Aakash

spiral dynamics or enlightenment, which to choose to move forward?

16 posts in this topic

currently it seems that overall i still have desires that lay in the red domain of the spiral scale, the focus on these desires is causing me to want to reach enlightenment faster to compensate for this gap in desires. i have not resided in blue domain actions but way of thinking i have completely covered, so there is the action part of experiencing a couple of years in each of these domains. enlightenment on the other hand, has nothing to do with this spiral concept as its concept rejects all notions of this ever having existed at the highest levels. therefore i believe i have two choices 

continue to move up the spiral level so when i move to an enlightened phase the tendencies of desire are long gone (healthy) 

or 

become enlightened and let the desires come and go and let be (unhealthy at this current period of time, as i am not enlightened) 

option one is more integrated as a whole, but it will mean that i will have to pick up seeking in about 10-15 years time for now, until i reach a fully integrated turqoise role, where i am able to pick up enlightenement again (note: non duality will always remain in both options, since i've gone past this stage) 

i don't think its healthy for me to continue the way i'm going at this point and dedicating all my resources to become awoken, so option two does not seem like the best move forward, however, it obviously is the fastest. 

what do you guys think ? 

What is it that you really want? Isn't it happiness? This puts a lot into perspective... even all the SD and enlightenment stuff. 

Anyway, if you are on this forum, I am sure you are dipping your toes in Yellow already. Go for total freedom = enlightenment, and that will catapult you to the sweet, sweet Turquoise.

...but hey, that's just my opinion :)

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@okulele i'm not gonna lie i do want enlightenment the most lol, but i still think i'll have desires and craving that exsist in lower chain spectrum and thats long to deal with, i might aswell get it over and done with and it will make reading books easier aswell. 

also its yellow Thinking belief system! not yellow action, and perspective of the world, i sitll haven't integrated many levels and that i think is lacking towards my enlightenment as a whole in the end. 

i think i just answered my own question. 

Edited by Aakash

@Jkris thats the thing about enlightenment, you think you got it when you got it, but when you don't got it, you Don't got it. 

none the less, the insights i wrote about it are still true, they're just not truths to the highest degrees, i feel they're as far as words can go though. 

"enlightenment is not a destination is a remembering"

the spiral can help towards all of these things! so i think you just agreed with the spiral

my cognative stage is non duality

my practical actions are stage red

@Aakash when you start to awaken desire starts to fall away. The drive to do and push yourself in a certain direction dries up. Just something to take into consideration.

Thanks i choose enlightenment in the end, i realised how to get there. its true there are no desires at all, it can't be explained with words. 

@Aakash "spiral dynamics or enlightenment, which to choose to move forward?"

Based on choice and moving forward within the timeline, that would be SD. Yet, my hunch is deep down you want to come back home to the wholeness of what is Now.

None. Just keep posting on this forum and you would move forward. Lol

@Serotoninluv I have hit a roadblock, my red survival need is based on the fact i want to reach enlightenment and that it's already hit a really unhealthy stage fast, because i took it to the extreme in this one segment of red, i haven't tried other things that are red because i pretty much see the illusion of reality. 

so its either i give up the perspective that right now i should reach enlightenment and become healthy again, and move into more dynamics of red.

or 

i continue searching for full enlightenment, which is already here but because my survival need hinges on this. i will sacrifice everything to get it. (hence unhealthy) 

what is your advice? 

PS note: DAMN spiral dyanmics can explain so much lol 

Okay, so take nonduality further. Don't create a duality out of the dual and nondual. Understand that duality IS nondual. This will be your Tier 2, when you do not demonize being in lower stages and recognize that we will forever be in all stages. You're thinking of enlightenment very rationally which might be coming from blue. 

Next, Concept versus reality. Enlightenment, the concept, is not reality. Enlightenment is more like a loss, so saying your enlightened is like identifying with an absence. Being the absence is different from identifying as it.

I try to humble my enlightenment desires by calling it a love for life. An authentic interest that I am pursuing only out of the love for it, and not to become better. 

Do you keep saying red because of desire? Ask yourself what are all these desires, maybe some of them fall under other stages and that could help you understand.

@fortifyacacia3 just development wise i am red, 

cognatively speaking i am in non duality, there are more nauances to the model which i have realised from watching leo video on insights  

non duality and enlightenment is completely seperate to these stages when you look at it

but your right in saying it also encorporates it, just to understand it you have to create distinctions. 

i have changed from the time i wrote this post, i am no longer seeking. so i kinda get to happily work my way up the spiral of maya :) which my being is happy to do so. 

at the end of the day, enlightenment does not garuntee development, in fact there is no need to be honest unless you enjoy learning and still can accept that the illusion is also truth aswell. so i was torn before but not now. 

Edited by Aakash