DarjeelingTea

A psychedelic experience says nothing about matters of what is true

87 posts in this topic

Yesterday I was talking with my friend about similar topics: truth, reality, experience, psychedelics. Just want to share the insights from that conversation, since I kinda randomly found this thread, any feedback welcome.
Some time ago I took 50mg of 5Meo DMT as a first psychedelic experience in proper settings. The feelings were strongest in my life and what I experienced is indescribable, but just a few words: I went through ego death, I was an Infinity, pure Love.

I described it to my friend. Said to him that one of the insights which I got − we are all one consciousness and consciousness tries to understand yourself through yourself (through people, for example, through experiences).

After a long conversation, we came up with the following:

The ideas that we are one consciousness and that we are separate human beings (with own ego) are both truth (or both lie).

Let me elaborate by analogy. Imagine we have a yellow piece of cloth. If a color blind person looks into yellow cloth he doesn't see the yellow, there is no yellow color for him in his reality. If I look into yellow cloth I see one shade of yellow. If my friend looks into yellow cloth he sees another shade of yellow. It doesn't mean something wrong with a blind person or my friend, it means everyone has own reality and truth.

This conversation helped me to realize: even though I "felt" experience with psychedelics were more real than Earth world experience and I saw (was) something different (Infinity) but my mind (ego) interpreted in one way which is the truth only for my reality. Interpretation is far away from Absolute Truth.

After a good dream and going back, and thinking about conversation and analogy. I started to ask myself is yellow cloth (Absolute Truth) exists at all? Do not know the answer. I understand that this is all conceptualization by my ego.

P.S. there is Something, Something different, but what is that? maybe it's not possible to really grasp It even by being It due to our mind restrictions or maybe not :)

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

12 hours ago, Jack River said:

That’s reality coming in and distorting what is.

As I mentioned before, a turning no-thing-ness to a thing. To thingify. This is what I was referring to in the other thread about experience. In reference to registration/recollection(memory)

Sure, and that is a perspective arising in a mind. Try convincing a bird of those concepts. A bird has a different perspective and would not accept the perspective you are describing here. In the absolute, the perspectives are equal. What you describe doesn’t carry any more relevance or truth than a birdsong.

9 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Sure, and that is a perspective arising in a mind. Try convincing a bird of those concepts. A bird has a different perspective and would not accept the perspective you are describing here. In the absolute, the perspectives are equal. What you describe doesn’t carry any more relevance or truth than a birdsong.

When your head falls off my friend. It’s all revealed. In that a perspective is not. Centerlessness (non-being). 

You will see dude. 

15 minutes ago, Jack River said:

When your head falls off my friend. It’s all revealed. In that a perspective is not. Centerlessness (non-being). 

You will see dude. 

It’s not about me. Will the bird see as you see and will you see as the bird sees?

Why hasn't the psyche guru Leo Gura locked this thread already for spreading hearsay against powder consciousness aka God-dust? o.O

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

13 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

It’s not about me. Will the bird see as you see and will you see as the bird sees?

Hehe. Well only thing I can say is there is a seeing. 

Lets leave the beautiful birds out of it eh.?

Just now, Jack River said:

Hehe. Well only thing I can say is there is a seeing. 

Lets leave the beautiful birds out of it eh.?

If it is absolutely true, then it is true for both humans and birds. Yet the birds in my feeder don’t seem to accept these ideas. They seem to be expressing another reality to me that my human mind cannot see as a bird sees.

10 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

If it is absolutely true, then it is true for both humans and birds.

The Conciousness of birds and humans is obviously going to be different. 

What I have said above is in relation to human consciousness. To venture outside of that is inevitably reality transcending it’s limits again. 

What I have refered to in the thread is in regard to content of consciousness as we ‘know’ it. 

A ‘me’ doesn’t know/experience truth. That is what I intended to post about. 

The me is its experience/the known. 

Edited by Jack River

2 minutes ago, Jack River said:

The Conciousness of birds and humans is obviously going to be different. 

What I have said above is in relation to human consciousness. To venture outside of that is inevitably reality transcending it’s limits again. 

What I have refered to in the thread is in regard to content of consciousness as we ‘know’ it. 

Ok, so you are speaking of a consciousness relative to humans. Yet even that would be a consciousness relative to a subset of humans.

Larely, I’ve been exploring an absolute consciousness that has no relativity. It would be equally applicable to humans, birds, trees etc.  

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

Larely, I’ve been exploring an absolute consciousness that has no relativity. It would be equally applicable to humans, birds, trees etc.  

Ah I see?

how do you know it’s applicable to birds/trees and such? 

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

all humans , birds, trees etc are equal in deep sleep.

A birds deep sleep and your deep sleep has no qualitative difference. that is our shared being

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yet even that would be a consciousness relative to a subset of humans.

Fosho. What I am speaking of is the ending of conciousness as we know it. 

1 minute ago, Jack River said:

Ah I see?

how do you know it’s applicable to birds/trees and such? 

That is a great question. I’ve been spending time with birds and nature exploring what I can communicate and teach them. This has helped reveal concepts that are relative to a human mind. In turn, I try to let go of my specism and be an open student to the lessons they can teach me.

5 minutes ago, Preetom said:

A birds deep sleep and your deep sleep has no qualitative difference. that is our shared being

That’s still speculation. Even when the head falls off in no-thing-ness realm we can not be sure it’s the same to a bird and so on. 

To bring up birds/trees and so on is not going to cut it. Interesting to speculate on though. 

Its obvious that there are levels of fields. To say that birds/trees are the same as fact is still reality’s distortion. 

Edited by Jack River

Just now, Jack River said:

That’s still speculation. Even when the head falls off in no-thing-ness realm we can not be sure it’s the same to a bird and so on. 

To bring up birds/trees and so on is not going to cut it. Interesting to speculate on though. 

I agree. The very calling out the birds sounds fishy in the first place lol

I just wrote my previous post for arguments sake. Ultimately, anything that is objectively known is speculation. Speculation is the mode in which the mechanism of objective knowing takes place.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Just now, Preetom said:

I agree. The very calling out the birds sounds fishy in the first place lol

I just wrote my previous post for arguments sake. Ultimately, anything that is objectively known is speculation. Speculation is the mode in which the mechanism of objective knowing takes place.

I agree dude. It is interesting though huh. 

6 minutes ago, Preetom said:

In the deepest sense, our shared being can be shared. I don’t think I could share concepts and images about deep sleep similarities to a bird. 

7 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

In the deepest sense, our shared being can be shared. I don’t think I could share concepts and images about deep sleep similarities to a bird. 

There can be no legitimate concept and images about deep sleep. Whatever concept there is about deep sleep, is outside deep sleep.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

27 minutes ago, Jack River said:

To bring up birds/trees and so on is not going to cut it.

That is specism.