free oneself of states. But also keep in mind that whatever state you are in, that state is defining and limiting your understanding of reality. There are things you can understanding in a crazy high state which you cannot understand in a sober state. So to put a sober state as superior or more "natural" than a high state is incorrect. It's a bias. This is not to say one should get attached to high states either. The point is to be open to experiencing life from various kinds of states without demonizing them.

People get trapped chasing states.

But people also get trapped demonizing states and proclaiming that their state is the best and that other states are useless.

@Leo Gura my point is peak phycadelic or sober awakening experiences cant be maintained, you will always come back to normality. And if the ego has been penetrated deeply, it will fade away over a long period of time in a non flashy way.  I dont think enlightenment is about understanding anything it's about the understander falling away. 

What is there to this apart from ego dissolution? 

12 minutes ago, bobbyward said:

@Leo Gura my point is peak phycadelic or sober awakening experiences cant be maintained, you will always come back to normality. And if the ego has been penetrated deeply, it will fade away over a long period of time in a non flashy way.  I dont think enlightenment is about understanding anything it's about the understander falling away. 

What is there to this apart from ego dissolution? 

Apart from ego dissolution there are basically all other aspects of mind that can be investigated. The ego is one aspect of mind, it is not the only one to explore, deconstruct or alter. In the future we might  be able to simply deconstruct the ego with technology, within an instant. And we might even construct new things, things unimaginable to us. Mind seems to have no limitations, we really are just exploring an evolved structure, when in the future we will be able to create structures so unfamiliar that they will shift our paradigms in fundamental ways that no one today could possibly predict.

I mean, look at how primitive we are. We sit years and years so that a few neurons are altered, or we take psychedelics that kind of alter certain brain activity. It's so inaccurate, and we are completely limited to the natural structure of our brain. We cannot really completely alter it in radical ways, create completely different structures that access completely different senses or dimensions of reality. Again, try to imagine how different an ant is experiencing than let's say a bat. Their realities are completely different, and they have been designed as tools to propagated their survival. Soon we might be able to construct whatever we want, a unicorn, a dragon, animals that would never came to evolve in a natural environment. The same will be true for consciousness, we will be capable of structuring consciousness so deliberately that we will be able to create realities that would have never come to exist in a natural environment.

Exploring these different aspects and dimensions will in the future aid us in the construction of these new realities. The people of the future might laugh at our silly ideas of consciousness and reality, they might go so far beyond us that we will seem like one-celled organisms to them, completely unaware of the bigger picture.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel