LoveandPurpose

aren't grades irrelevant if you want to escape wage slavery?

13 posts in this topic

I have three months of high school left. Should I learn a lot to get the best grades possible or should I already start with finishing the LPC (I'm 1/4 done) and just get good, not amazing grades. Afterall I want to escape wage slavery and aren't grades irrelevant then?

Today is Wednesday. That means you have 4 days. That is all you need.

The Life Purpose Course is not THAT long. You can do 90% of it in two days. If you can't you aren't putting it first.

This allows you to finish the course AND do what you need to do as a result. You see, your egoistic mind is making you choose. But you do not need to choose.  You can easily do both sir. Finish the course then you will gradually see your grades skyrocket as a result.

You won't become an A/B student because you are a product of Wage Slavery. Look, Wage Slavery is a problem, I agree. But lets not worry about that now. Right now you need a Life Purpose, a Pursuit of Mastery, and good grades. No matter how slice the cake, you need good grades in school.  You need good grades because that is the system you are a part of. Do not fight against the system. Adapt and overcome. Awareness alone is good enough right now.

Even if you're going to be a wage slave grades are irrelevant. Once you're out of school, no one cares about your grades. The only people that will ever look at your grades are other academic institutions.

That being said, you care about your grades. Get good grades because it's harder than getting bad grades. Get good grades because you'll feel good about it, and it indicates you're mastering the subject, and getting the most out of your education. If you work hard and learn the material, get good grades, you'll leave school more confident and be better at learning. 

DO Leo's LPC course as well, but don't sacrifice your home stretch of high school for that. The LPC course is something you can be flexible with.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

You might need a 9-5 job whilst you bootstrap whatever idea you want to monetize. My life would have gone a lot easier if my social anxiety hadn't stopped me doing 9-5's in between ventures. Good grades therefore make the difference between being a manager or the shelf stacker. If you are in high school, try to get a good grade in Business Studies at the very least.

Edited by thesmileyone

Grades in and of themselves are irrelevant. It's true that once you are out in the real world they might not be as important.

With that being said, if you don't have the will power and work ethic to get your grades right, you have no change in the real world anyway.

Study for the sake of maturing yourself and developing the right habits. It's all about being responsible, hard-working and dedicated. Leo said many times, study for the knowledge and the practice of studying, don't study for the grades exclusively.

If you can't even put the effort to get good grades, how will you overcome the challenge of working on a business to escape wage slavery?

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

@LoveandPurpose Wow this question hit me hard. I pondered this for almost half a decade being stuck in college when I knew I would never use my major, and was just forced to stay due to my parents forcing me to complete college. I don't know your exact situation, but here is what I would do if I were you. If you want to escape wage slavery, and you feel you have what it takes to do business, be independent, and navigate through inner and outer obstacles (which you should be able to, because even getting success in life has these inner and outer obstacles) Then I would definitely not go to college. It is a 4 year investment of your youth, and over $100k in debt, and you are surrounded by others who don't want to escape wage slavery. And as for high school, since you only have 3 months left, do the best you can. 3 months isn't that long, and you definitely don't want to fail. So definitely atleast pass your classes. But I remember I kept thinking, do I really need to get straight A's, and out of fear, I did. But trust me you don't need them. You are on a path where no one will give a fuck if you got A's or C's. 

Grades matter. It is easier to play a game where you know and understand the fundamental rules first before playing the game than to be thrown to the wolves and figure out in the scrap. The best way to show you understand the general rules to the overarching game(s) is to show dedication to a grade system while still showing discontent with the grade system, it can always be better. I don't know what your aspirations are other than to escape the "wage slavery," which I can only assume, if one is to put a number on it, is the 70K which is the most drastic mark put forth by psychologists on the general trend of overarching happiness correlated to wage. Your thinking is correct that grades are, unless heading into academia, throughly irrelevant after the first 5 years out of the educational sector, but if you get those good grades and put in the effort to learn, those first 5 years are going to be a hell of a lot easier on you. You won't have to run around chasing coattails cause you will already be ahead. You see, the work you put in prefacing a situation will only help you be more informed about the outcome. All education has value, and when it is offered to you freely (assuming public high school), just accept it and try your best to succeed at your individual goal(s). 3 months is virtually nothing to a lifetime! Stick it out and find your limit. It may be easier to give up one thing and to pursue another, but the most satisfaction come when you complete something entirely! No one strives for almost! 

Grades don't matter at all...

BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE A CRYSTAL CLEAR & SUSTAINABLE LIFE PURPOSE

It's Love.

2 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

Grades don't matter at all...

BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE A CRYSTAL CLEAR & SUSTAINABLE LIFE PURPOSE

@RendHeaven Try rephrasing that, you may find you reach a bigger audience because I found it a little confusing. Being more direct with your flow of words has worked for me for people to understand me better! i.e. "with a crystal clear & sustainable life purpose, grades don't matter at all." <-- see how that doesn't entirely encompass the truth of the situation? 

Grades seem to matter to others growing up for sure! So, there must be a reason for that if they were to truly not matter at all. When you find that reason they mattered for something!

It seems that grades still can matter even when someone has a clear and sustainable life purpose!

On 27. 2. 2019 at 5:16 PM, jivvie said:

The Life Purpose Course is not THAT long. You can do 90% of it in two days. If you can't you aren't putting it first.

That's imho not true. On top of the videos, there are a number or assignments that take an hour or more of deep focus. You won't make most of them in one weekend, if you give them their due time. Even if you're giving the course priority, better to space it out.  

Edited by Elisabeth