Cortex

And Once You Awake You Should Remain Awake Eternally

140 posts in this topic

That's such a great quote, it describes the death of the self in such a profound way, once the self is gone, nothing remains, you are enlightened forever, you realise that there is no death, that death is just an illusion created by the stubborn egos which are to afraid to face the truth, that there is no you, you can then achieve the nirvana which is beyond anything that you can even fathom ;)

That's right, that was Friedrich Nietzsche quote

True reincarnation is falling back into the thinking mind and then awakening again. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

That's so true, then you've got a contrast, and you can know for sure that awakening is so much better 

17 minutes ago, Cortex said:

You're enlightened 

Enlightenment might free you from domination by the Ego-Mind, but it doesn't free you from death.  You will die.  You will watch others die, including but not limited to people you dearly care for.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Your ego (body/mind) (jiva) will die, not your true Self.

How do you know that?  That's easy to say in theory but harder to confirm in practice.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Do you believe in death? Like materialists do?

Belief has nothing to do with death.  Death laughs at beliefs.  You can have all the beliefs you want, you'll still die.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I take that as a yes.

Wow. What are you even doing here if you believe in death? A (supposedly) non-dualist who believes in death like materialists do. Weird.

You used the Materialist cop-out.  Shame on you!  Haha.  Believe in death -- you're gonna die dude.  Sorry to break it to you.  You will die and so will a few people that you care dearly for.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Cortex said:

You will die physically 

However you wanna classify it in thought -- you're gonna die.  Let's not bullsh*t ourselves here.

The physical body will be the only thing that dies 

1 minute ago, Cortex said:

The physical body will be the only thing that dies 

How do you know that?

Because physical bodies die, are you suggesting that physical body will live forever ? 

4 minutes ago, Cortex said:

Because physical bodies die, are you suggesting that physical body will live forever ? 

It's funny how you guys turn this back around on me when I challenge your beliefs.  I'll find out when I die, I don't presume like you to know in advance.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

Only the body/mind will die.

I previously thought maybe you are even enlightened. But now I think you are one of the most asleep persons in this forum.

That's because you're trapped in your beliefs.  If it doesn't square with your ideology it must be wrong, right?  I'm not asleep yet, I got about another hour until my bedtime.  ;)

I guess I'm an "asleep Materialist" as you allege.  You got any more million dollar words to label me with?  Gimme some more of your cliches.

What evidence do you have to support your contention that I'm one of the most asleep persons on this Forum?  That's quite an allegation sir.  At least let's be fair and honest here.  It helps with credibility.  I disagree with your beliefs and now I'm "one of the most asleep persons on the Forum", go figure!  Examine thyself first.  You think you're right and can't stand to be disagreed with.  It threatens your whole worldview and rubs your Ego the wrong way.  But don't blame me for that, that's all on you.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Again, personal experience is the only thing that you can trust, so in a sense you can't know if you will die physically or not, even if you are 100% sure that that's the case with the physical body, or maybe technology will improve great enough in the lifetime of this physical body to make it immortal

The distinction your discussion revolves around is the word 'you'. What is the you that is, or isn't going to die?
There are many answers to this question and some of them point to the fact that you will die and some to the fact that you won't.
The body is going to die. The psyche is going to die. Your relatives are going to die. Humanity is going to die. Nature is going to die. Earth is going to die. The universe is going to die. Your country will die. The sun is going to die. Bacteria in your gut are constantly dying. The food you put on your table died and became you.

All of these things are and are not you, depending on how you look at them.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I don't have evidence and I'm not interested in giving evidence. You haven't done anything wrong, this isn't a trial.

It's just obvious that you are far from knowing who You are.

Nothing wrong with that.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?  I think probably not.  I think you're in fantasy-land.

Edited by Joseph Maynor