DarjeelingTea

A psychedelic experience says nothing about matters of what is true

87 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Serotoninluv You will never be able to convey nonduality to someone. 

(I trust you’re laughing)

I keep saying from time to time that a life purpose (startup) + enlightenment is the best way to convey it, given that you're cunning and tactful in your approach. Not only that, you got to be open-minded in asking yourself, do I actually know the deepest truth, and then convey that in a cunning/tactful way. Only those who are ready to hear it will hear it. Truth is not taught; it's realized. :) Does a person actually realize that the truth is conveyed at the very top of Maslow's? At that point on the top? ;)    ^

If you want to convey it, then your life purpose has to be structured and communicated like a Maslow's. Then, it may be more convincing. 

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Serotoninluv It means you’ll believe them when they tell you they are not interested. ?

Oooh, very nice. There are many ways to express disinterest that I’m not in tune with. My intuition software is getting upgraded to 3.0 as we speak. . . ? 

@Key Elements Thank you. It’s a good reminder to check for sneaky egoic assumptions about truth in my mind. And not to force-feed a bowlful of truth to someone that has no appetite. 

Part of my career is having to teach students that lack interest. It’s a hard habit for me to break. 

Nahm and Cetus throw me a lifering when I fall overboard, which is much appreciated. 

6 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Key Elements Thank you. It’s a good reminder to check for sneaky egoic assumptions about truth in my mind. And not to force-feed a bowlful of truth to someone that has no appetite. 

Part of my career is having to teach students that lack interest. It’s a hard habit for me to break. 

Nahm and Cetus throw me a lifering when I fall overboard, which is much appreciated. 

You're welcome. I question myself too.

Are you doing a life purpose? It's much more effective to teach that way--through a LP. Think about it. To teach the deepest wisdom? Something that belongs on the tippy top of Maslow. Hmm...It deserves to be taught like this:

doyourthing.jpg

This reminds me of another quote:

"Come to me when you're ready. Find me when you're ready."

What is the deepest wisdom, btw? If you really do know that, how are you going to say that? :) I mean, one of the ways a cult forms is the teacher doesn't really know the deepest wisdom and claims he knows, and enforce it ademently. Also, he may know the deepest wisdom but don't know how to teach it, it's enforced or coerced.

It helps if your life path to the truth is meaningful. If you can't convince yourself in any way that what you became is the deepest truth, how is it that you could convince others? Others won't believe you. It's not an easy thing to teach.

What does 'true' mean?  Is 'truth' some psychedelic experience you had?  I don't like the word 'truth' in Enlightenment Work actually.  The correct concept if you're gonna run with a concept is 'being'.  It's 'being' not 'truth' that's the important concept in Enlightenment Work -- to the extent that you need a guiding concept.  Sure, you can define 'truth' to mean 'being', but why bother?  That just adds a confusion to the mix.

Edited by Joseph Maynor