joeyi99

Planning on Taking Mushrooms

11 posts in this topic

I have done some research and came to the conclusion that I'll do Psilocybe Cubensis for my first Psychedelic trip. I have been meditating for close to 2 years and studying personnel development for 3 years. I was thinking of doing a low dose of 1 gram just to be safe. Is that too low?

I read that its best to take on an empty stomach to limit nausea and have a more intense trip.

Is there anything else I should know about mushrooms? Can I just eat them?

Thanks!

You can just eat them...

You can also do something much better. There is a technique known as Lemon Tek. The absolute best method of ingestion is to make a fruit smoothie by putting fruit, cold spring water, your mushrooms, and the juice from a squeezed whole lemon into a blender and blend it. Let that sit in your fridge for 20 minutes. Then drink. The lemon potentiates your mushrooms and allows for a smoother and stronger trip. The smoothie makes the ingestion palatable and enjoyable. It's so good.

I would say 1g is really low, you won't feel much. 1.5-2g would be a much better starting dose, but still very manageable. Good luck! And remember, set and setting are everything. Make it as comfortable and stress-free as possible.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

1g is too small for a first dose. It'd be like wanting to see what a beer buzz is like and only drinking 3 sips.  :D  I'd go 2.5g for a first trip. Shallow enough that you're still you, but with enough depth that you'll see what they are like. 

You can eat the mushrooms, but I also like the lemon-tek method. I just grind my mushrooms in a coffee grinder until they are a powder, then put it in a cup along with an ounce or so of lemon juice, add enough water to get it liquidy, let it sit for 20 mins and then chug it. 

You can just eat them, they don't taste so bad, especially if it's your first time. Somehow they taste worse and worse the more you eat them :D

1g is a mild trip. I actually really like 1g of mushrooms, but you might want to do around 2g for your first trip just to get the full impact, like PsiloPutty said. On the other hand if you're feeling at all cautious about the whole thing, there's no harm in taking just 1g. You can always take more next time.

I don't recommend a fully empty (fasted) stomach going into a trip. IMO it's important to have some blood sugar circulating to keep the vibes good. I think it's better to eat lightly leading up to the trip so you're not starving, but definitely not anywhere near full. Good to have some fruit or some very very light easy food ready in case you need an energy bump during your trip.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@joeyi99 I would go for around 2 grams for a first dose. You want to utilize your first trip as much as possible because you have no prior trip experiences to mess with your mind before tripping, you are going into it as a beginner-which is the best fertile mind to receive new ideas. Usually the first trip is the most positive and powerful.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

@joeyi99 I would get enough to do at least three trips as your initial experience.

Dosage, mindset and setting are all important variables. I would contine to practice meditation leading up to the first trip and set up a familiar, peaceful meditative setting.

The dosage depends on your intention. Do you want a boost to your meditation practice and have insights that are easily integrated into your life? Or perhaps to surrender the self and enter a nondual realm that would reveal a deeper awakening, yet would be more intense and difficult to integrate into life? Or perhaps somewhere in between? Or perhaps just a test drive to see if this might be a good spiritual tool for you?

It’s like deciding to take a trip away from home and asking “how far from home should I travel? Should I travel to the local park, to the next country over, around the world to China or to the moon?”

@Serotoninluv Yea that makes sense. I think my intention with my first trip ever would be to deepen what I've already got from meditation and just be open to whatever happens.

What do you mean by at least three trips?

I has some mushrooms yesterday. Ate so much there wasn’t mush room for anything else in my stomach after that.

1 hour ago, joeyi99 said:

@Serotoninluv Yea that makes sense. I think my intention with my first trip ever would be to deepen what I've already got from meditation and just be open to whatever happens.

What do you mean by at least three trips?

Are you able to get enough shrooms for three trips? Perhaps 6 grams or so? One cannot predict what will arise during a trip. On one trip, one could get naseous, throw up and think they are in a simulated reality, on another trip go into a blissful state of listening to music and on another trip receive deeply profound insights that 20 years of meditation wouldn’t have revealed. Plus, you could find out you have a naturally high tolerance to the substance and need to do another trip with a higher dose. There are a lot of variables at play.

Before my Ayahuasca retreat, people recommended I do at least three ceremonies. I’m glad I did. Each one was very different. The powerful enlightening experience came during the second ceremony.  The 1st and 3rd ceremonies were great, yet the 2nd one was by far the most profound experience of my life. I’m still integrating lessons two years later. 

As well, I tripped on San Pedro three times. Again, one of the trips was much more profound than the other two.

Based on what I’ve read and my own my experience, with three trips there is a good chance one will be deeply profound.

Based on your intention, I would suggest a moderate dose of 1.5-2g.

I'm getting half an oz (14g). I'm a little concerned with the nausea. 

2 minutes ago, joeyi99 said:

I'm getting half an oz (14g). I'm a little concerned with the nausea. 

Great. That is plenty for multiple trips in case the first is underwhelming or whacky. 

If you’ve got anxiety issues, I’d recommend 1.5g. If you don’t have anxiety issues, or have worked through ucomfortable periods with edible cannibis, I’d recommend 2g.

I would eat healthy the days prior to the trip and avoid things like alcohol, fatty meats etc. I would eat them on an empty, or near empty stomach. If there is nausea, it won’t necessarily last the whole trip. Sometimes I get moderate nausea on the comeup and then it settles down.