Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ampresus

I have so much free time right now and I don't know what to do

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I know this topic might sound stupid for some people; some people already know what they would do if they had so much free time. As many already know: the christmas break has begun. I got 2 weeks of free time.

Let me tell you what I usually do everyday:
I meditate everyday for 30 mins
I read my books everyday
Every Friday I have 45 min shamanic breathing sessions
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday I go to the gym

I am planning to:
Visit an Osho meditation centre
Do something useful in my free time

You see: Now that I have so much free time, I don't know what to do. I can try finding my Life Purpose, but I don't know where to exactly start. Am I supposed to buy the Life Purpose and finish it in 2 weeks? Am I supposed to look up Life Purpose quizzes on the internet? Am I supposed to watch all videos related to Life Purpose on YT? I am struggling here as you can see.

Recently I have been watching/listening on Podcast (that is an app on the iPhone) to Leo's videos. From ''How To Get Started With Self Actualization - Over 40 Techniques'' to ''Subtle Addictions''. I can try to look up as much theory about meditation, yoga, contemplating or whatever and do as many techniques as possible. I just don't know if that is how I should engage in this work.

I don't like to read 2 or more books at the same time. I am about to start with reading a book about the Ego. Yes that is right, the very thing that makes me write this in the first place (I think). I can't really read a book about the Ego while reading about Life Purpose, different yoga techniques, different meditation techniques or whatever. That is why all my sources, if I would want to educate myself on various techniques, would be from the internet. And if that is a good thing... I don't know.

Last note: I am 14 years old. Yeah that is right. I don't know if I should do this work or just game. I know that gaming isn't the wisest thing to do when I have so much free time. I just don't know what else to do.

Edited by Ampresus

2 hours ago, Ampresus said:

Hello everyone. I know this topic might sound stupid for some people; some people already know what they would do if they had so much free time. As many already know: the christmas break has begun. I got 2 weeks of free time.

Let me tell you what I usually do everyday:
I meditate every day for 30 mins
I read my books for everyday
Every Friday I have 45 min shamanic breathing sessions
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday I go to the gym

I am planning to:
Visit an Osho meditation centre
Do something useful in my free time

You see: Now that I have so much free time, I don't know what to do. I can try finding my Life Purpose, but I don't know where to exactly start. Am I supposed to buy the Life Purpose and finish it in 2 weeks? Am I supposed to look up Life Purpose quizzes on the internet? Am I supposed to watch all videos related to Life Purpose on YT? I am struggling here as you can see.

Recently I have been watching/listening on Podcast (that is an app on the iPhone) to Leo's videos. From ''How To Get Started With Self Actualization - Over 40 Techniques'' to ''Subtle Addictions''. I can try to look up as much theory about meditation, yoga, contemplating or whatever and do as many techniques as possible. I just don't know if that is how I should engage in this work.

I don't like to read 2 or more books at the same time. I am about to start with reading a book about the Ego. Yes that is right, the very thing that makes me write this in the first place (I think). I can't really read a book about the Ego while reading about Life Purpose, different yoga techniques, different meditation techniques or whatever. That is why all my sources, if I would want to educate myself on various techniques, would be from the internet. And if that is a good thing... I don't know.

Last note: I am 14 years old. Yeah that is right. I don't know if I should do this work or just game. I know that gaming isn't the wisest thing to do when I have so much free time. I just don't know what else to do.

Disconnect from the digital world and find bliss in connecting the Heart with the source. There, is no more boredom, even if you are hungry :)

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

10 hours ago, DavidK said:

Do you have a life purpose figured out? 

@DavidK No I haven't

22 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

connecting the Heart with the source

@Hellspeed I am sorry, but I thought that the Heart is the source? Please correct me if I am wrong. Or if there is any wrong at this point at all.

Edited by Ampresus

@Ampresus You could definitely increase your meditation time per day. If you've got nothing else to do try and do 2 hours a day? It might seems like a lot at first, but you'll quickly get used to it. Aside from that, just enjoy the free time! Don't always be looking to fill it up.

Also, if your only 14 don't get too hung up on finding your life purpose. Do keep it in mind though, and be thinking about it. That alone will be extremely beneficial. I wish someone had told me that when I was 14. 

Just keep studying the material that Leo teaches, continue reading as you do, and in a few years you'll be light years ahead of your peers. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Space Thanks for your response man. Is it oke to do like seperate meditation sessions a day? I am trying to build up from 30 min to 1 hour and doing 2 hours in one session would be way too much for me to handle. So would just 30 min per session be oke (and then like 4 sessions per day, so I still get to meditate 2 hours, just not in one session)?

41 minutes ago, Ampresus said:

@Space Thanks for your response man. Is it oke to do like seperate meditation sessions a day? I am trying to build up from 30 min to 1 hour and doing 2 hours in one session would be way too much for me to handle. So would just 30 min per session be oke (and then like 4 sessions per day, so I still get to meditate 2 hours, just not in one session)?

Do whatever feels right for you. But I would say that longer sittings, atleast 45 minutes, are more beneficial. Then again, a sloppy 45 minutes is worse than 30 minutes of good focused meditation. I wasn't saying to do 2 hours in one sitting. If you find 30 minutes easy to do, try doing more. Just remember to be mindful through the suffering (boredom and physical pain) that usually comes with longer sits.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Choose a skill and master it. What do you love to do and how can you use it to help other people?

Get the #1 Productivity Hack for 2019 (That no one knows about) Get it Here!

You can essentially break life down into several categories: Relationships, hobbies and recreation, health, spirituality, career and education. Where do you feel the least content? I feel like I have a pretty full life with yoga, making music, hanging out with friends, eating healthy, investing in my career, and meditation.

Edited by ivory

On 23.12.2018 at 10:41 AM, Ampresus said:

@Hellspeed I am sorry, but I thought that the Heart is the source? Please correct me if I am wrong. Or if there is any wrong at this point at all.

The source is everything, everyone, nothing at the same time, the whole. 

So the connection to source is done with the Heart and Plexus in sync with oneself and everything. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

How about nothing? :D

Edited by Privet