Peo

Doing a one year solo reatreat

27 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Peo said:

Do you guys think a one year solo retreat would be too go to fast and have a much stronger ego backlash if i do this? Do you think this could drive me insane if i just meditate 24/7 for a whole year?

If your totally dead set on doing it solo then you prob could do it by building up to it by starting of with 5 days then 10, then a month, then 3 months ect. Leo struggled to do 30 days last time and he has a good amount of experience, there is great retreats you can go to all around the world and I think you would be way less likely to leave. 

23 hours ago, noselfnofun said:

Leo struggled to do 30 days last time

I guess it was because of psychedelics. I believe he could easily complete 30 days vanilla retreat.

The one thing everyone in this thread seems to be missing is that long retreats make you lazy. You think you have a lot of time and don't put all your effort into practice. That's why sometimes a 2 weeks long retreat is as powerful as a month one.

That plus decrease in important life skilla would make me more keen on an idea of a few month-long retreats, rather than one year of continous practice.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:21 AM, korbes said:

Interesting! Would love if you made a thread about this :P

What will you be doing with food etc.?

@korbes  I actually did a thread on this about a month ago. Went fairly indepth of my plans, and hoped it would inspire others that want solitude to do the work, could maybe get inspired. 

I figure with a combination of freezer foods, a packed refrigerator, dried meats, jars of dried fruits, dozens of jars of nuts, quinoa, rice, protein powder shakes, and a combination of small portions and fasting, I will easily be able to be out in the wilderness for over a month at a time. Then just drive back down to the nearest town to replenish supplies, fill up on gas, charge the batteries, get water and so on. 

On 2/28/2019 at 11:40 PM, Peo said:

I'm not sure, but i think one year solo reatreat is more then enought to attain no-mind state.

I think all monastery monks would kindly disagree. xD

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

This endeavor is being attempted to be done in a safe controlled type of way, but this isn't the type of endeavor to be successfully carried out by a safe controlling mind.

I want to do this to btw, I'm just really worried about scaring my family.