CreamCat

This is how you eat meat consciously.

14 posts in this topic

Most people eat meat very unconsciously. If you have direct experience of meat production, you will have crazy awareness of what you are eating.

This is what awareness is, folks. Remember this.

Direct experience raises awareness to a whole new level. Use this video to learn how to raise awareness. Enjoy your delicious meat with crazy awareness.

Awareness is not difficult. It is simple. It is just a matter of whether you are willing to sacrifice the bliss of ignorance.

Bon Appétit !!

Edited by CreamCat

Depends. Because those who love life enjoy every peace of meat they get. Ever wonder why vegans are stressed all the time? :) 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

5 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

Ever wonder why vegans are stressed all the time? :) 

Bit of a broad generalisation there.

I politely disagree.

You all missed the point. The point is to raise awareness of what you eat and to raise awareness of everything else.

Watch the video for direct experience. To raise awareness, watch a video about pig meat production while you are eating pig meat.

Edited by CreamCat

Maybe in the populated cities of US, yes, but otherwise loads of people are very conscious where meat comes from especially in lesser developed countries considering that they kill it themselves or watch it get killed by a butcher. Additionally, hunting is a popular recreation in the US. 

I now feel more thankful and appreciative for animals as before i was vegan. When you kill an animal and eat it one can really appreciate the sacrifice, the nutrition and is kind of the opposite as people say about meat eaters. Those who blame meat eaters generally view then as more susceptible to crime or more prone to anger and harm, i see that more in vegans than meat eaters, i don't know. 

@CreamCat *this is how you commit murder consciously. * What are your thoughts on this statement? 

Edit: nvm I got the post :)

Edited by TheAvatarState

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

On 2/26/2019 at 5:50 PM, Hellspeed said:

Depends. Because those who love life enjoy every peace of meat they get. Ever wonder why vegans are stressed all the time? :) 

Veganism comes from an unhealthy extension of your pride, delusion that meat eaters are murderers (which is a horrible miss-use of the word "murder" even if it was applicable) and not wanting to admit you're wrong.

Look at "vegan gains" and tell me he's at low stage green or above, you can't.

@tenta I was a vegan, an ethical one also :) What are you talking about? I don't watch vegan gains, not into that mentality. 

And i'm proud to be like i am, we throw opinions and experiences around. GG

Edited by Hellspeed

6 minutes ago, Shiva said:

This is a bit of an over-generalization. 

It's not that all vegans are the same or have the same convictions. 

I eat a minimal amount of animal products, but most of my friends don't care. And I don't care what they eat. I just think that meat is no longer contemporary. But that's just my humble opinion.

The problem is that those people who start YouTube channels and thus get a lot of attention are extremists. Normal people don't do that Kind of activism. But these people are not necessarily representative of the entire vegan population, nor are they somehow entitled to speak for them.

I feel like there is a lack of perspective here. Are they really extremists considering what is happening to billions of animals on this planet? To them you seem like someone who simply seeks neutrality for egoic reasons. Why is it extreme to get upset about what is happening? Would you call resistance groups who fought the Nazi's during the Jewish holocaust extremists? 

Veganism is an ethic, not a diet. It's defined by the believe that causing unjustified harm to animals is wrong. It's not a neutral position. Imagine if we lived in a world where women were looked at as second class citizens whom we could rape and kill whenever we want. Would you be an extremists if you were very emotional, very upset about it? And even if you were an extremist, would that be a bad thing considering in what kind of world you live in?

They might not be effective in their advocacy (even though that is debatable, as they seem to convince a great amount of people of their cause), but I think you could do well to try to put yourself in the shoes of these people. If you felt that animal were more or less equal to human beings, what would you act like? Do you really expect people to have perfect composure considering the complete lack of empathy we have for certain kinds of animals?

When you say "I don't care what others eat", to a person who is ethically more evolved than you it sounds much like someone telling you "I don't care who others rape and murder.".

Glory to Israel

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

I know that I cannot persuade everybody, nor do I want to. I have different priorities. It's fine if someone's life purpose is to make the whole world vegan. But that's not me. 

If I was to start arguing with my friends and call them murders, they wouldn't change. All that would happen is that we'd be having fights over ideologies, and archive nothing but misery. 

Also when people do that too extremely they often make fools of themselves eventhough they're standing up for a good thing. Then it just becomes ridiculous. The same has unfortunately happened to feminism.

So, I think everybody has the right to their own perspective and it would be very intolerant of me if I started fighting over it with my friends. Even if I don't agree with them on this one, I respect their choices.

But why are you distancing yourself from these "extreme" vegans? What is the point of that? I understand it would not be helpful to call someone names, but again, try to have some empathy for these people. They are suffering knowing what is happening to animals, they cannot handle it. It is like torture to them, every single day of their lifes. They see great injustice, and I cannot blame them. There is so much suffering that could be avoided.

It's not about whether you respect someones choices or not, it's about what kind of choices you respect. Do you respect someones choice to rape children? Why not? Because you genuinely feel like you don't want anyone to rape children.

On the other hand, when people are enslaving and slaughtering sentience beings of a different species, you actually are fairly indifferent about it, aren't you? To people who actually feel like animals deserve moral treatment, it will seem like you do it out of egoic reasons. You do it because you don't want to be judges as intolerant, or because you want to maintain social relationships, hiding all of it under the veil of futility. There are other ways to go about changing people, but respecting their choices is not one of them.

Again, ask yourself, if you lived among people who raped children and it was socially acceptable, would you equally respect their choices? And what would a person who would respect these choices seem like to you?

Glory to Israel

5 hours ago, Shiva said:

@Scholar I think you are right. And actually I also see things as you describe. 

It's not really that I tolerate meat. But I accept it because I understand that the best shot I've got to get someone to self-reflect on their choices, is to embody a good example.

Usually diet is not a topic among me and friends, but every once in a while someone asks why I never ordered a meat dish. Then I try to explain it in a non-dogmatic, non-offensive manner and usually people respond something like, "well, I never thought of it that way. This actually makes sense".

And even if most of them still don't become veggies, a lot of them drop the stigma that to be vegan you have to be a hateful hippie. Some say they at least want to reduce meat. Some start to understand that you don't have to be malnourished as a vegan. And others become at least more understanding of why someone would not want to eat meat.

I know I could probably do more and I think it's great that we have activists and people who are really changing the world.  But that's their life purpose. I have decided to invest the bulk of my energy otherwise.

Yes, that's definitely a reasonable approach in my opinion. I just think that we need to communicate more between the different groups, as we have deeper insights into the dynamics that are playing out. I think we should not dismiss people as radical or militant on the green side, but equally not as bigoted or primitive on the orange/blue side. Instead of focusing so much on the issue itself, it might be helpful to instead communicate how and why we feel a certain way about it. We can try to explain to orange people why people feel angry and sad because of all the suffering that the animals have to endure. Even if we were to talk about terrorists, I think this approach is important. 

We might disagree with them, but we have to inspect why they feel so helpless and frustrated. When we call them militant or fundamentalist, we dismiss the validity of their views, even though they live and experience these perspectives day in day out. Instead of fragmenting all the groups, we can make an effort to bring us closer by establishing bridges of understanding and compassion.

Yes, most people don't think we should go into restaurants and protest, or to arson butcher shops because they sell animal corpses. But we have to recognize that the people who do these kinds of things are still humans, they feel very strongly about this and I don't think we can blame them. We can educate them, but we should not demonize and dismiss them as radicals that are completely unreasonable and destructive.

A lot of times we get angry because we are so sad about a situation, but if we were just honest and would show our sadness, I think people would have a much easier time to show empathy for our perspective, and how important it is to many of us. We have to show the process of empathy, so they can see why we have the perspective we have. 

Glory to Israel

18 minutes ago, Shiva said:

@Scholar Personally, I really like the idea and I fully agree with you.

But the reason I agree with you so much is because I am stage Green or something like that myself.

I'm afraid it doesn't work that easily when approaching red, blue or orange people. A deeply stage orange person has no appreciation for empathy, being more vulnerable, showing honest emotions and stuff like that.

They will label us as fags, new-agers or hippies and crack some some jokes like "how do you know someone's a vegan - they'll tell you, hahaha", that's all.

So, don't get me wrong, we're on the same side. I'm just thinking we need to factor in their level of consciousness as well if we want to be effective in getting our point across.

You are right, there is no cookie-cutter solution that will work with everyone. I think there are a lot of people who might be at the verge between orange and green, in those cases I think anger makes them usually regress into orange and empathy opens their hearts green. Though even that cannot be said for everyone, there are a lot of people who respond well to the more passionate/angry narrative.

Glory to Israel