theking00

Boredom

31 posts in this topic

How I can deal with boredom? I am planning to do a retreat mediation 

Edited by theking00

Use it.

Try to find out what boredom is.

Why do you experience it?

Why are we always trying to get away from it, generally? 

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

In my experiance, boredom is a transition of some sort.

It may be viewed as an invitation to merge witgh the present moment and simply be.

Notice when you are bored, it's your mind that has the need to be entertained, stimulated. Nothing else.

Focus on surrendering to what is; do not run away from the emptyness.

You may also simply use your imagination to find a way to amuse yourself. It's not a sin.

Be creative and passionate. It may kill the notion of boredom.

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@theking00 What do you think would happen to you if you didn’t play video games or go online?

I think I would die

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Try replacing video games with healthy habits, one by one, if you are more experienced, you can maybe put two. 

Try nofap, cold showers, pranayama, yoga, meditation, journalling, just add these into your day one by one, there will be no time to play.

In the end, you will enjoy the work, but it might be a longer kind of process :) 

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Preetom ?  What do you think that would be like? 

thats the issue. Thoughts don't wanna think/contemplate about that xD 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@theking00 why are you running away from boredom? It’s just a feeling.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

4 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@theking00 why are you running away from boredom? It’s just a feeling.

One probably won't feel those 'feelings' unless and until the pain of running away becomes greater than the pain of feeling those 'feelings'

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 minutes ago, Preetom said:

One probably won't feel those 'feelings' unless and until the pain of running away becomes greater than the pain of feeling those 'feelings'

But why don’t you want to feel it? What’s wrong with it? Unless you’re scared that it will ruin all of your egoic plans.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

4 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

But why don’t you want to feel it? What’s wrong with it? Unless you’re scared that it will ruin all of your egoic plans.

that's the issue. One is bound in the idea of pleasure-pain cycle unless consciousness reaches a breakthrough tipping point

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 minute ago, Preetom said:

that's the issue. One is bound in the idea of pleasure-pain cycle unless consciousness reaches a breakthrough tipping point

What has that got to do with feeling bored? 

1 minute ago, How to be wise said:

What has that got to do with feeling bored? 

Because,

Being bored=Not seeing what is and subsequently seeing/imagining/forcing what is not. 

In other words, it is a Consciousness issue

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 minute ago, theking00 said:

I am running away from silence 

You'll always be until you face it.
Works for everything.

In this case it's because if you actually stay in silence, you will have to stay alone with your mind, which is most likely full of negative thoughts and judgments

And/or

Because if you do stay in silence, you will have to see what you are, which is not your body or your mind, and this the ego would do anything not to see it.
Basically, everything it does in its live is to not see it, all its problems and activities are there to stay distracted.
Unless you're genuinely passionnated about something, everything you do is a way to escape this, and even then, this passion can be use as an excuse too.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

if you actually stay in silence, 

It will be game over down the line.

That's the last thing the game would want.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''