The White Belt

Forgetfulness

7 posts in this topic

What are a some effective strategies to overcome forgetfulness? 

I can endeavour to do something, like for example practice mindfulness at work, and after a couple of weeks or so, just sort of remember that I made that intention and stopped following it somewhere along the line.

Also, does forgetfulness count as an ego backlash? If you think yes, please explain why you think so.

Thanks!

Edited by The White Belt
Typo

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

19 minutes ago, The White Belt said:

I can endeavour to do something, like for example practice mindfulness at work, and after a couple of weeks or so, just sort of remember that I made that intention and stopped following it somewhere along the line.

you can use an alarm clock that rings every x minutes to remind you to check if you slipped out of mindfulness.

19 minutes ago, The White Belt said:

Also, does forgetfulness count as an ego backlash?

Not necessarily. Only if 'I'-'my'-'mine' makes itself felt as if being true.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

With diligent practice this will improve. I know it seems like an impossible mission right now, but as you advance in the mindfulness practice, you start to notice very clearly that you go through some quantum-leap like improvements. 

It will get easier. I will be eventually effortless. 

Good luck!

Forgetfulness is part of the process. Mukti talks about it, but she has a more loving approach to it. For me "ego backlash" sounds like a harsh judgment. 

As you step out of your previous paradigm your mind becomes disoriented, it doesn't know anymore what is important, what to keep in mind, so of course it forgets things. Just use some reminders, don't worry about it too much. :)

follow the path until forgetfulness isn't a point anymore. 

this problem will solve itself. you may trust

On 21.12.2018 at 0:54 PM, The White Belt said:

Also, does forgetfulness count as an ego backlash? If you think yes, please explain why you think so.

Thanks!

We forget because we don't stay in the rabbit hole. Conquer the rabbit hole and all the memories of your life are there and even all existance. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.