LoveandPurpose

What are your new year's resolutions?

40 posts in this topic

@denydritz Yes it is important to first know the direction! I like that you want "good for everyone", keep it up! :)

How do you go about achieving this clarity/vision/purpose? I'm in the same position right now.

@TheAvatarState Oh many. Cold Showers, Deep Work, a strong work ethic, a morning routine, being more mindful, 8h of sleep, more self love to just name a few :) Oh and I'm also thinking about doing the NoFap challenge for the whole year

@ivankiss haha same :D I want to reach the next level this year, taking this path more seriously. What do you do to become Superhuman? B|

1 minute ago, LoveandPurpose said:

@ivankiss haha same :D I want to reach the next level this year, taking this path more seriously. What do you do to become Superhuman? B|

I am kicking ass at being here and now xD

It is the "when" and the "how" 9_9

@LoveandPurpose that's awesome! I'm going through similar lifestyle changes myself.

Might I suggest keeping a self-actualization journal on here, it's extremely helpful. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

38 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

It is the "when" and the "how" 9_9

What do you mean exactly? :D 

@TheAvatarState Oh nice! :) What changes do you want to make?

I'm writing a physical journal. Is there any pros to the self-actualization journal on here? :) 

I have a romantic notion of doing something different each month - to improve my commitment and focus.

This would involve just doing that one thing each month and nothing else! No Youtube, TV, blah blah blah. Obviously eating, bathing, holiday and going to work and seeing people are still in. Items on my list in no particular order are:

Jan: meditating, consciousness work, Tai-chi

Feb: learning more piano pieces/music production

Mar: buying a house (may take longer)

Apr: writing a book - any book

May: finding love (partner)

Jun: planning my escape from wage slavery/ life purpose/ more rewarding employment/ setting up business

Jul: artistic endeavours, sketching, computer art etc

Aug: running a half marathon, getting fit, gym, badminton etc

Sep: improving my social life and social skills, clubs, face to face meetups, Toastmasters? etc - no social media

Oct: learning to fly aircraft - that's a bit more out there though

Nov: helping/teaching/volunteering/mentoring others

Dec: world domination ;)

Happy new year! Hip hip.

All stories and explanations are false.

5 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

@TheAvatarState Oh nice! :) What changes do you want to make?

I'm writing a physical journal. Is there any pros to the self-actualization journal on here? :) 

For me personally, I'm on day 15 of my 90-day nofap reboot. I have mindfulness practices. I spend some time on this forum. And I bought Leo's life purpose course and am slowly working through that! So quite a lot of stuff.

The pros to an online journal are many. This is a supportive community of self-actualizers who can help you on the journey and keep you motivated. Accountability is huge. It's a lot easier to backslide if it's only you and your personal physical journal. I know, I've made so many false starts over the years. Also, your journey can help move other actualizers! It's all about sharing 

Sent from my iEgo

@LastThursday That's a very interesting approach I haven't heard before. :D I dig it! 

However, I think there are some downsides. You won't meditate besides january? What if you would have found the love of your life in february, but it wasn't the month of searching. ;) Don't you think some activies should always be done?

@TheAvatarState I love the effects of NoFap, but I always find myself more stressed after a while. Also, I suppress sexual urges, which leads to a blocking of flowing energy in my body. Any ideas on how to change that?

I also bought the LPC! :D I am so excited to complete it. You have any rough idea yet what your purpose could be?

Hmm the online journal sounds good, especially the accountability. I think when I have that in the back of my mind and also the support of other people with me, change is a lot easier. Do you have one?

@LoveandPurpose yes I have a couple. One for my thoughts and insights, one specifically for nofap.

I literally just started LPC a few days ago, so I have no idea. The first half of the course is just theory and watching other videos. 

Sent from my iEgo

1 hour ago, LastThursday said:

May: finding love (partner)

You can't really force that to happen in one month. What is it with may and love though? Every may something love related happens to me. Not kidding. Usually on the 16th.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

My resolution is to try new things 24 / 7 and learn as much knowledge and skills as possible. Going deep and broad like da vinci ;)

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

@LoveandPurpose I've read it takes 21 days to form a new habit. xD Either way, repetition is key.

For those saying not to wait until an arbitrary day to make a change, I completely agree, however the 'big' day is literally tomorrow -- so it's not much of a wait. Good luck to everyone with their goals.

On 31/12/2018 at 4:05 PM, LoveandPurpose said:

However, I think there are some downsides. You won't meditate besides january? What if you would have found the love of your life in february, but it wasn't the month of searching. ;) Don't you think some activies should always be done?

Yeah, I did think about the impracticalities of it. For me personally, it's about getting over my own inertia. I don't know if you've read the Mastery book, but I have a bit of a Hacker mentality. This means I constantly distract myself with lots of different things with the result that I never get anything done. Taking a month run-up is good amount of time to seriously get into something.

Also it's about working on all aspects of my life and not just spirituality. I'm keeping the order of things very flexible. I think I'll spend one day a month thinking about what I'm going to do the next month. Hopefully, all the months together will create some sort of synergy. Let's see what happens! I'll write it about it in my online journal.

Edited by LastThursday

On 31/12/2018 at 5:10 PM, Eric Tarpall said:

You can't really force that to happen in one month.

True, but I'm not going to force it. I'm just going to increase my chances. If it doesn't happen by the end of the month, then so be it, move on.

Attain perfect and complete enlightenment as quickly as is reasonably possible, for my own benefit and the benefit of all beings.

and keep my personal life together better than I did this last year during the inevitable future dark nights I’ll go through

oh and drink my green juice everydayxD

Edited by Bobby