Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric Tarpall

Increasing your awareness (Technique)

12 posts in this topic

Close your eyes and visualize the room that you're in. Now pretend that you're a floating eyeball. You can fly around your room and look at everything. You can also exit your room if you want. The goal here is to look at everything from every angle. Zoom in on everything. Zoom out on everything. This will increase your awareness. One thing I like to do is look at my house from above. This puts things into perspective.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

1 hour ago, Sahil Pandit said:

@Eric Tarpall is what you're visualizing actually whats in the room or merely a thought?

Thoughts of course but nothing wrong with that. You're building a more solid map of your surroundings in your mind. Which makes you more aware of your surroundings.

Discard/Fast from anything and or everything that creates any mental/emotional/physical stimulation. Sooner or later only awareness remains.

B R E A T H E

9 hours ago, sidaz10 said:

where did you find this Technique ?

I came up with it myself. I don't know if this technique is useful but I felt like sharing it.

Ime, visualization and imagination can be helpful for personal development and creativity, yet are generally a distraction from raising awareness. 

Actually doing your exercise via astral projection would be pretty cool though.

@Eric Tarpall That form of visual imagination is very useful for artists, suprisingly, many people would not be capable of imagining that much through the minds eye, awesome! Maybe try to turn objects over and see if you would see the underside too (your car outside, etc). @Serotoninluv It somewhat saddens me to hear that imagination may distract from raising awareness. On one hand, I understand that it is only the mind, not infinity often coming up with some of the mechanisms in the process of imagining... On the other hand, I believe that for many artists, musicians, etc that "imagination" is often a direct tapping into total infinate awareness on level beyond our current understanding... I suppose I have a lot of attachment to imagination and would be hesitant to discard it from either the PD tool box, or the awareness tool box... but I don't know... 

@Epiphany_Inspired Ime, imagination can be helpful for PD and creativity. I use it daily. 

When I say imagination can be a distraction, I’m referring to “getting lost” in imagination. For example, on a meditation retreat the bell rings and I go into “la-la land” imagining traveling around the world and seeing beautiful landscapes and meeting various people. Then, the bell rings again and I realize I’m sitting in the meditation room and think “wow, that 40 minute session went by fast!”. I would consider that a distraction from being awareness.

Just as my mind gets immersed into thinking, it can get immersed into images. Words and images can be quite similiar in my mind.

There is also a mind state in which thoughts of words and images arise within awareness without attachment, identification or judgement. 

i'm not sure but after that exercise my dreams looks more vivid