Rilles

An Interesting Mindfuck

26 posts in this topic

So some people think the universe is finite, some think its infinite. What if youre sleeping at night and then you start dreaming, in the dreamworld; is the plain of existence infinite?

If you say no where would the limit be? In a dream you could change the limit right? Since Its your dream!

If you say yes then that means that the dream is bigger than the universe itself, if you believe the universe is finite that is.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

4 minutes ago, Yousef said:

Everything is infinite.  There is nothing can be finite.  Because we can (theoretically) zoom in or slice the finite for infinity.  Take a 10 cm ruler. .you can slice it to infinity. .and every single slice can also be further  sliced to infinity   .theoretically. .  A 10 cm ruler  is infinitely infinite ! . 

I agree, nothing wrong with some further postulating though;) 

AF8F39CB-93B6-45C5-9262-1EAB50007F23.gif

@Rilles The way that I see things, reality is finite. There is only the now. The past and future are actually just images in our heads. And right now, without any thoughts, there is nothing. What I can say for sure is that the ‘idea’ of infinity is wrong. When you think about infinity, whatever comes to your head is wrong. The true infinity is nothing. That is what I have direct experience of right now.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

It's neither infinite nor finite, it's both and neither. 

I love the quote by Bodhidharma: "A Buddha is not a buddha."

You cannot reach this truth by thinking about it, but if you like thinking then you should keep trying.

A good friend of mine said that trying to understand this is like a cucumber trying to explain the gardner.

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

@Yousef infinite forms is an idea. External reality always has one form only: the form that you’re seeing right now.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Yousef It doesn’t change. At every moment, whatever you’re seeing is it. Everything else is an idea. What it was a second ago is now just an idea. It doesn’t change as long as you don’t believe your thoughts.

11 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

It's neither infinite nor finite, it's both and neither. 

I love the quote by Bodhidharma: "A Buddha is not a buddha."

You cannot reach this truth by thinking about it, but if you like thinking then you should keep trying.

A good friend of mine said that trying to understand this is like a cucumber trying to explain the gardner.

I know, Im just having fun, i enjoy it for what it is, the I AM cannot be spoken of :P

35 minutes ago, Yousef said:

Everything is infinite.  There is nothing can be finite.  Because we can (theoretically) zoom in or slice the finite for infinity.  Take a 10 cm ruler. .you can slice it to infinity. .and every single slice can also be further  sliced to infinity   .theoretically. .  A 10 cm ruler  is infinitely infinite ! . 

Maybe from mathematical sense as a number. However, take ruler but you get yourself up to plank length ;) so not infinite yet.

@Yousef change requires time. Can you not see that? 

A video is just a large set of pictures, set in time. In the now, there is only a picture. That is a good anecdote.

When I processed existence I become a photon that traveled zero length and appeared and disappeared at the same time :) . 

@Rilles is the limit not your field of awareness? Do you really think a child is objectively bouncing a ball in the next town over, and if only you were able to fly over, you'd see it? You render the experience. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

3 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Rilles is the limit not your field of awareness? Do you really think a child is objectively bouncing a ball in the next town over, and if only you were able to fly over, you'd see it? You render the experience. 

So I render it to infinity... thats so cool... I want an awakening now:( ego feel sad :(

:D

@Rilles that's in the dream, at least, because you're the only thing conscious in the dream. Think of minecraft, as you move through the world it gets rendered, and the next village over doesn't exist until it's a certain number of chunks away. 

Now what if the very fabric of waking reality is consciousness? If everything was directly rendered and aware of itself, even deep space? If we're in a giant, connected mind? Think of your dream, but make a huge recontextualization, that you could simultaneously inhabit several perspectives, but the ultimate viewpoint is nonduality.

Sent from my iEgo

@Yousef sort of. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think nonduality is the infinity perspective, containing all other perspectives. But the word perspective kind of breaks down here, because a perspective requires something to perceive it. All perspectives are fundamentally partial. But nonduality is itself, it can't go outside itself to view itself. It created itself. So it's not so much a perspective as it is all of reality. That's why you need a direct experience of nonduality, because it can't be grasped only from the mind. 

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState Have you had a strong Awakening? You seem to know what youre talking about... :) I like it...

@Rilles HA! Well thank you, sometimes I feel like I blabbing monkey spewing nonsense (which could be the case), but then I look back at the work and experiences I've had so far... And then I get a peaceful feeling. Because that stuff actually happened, and there can be no doubt about it. Well, I constantly doubt what I already take as knowledge, as every actualizer should, but every time I go back it's immediately obvious that this is at least closer the way it is; that the paradigm I used to subscribe to has such obvious flaws. 

I hardly know anything, but I AM starting to get a clearer big-picture scope of reality. This work will lead you there. And like Leo has said, that's the most important part to get right. 

I've had a few awakening experiences so far, but I have yet to have a complete nondual experience. I have plans of taking 5-meo next summer as a tool to help me with that :D

Sent from my iEgo

19 minutes ago, Yousef said:

@TheAvatarState not to sound silly. ..but ...also a perspective. .you can't escape. !

Try to understand. It's the perspective that can't be "perspectived." Because it's by definition the cumulation of all, including the one your thinking right now. The mind can conceptualize it as a perspective, but that is an aping. Nonduality is not a perspective. If it was, who or what would be perceiving it? And a perspective, by definition, is a singular point of view! Also notice that the mind can only hold one perspective at a time. 

Sent from my iEgo

Dreams are finite. 

And imagination is finite.

Dreaming is just past impressions. You can't dream objects you never saw. it's always something that you saw and combination of data that you collected.

Second thing is. 

Dreams are physical. Thoughts are physical. Emotions are physical. And physical is not infinity. It's always finite. It always has a boundary.

Edited by Salvijus

One who cannot dance cannot live. Because life is dance

16 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Dreams are finite. 

And imagination is finite.

Dreaming is just past impressions. You can't dream objects you never saw. it's always something that you saw and combination of data that you collected.

Second thing is. 

Dreams are physical. Thoughts are physical. Emotions are physical. And physical is not infinity. It's always finite. It always has a boundary.

i wasnt talking about the content of the dream, i meant the space which the dream occurs,

have you ever realized that from naive realism’s point of view you are literally experiencing and walking around inside your head while youre sleeping? do you realize how absurd it is? what is imagination made of? how do you know reality is not imagination right now? because you hurt your hand when you punch a wall? you hurt your hand in a dream too

Edited by Rilles