Cortex

What Is Outside The Universe

14 posts in this topic

Or I should say what is outside the area of the universe that we know, it surely must be infinite, there is no end, behind the end there would always be someting, reality is just infinite

@Cortex you're thinking of the universe as a physical plane of existence. That's an illusion. This isn't something the mind can really grasp (sort of), but it's always going to be an ideology until you have direct nondual experience. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

The absolute is the absolute. If what you're thinking of can have something outside of it, it's not the absolute. What is outside of this universe kind of depends on what you mean by it. Perhaps another different universe

16 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Cortex you're thinking of the universe as a physical plane of existence. That's an illusion. This isn't something the mind can really grasp (sort of), but it's always going to be an ideology until you have direct nondual experience. 

What is it? Dreamstuff? How far could you go if you were in a dream? Could you go on in that space forever? Now thats a mindfuck...:P

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles infinitely far. Infinitely up, infinitely down. What do you think quarks are made of? Are they impenetrable building blocks of all matter? That's as far as they go? How does it not make any sense to not zoom further? And up into the cosmos? A literal infinite universe. If what scientists say is true, and there was a big bang and it's been expanding for 14 billion years, then that's not infinite, is it? It's still trapped in the illusion of spacetime. What happens if you go beyond the "bubble" that scientists seem to believe in? Infinite nothingness? Or a quark in another universe?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Universe Is Absolutely Infinite, Everything Is Infinite 

17 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

Isn't the universe being made out of consciousness (not as a physical plane of existence) also an ideology until you have had a direct experience of it? It surely better to go into it as a hypothesis that maybe it is maybe it isn't until you have that experience otherwise you also make it into an ideology

I of course don't take it as just an idealogy but as a fact

@Cortex *The edge of the universe is where your body ends.*

Think about it, the real edge of the universe is only percieved as the end of perception, where the body ends the unknowing begins.