Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
okulele

Your 'Forum Ego'

13 posts in this topic

I have a forum ego. This persona that interacts here with you, is not exactly the same one that relates to my family and friends.

I am pretty sure you have a special persona for this forum too. Watch that one carefully! :D

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

For sure this has gotta be watched.  I try to be the same on here as I am in real life.  I try to be the same around everybody.  But all of us gotta watch the desire to be a Spiritual Ego in order to try to feel superior to other Egos and to try to place ourselves at the top of the Totem Pole of Egos.  That's a real trap that I know everybody on here falls into including myself on a semi-regular basis.  You gotta see it when it's happening and feel your Ego swollen with pride and realize that you're caught up.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Some commentary from this mornings I CHING reading is relevant to this topic. Referring to hexagram 46 with a changing  6 line that I got in throwing the coins - 

,,,,,,,,,This line can also refer to a person who thinks he has been spiritually awakened. To bring himself back into harmony he needs to free himself of the self image of the awakened person.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Nope, no boundary. That's the whole point.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

30 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Some commentary from this mornings I CHING reading is relevant to this topic. Referring to hexagram 46 with a changing  6 line that I got in throwing the coins - 

,,,,,,,,,This line can also refer to a person who thinks he has been spiritually awakened. To bring himself back into harmony he needs to free himself of the self image of the awakened person.

What?

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@okulele It goes with my morning I CHING reading that I've been posting in the Journal section under Tea-Ching friend.

Cautioning about having a self image,,,,

Have you been around when "reputation points " were still available here? Oh man that was an ego rollercoaster :D The dopamine hit from every single like was like nothing else. I'm glad Leo removed that function. 

Health Blog - Educational deep-dives each month 

Instagram - Easily digestible info on men's health, chronic disease, longevity and nutrition. 

Feel free to reach out for a confidential discussion about a health issue you are currently struggling with  

4 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Have you been around when "reputation points " were still available here? Oh man that was an ego rollercoaster :D The dopamine hit from every single like was like nothing else. I'm glad Leo removed that function. 

I still have my reddit karma to measure my dick 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

@Michael569 I just joined in December. I wasn't around then.

I either have no ego at all, or I'm super deluded.

What the hell! Yeah, I sure am enlightened :PxD

Edited by Truth Addict

Enlightened gooroo by day, deluded fool by night, batman on Sundays

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''