LiakosN

Shamanic breathing makes me ffeel like shit

16 posts in this topic

I've been doing the shamanic breathing technique once per week for the last 8 months. I've started with 20 minutes and I am doing it 65 minutes currently.

The fact is that it makes me feel shit by the time i finish the session. OK, I feel very relaxed and in a meditative state, the monkey mind is less active, BUT for the next 2 days I feel depressed.

I am combining the shamanic breathing with some Reikian breathing techniques (once per week for 50 minutes)

Is this the way it is supposed to be? The resistance of the subconscious is huge. I literally feel sick!

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

@LiakosN Sounds like spiritual purging is happening. The depression should come in waves, coming and going. Not staying consistently.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@LiakosN sounds like you have no clue what you're doing. Random stuff with random consiquences.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@Leo Gura Yes! Sadness comes and goes. Why is this happening? I feel I am going back... 

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

I actually heard from my friend who tried it and did a bit of research on it, that it can be a bit dangerous, is that right or just a hoax? 

@Salvijus Indeed I have no idea of what I am doing.. I am using this method thought to clear my body from tension. 

Can you elaborate of what should I do.? What is the random stuff you are talking about? 

@bejapuskas Physically dangerous? 

8 minutes ago, LiakosN said:

@Leo Gura Yes! Sadness comes and goes. Why is this happening? I feel I am going back... 

See my video: The Dark Side Of Meditation

This was all explained.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Listen to your intuition. I did my own version of Stanislov grofs “shamanic breathing” with another technique. It served me well up until a point, but at a certain point it was time to move on. Maybe move on to a more natural practice. Not as forced, and technique heavy until you deal with your current issues.

@LiakosN Yes, actually physically dangerous, but I don't know, if it's true or not... I mean, anything is physically dangerous if you do too much of it, right, but some things should be especially taken care of. What do you think @Leo Gura ?

6 hours ago, LiakosN said:

I've been doing the shamanic breathing technique once per week for the last 8 months. I've started with 20 minutes and I am doing it 65 minutes currently.

The fact is that it makes me feel shit by the time i finish the session. OK, I feel very relaxed and in a meditative state, the monkey mind is less active, BUT for the next 2 days I feel depressed.

I am combining the shamanic breathing with some Reikian breathing techniques (once per week for 50 minutes)

Is this the way it is supposed to be? The resistance of the subconscious is huge. I literally feel sick!

Continue doing it until you clear the body and make it more fluid, more malleable. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I used to do a static meditation every day for 10min when I first got into spirituality, even did 30min to one hour sessions here and there, nowadays I do a static meditation once in a rare occasion, it happens completely unplanned for a random amount of time from 5 minutes to 1 hour and Im good to go for a couple of weeks to more then a month, I get WAY more out of less meditation which leaves time for new practices (note that most of my meditation is throughout the day dynamically)

Time" itself is fluid, the more conscious and present you are, the deeper time dissolves,what amounts to a 65minute practice for you 2 months ago, may be as long and lasting as 3 hours for you now, 3 hours in 65 minutes because you are very conscious in that particular practice

Doing a practice for 'x minutes' every 'y days' is already obvious that half of your awareness is robotic and fully asleep, not in the moment, not feeling whats happening

This is fine for people who begin with a practice and are not advanced in spirituality and inner feeling, but I expect after 8 months its time to go off on your own and be fully awakened to your practice and know to do it when really needed

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

@LiakosN

Maybe you’ve just been asleep, unconscious, doing some lower conscious things that you don’t want to keep doing. Then you decided to do something about this. ??The practicing might be increasing awareness. When awareness increases, it does so in whole, or, accross everything. So, more awareness of the enjoyable things, no problem. But becoming more aware of things you’re doing that you don’t want to do, or becoming more aware of negative self talk that you are tired of - that feels depressing. 

Why?

As you continue to practice, you continue to raise awareness. With more awareness, you’re not going to keep those unconscious conditioned behaviors going. So, they are going to stop. They are a part of you, and when you stop repeating them, that part of you starts dying. Nobody, and not even a repetitive part of anybody - dies without a fight. We are programmed to survive. 

The depression is like mourning. Like something is actually dying.   Let it die. 

Why?

Cause love is what’s “pushing it out”, or “purifying you”. Love fills in where that action or behavior dies. 

Why’s it gotta suck so bad though?

You’re being brave. You are caring about yourself, more than you were. You’re facing the fear. If it was easy, everybody would do it. Almost nobody does it though. But you are. There’s some beliefs you identified with about yourself. They were never true. They didn’t feel good. Let love clean em out. 

Remember - the practices are not causing the suffering. You were already suffering, that’s why you started practices. So stick with it. You’re already suffering - get something out of it. Don’t quit. 

One day, I promise you, somebody will be suffering in exactly the same way. There are only two outcomes. You went through it, so you know, and you can help them - even if it’s just the knowing, the conviction in your voice which they sense and think - well, if he could do it, maybe I could to. 

The other option is, you quit. And you don’t know. 

The breathing might be the right practice, another might be better, I don’t know - but the bigger picture here is, you’re done with somethin. You had enough and you’re doing something about it. I know it’s hard, but don’t quit. You are worth it. 

Don’t settle for ‘depressed’ either. Really let go. Scream, cry, yell, do push ups - whatever. But, let it out. Love is on the way, you will see. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I tried it yesterday for the first time, but after 8 minutes I felt intense pain in my arteries around my elbows, so I stopped. Is it normal for this to happen or was it correct to stop doing the exercise? I want to get back to it after a week. :) 

Buy book Holotropic Breathwork from Stanislav Grof 

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

@bejapuskas if you feel pain just move your hands and feet. The pain shall go away