Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roch

Authenticity is a bad word for me

10 posts in this topic

I don’t really want to be authentic. I associate that concept with lack of success in life. I don’t think I’ve been successful in life, so to me being myself means continuing to have no success in life. 

It's moreso a feeling that needs to work with the rest of your hopes and desires. None of them is perfect.

Be autenthic. It may seem as it is the same as suffering, but in the long run it's rewarding beyond speach.

Trying to "fit in" is what suffering actually is.

Be proud. Be a tiger.

Fuck all opinions.

Follow the heart.

Autenthicity is key for succes ;)

Edited by ivankiss

Just now, ivankiss said:

Be autenthic. It may seem as it is the same as suffering, but in the long run it's rewarding beyond speach.

Trying to "fit in" is what suffering actually is.

Be proud. Be a tiger.

Fuck all opinions.

Follow the heart.

You sound like you just read Kierkegaard. 

15 hours ago, Roch said:

I don’t really want to be authentic. I associate that concept with lack of success in life. I don’t think I’ve been successful in life, so to me being myself means continuing to have no success in life. 

make a list of the most, most, most famous successful people you can think of and write next to every single one if they where authentic or not.

16 hours ago, Roch said:

Being authentic doesn't mean you can't change or become successful. It means you will only change and become successful if that is what you truly want instead of just blindly giving into the wants of others.

@Roch Was it because you've seen someone or someone close to you who was authentic and was taken advantage of? and that hurt them?