Tiny Nietzsche

Which to choose? Playing Piano or Bodybuilding

13 posts in this topic

Which to choose? Playing Piano or Bodybuilding

- I started playing it just one year ago (I'm 24), It went quite well, for all 22-23 years before I always yearned to play it since 14-15, Temptation for piano was strong, But 'It's too late' feeling held me back not decided playing it until 23... I'm a real music listener, I don't just listen (EDM(Trance,DeepHouse,Techno), Classics, Old Pop),I feel like I really get into music... I always search more tracks, Turn on music always as possible as I can whether driving, working (sometimes), showering, or while just living in my home, I have specific genre I love, not whatever 

- I started lifting 3 years ago (~20), It went quite well, I always eager to go to gym, never feel lazy to do so, I hardly feel it for leg day, IDK, I really love it, Can't imagine If I quit (But Yeah... , I feel this to piano too, Piano sound is like an essence of my soul), I don't want to quit lifting those metal, I can't tolerate seeing my muscle gets weaken, IDK

But Due to late start playing, my way for piano is so dark..

I need help.. 

Are you deciding between becoming wordclass bodybuilder or worldclass piano player or? Why do you have to choose? What are you choosing?

I been into fitness for about 14 years. Is the most ungrateful discipline. The good things is that gave me big confidence, but also big ego.

In a health aspect It gave me lot of negative stuff:

-gynecomastia.

-altered liver function.

-general body tension> psichologycal anxiety>introversion

-hormonal imbalance.

-aging more to high protein diet.

If I had 20yo again i would only do vegan bb with no supplements, prohormonals or roids.

Why dont u focus on bodyweight training instead.. like mastering free standing one arm handstand pushups or planche hold for example. Its waaaayy more rewarding than bodybuilding.

4 hours ago, Moreira said:

I been into fitness for about 14 years. Is the most ungrateful discipline. The good things is that gave me big confidence, but also big ego.

In a health aspect It gave me lot of negative stuff:

-gynecomastia.

-altered liver function.

-general body tension> psichologycal anxiety>introversion

-hormonal imbalance.

-aging more to high protein diet.

If I had 20yo again i would only do vegan bb with no supplements, prohormonals or roids.

Woah.. much appreciated for your honest comment about AAS, I'm currently planning to have a circle of Anavar & Test (for now, might step up to Tren later on).... I might think twice about it, Thanks again 

5 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

Are you deciding between becoming wordclass bodybuilder or worldclass piano player or? Why do you have to choose? What are you choosing?

Yeh.. even If I want to... I cant both...But I talk about time usage of my only 24 per day, thank you anyway

3 hours ago, SaltyMeatballs said:

Why dont u focus on bodyweight training instead.. like mastering free standing one arm handstand pushups or planche hold for example. Its waaaayy more rewarding than bodybuilding.

agreed, bodybuilding really goes beyond healthiness, It's opposite actually 

true but if you focus more on mobility, stuff like calisthenics, handstand, good streatching(maybe yoga) add some core lifts for the strength and right food you build strong and healthy body 

If I were in your position, I'd play the piano as a main focus. But I'd also go to the gym every other day for an hour to keep up your physical fitness.

I personally don't see any point in actually being a body builder, other than for the physical look of it. I think a lot of men get into it because they think women like it. But women actually tend to prefer men who are just strong and lean and not super bulked up.  Now, correct me if I'm wrong. I just don't see any actual benefit to being a body builder other than the belief that it will make you more attractive. 

So, I would just work on being a physically fit piano player because it sounds more well-rounded. You can really give your all to piano playing while also keeping your body in shape.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

11 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Now, correct me if I'm wrong. I just don't see any actual benefit to being a body builder other than the belief that it will make you more attractive. 

Certainly there aren't too many uses of being a body builder, as by its craft it's about aesthetics.  That being said, it still does offer them a lot.  I mean it offers them happiness, a lot of these body builders find a lot of passion in improving themselves and others.  Many of the body-builders I've seen were previously overweight or had some kind of body issue, and use the profession as a way to promote taking initiative over the shape of your physical body.  Others just looked up to big/strong men as a kid and just had the kind of "I want to be big and strong like them" twinkle in their eye.  I guess to me you're making it sound more superficial than it may be, but at the same time it kind of is.   The point about women preferring lean/not super bulked up is slightly irrelevant  because at-least I am trying to attract the girl that I'm attracted to.  The girl that is in to a body-builder, is probably  a body-builder herself and into that specific kind of look, and would probably be considered an outlier.  Also, I feel like there are many more girls who are into the meat-ball look than there are meat balls, law of supply and demand should be their friend.  In general I would agree that being a physically fit piano player sounds like good advice, but if he's a body builder by heart and is really passionate about using his physical body as a measure of success, and wants to use that as a source of inspiration for other people, or is just really passionate about body building then I would do that

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

1 hour ago, zambize said:

Certainly there aren't too many uses of being a body builder, as by its craft it's about aesthetics.  That being said, it still does offer them a lot.  I mean it offers them happiness, a lot of these body builders find a lot of passion in improving themselves and others.  Many of the body-builders I've seen were previously overweight or had some kind of body issue, and use the profession as a way to promote taking initiative over the shape of your physical body.  Others just looked up to big/strong men as a kid and just had the kind of "I want to be big and strong like them" twinkle in their eye.  I guess to me you're making it sound more superficial than it may be, but at the same time it kind of is.   The point about women preferring lean/not super bulked up is slightly irrelevant  because at-least I am trying to attract the girl that I'm attracted to.  The girl that is in to a body-builder, is probably  a body-builder herself and into that specific kind of look, and would probably be considered an outlier.  Also, I feel like there are many more girls who are into the meat-ball look than there are meat balls, law of supply and demand should be their friend.  In general I would agree that being a physically fit piano player sounds like good advice, but if he's a body builder by heart and is really passionate about using his physical body as a measure of success, and wants to use that as a source of inspiration for other people, or is just really passionate about body building then I would do that

That makes sense. If it feels important, than he should do it. I just always wondered if the appeal of being a body builder went past aesthetics.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Choose both, you sounded exactly like me in past. I can still do the both. What's your worries? Who did setup crapshit ideas inside your mind about being a BB and unable to play soft or what?