Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pouya

Can a scientist become enlightened?

26 posts in this topic

Just now, David Hammond said:

Yes. Deepak Chopra "MD".

I hope he opens the door for a lot of scientists. Unfortunately, he has been marginalized and ostracized by most of the mainstream scientific community.

On 15/04/2019 at 8:19 PM, Pouya said:

@David Hammond @Shiva @SoonHei

What if science is too conceptual for non duality?

Maybe realizations make someone give up science (like a scientist gives up his/her job)

full realisation makes me want to know more about physics laws and "real organic fluid science, aimed toward truth with a T".

it's not related to not loving science with full realization, on the contrary, love for truth is love for "true science".

it's just that your scientific love is of the same degree than the one of a musician for understanding and creating music.

Edited by Aeris

Sure. Transcending the materialist paradigm doesn't mean you can't use it. It is incredibly useful and all of our advancements is proof of this. An enlightened scientist just wouldn't chain their mind down confusing concept with actuality.

Unfortunately though the science field does demonize anything outside the paradigm so very few actively break out of it. And those that do I bet it was an unintentional. lol

I'm a programmer myself and somebody very interested in science. Heavily developed my logic and rational side earlier than my peers. Such a weight lifted knowing I can use these concepts as tools rather than constricting and denying anything that doesn't fit it.

Edited by Shadowraix

30 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Sure. Transcending the materialist paradigm doesn't mean you can't use it. It is incredibly useful and all of our advancements is proof of this. An enlightened scientist just wouldn't chain their mind down confusing concept with actuality.

Unfortunately though the science field does demonize anything outside the paradigm so very few actively break out of it. And those that do I bet it was an unintentional. lol

I'm a programmer myself and somebody very interested in science. Heavily developed my logic and rational side earlier than my peers. Such a weight lifted knowing I can use these concepts as tools rather than constricting and denying anything that doesn't fit it.

I find that "no life" have a lot to understand for listening multiple real perspective from people, and talk with multi sided personnality.

big realisation comes aswell from "common experience"

@Pouya enlightenment IS science.  Its the same thing.  Its just not science TODAY.

Spiritually and science will one day merge.  Remember the founding fathers of quantum mechanics were philosophers first and foremost.  

They may not have had direct experience of being but they got it.

Pursue it with more vigor than ever and with higher understanding that spirituality and science will one day coexist beautifully. 

A great course i recommend is Einstein and the Quantum revolution by the Teaching company.  (TTC) .

It doesn't incorporate spirituality yet but it hints upon it almost that its coming. The teacher still believes there s an objective reality but its still a great course if you want to get a grasp of relativity.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 4/15/2019 at 10:52 AM, Pouya said:

Can a scientist become enlightened?

Can an enlightened become a scientist?

Yes. :)

An enlightened scientist would see the laws of matter to really be the laws of mind.

Rupert Spira talks about that in this video... (to cut to the chase, start at 8:27 and end at 16:08):