Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arhattobe

David Spero - Video - Reality Check

26 posts in this topic

Suffering is a real thing (as real as anything else is). The point is that it's possible to become so conscious that you stop doing it.

Think of suffering like biting your nails. It is real when you're doing it. But you can also stop doing it. The point of consciousness work is to become aware of how and why you're doing dysfunctional unconscious stuff, like getting angry, or judging, or overeating, or suffering. We are making unconscious habits conscious, thereby giving us freedom from doing them automatically.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is far more to this work than one enlightenment.

Neo-Adavaita is dangerously oversimplified. You are never going to master consciousness through something like Neo-advaita.

To master consciousness will take you tens of thousands of hours. Not just 1000. Some of you guys keep not understanding this.

You preach radical open mindedness, yet you don't seem to be open minded to the idea that you could possibly be wrong.

Again, you can't possibly know that it will take tens of thousands of hours, you just don't know this. When you are in seeker mode, just like you are, of course you will assume it will take you that long of a time. 

I would take oversimplified, rather than over complicated any day of the week. Get one enlightenment, before you try to get 100 others (if there is such a thing). 

Can it be possible that it is actually simple, but your EGO wants to make it too complicated?  - Contemplate this question 

On 10.04.2019 at 3:06 AM, Leo Gura said:

But the most advanced practitioners develop it. Which is how monks can do self-immolation.

@Leo Gura They go into Nirodha ( subjective non-consciousness) before self-immolation. It requires very advanced levels of concentration and it has to be maintained through daily practice. It's not like enlightenment where it sticks even when you don't meditate anymore. I see people constantly confusing what enlightenment is and what high concentrations states are.

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Which is why I say it's an advanced thing requiring 1000s of hours of practice.

Then I get criticized that, "Leo, enlightement doesn't take thousands of hours."

It doesn't have to take 1000s of hours. Jeffery Martin discovered that it's basically a matter of finding ones meditation/method fit, and then ones awaken very quickly ( from my experience, I can tell you it's true). In terms of concentration required to get to these 0 suffering states, it may take like 2 years of meditating 2 hours a day for an average person.

One question for you Leo - have you tried sub verbal mantra repetition (not trying to concentrate on it) meditation?

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

On 4/10/2019 at 5:25 PM, Arhattobe said:

@whoareyou They do. Buddhism has stages. Sufism has stages. Zen has stages.

Modern teachers that talk about stages Ramaji, David spero, Jan esmann, Sat shree, Maharishi Mahesh yogi the founder of the tm movement. 

“You” “don’t” “know” “how” “deep” “the” “rabbit” “hole” “goes”

I don't think David Spero really talks about stages, I've heard him say that 'seeing through movie' is realization and the end of self-realization, though one's body may become more saturated in that realization so to speak, something like that.

I've sat with him in person when I used to live in Sedona. His satsangs were pretty straight to the point and while he just stares at you, loved it.