theking00

Can I be happy without having a girlfriend.

10 posts in this topic

You can always be a celibate.

No obligation of having a girlfriend.

Can you be happy without a girlfriend? Well that is a question for yourself rather than others is it not? We don't know you, but I'll humor you with my own experience. I'm currently in my early 20s and have never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl. Does that make me frustrated? Yes it does, however, does that limit my ability to be happy? No. Happiness like all human emotions come and go; they are not constant. Currently I'm in college and don't have a job, so my education comes first before a girl, however, if the opportunity for it comes a long I'll take it. If you see more suffering than not you should make it a mission for yourself to clean up whatever is stopping you from getting a girlfriend and go get one. However, like I mentioned before emotions are fleeting once you get one I'm sure the feelings will begin to fade with time. That isn't me trying to dissuade you or be pessimistic. Relationships are overhyped much of the time, but can be a very enjoyable experience with avenues for growth. You don't need to have had one to see that. Like I said originally figure it out yourself, you're the only one who can.

this is personalized question and you should contemplate it yourself...im in the same boat never had a girlfriend and im frustrated sometimes and if it makes me unhappy its because im in agreement with myself that i wont be happy unless i get a girlfriend. i can also have an agreement that says i can be happy without a girlfriend

check this out to find out more:what are agreements? and how they take away our power

its by gary warmerdam 

You decide!

Didn't you watch Leo's video on happiness? your happiness is contingent upon your conditions for happiness.

Nothing wrong with saying, having an intimate relationship adds to my life

nothing wrong with saying, having an intimate relationship does not add to my life.

A better question you may want to ask is what do you value?

Edited by SgtPepper

Most of the happiest people on earth are single ;) The illusion of an "other" making it seem that he/she brings you happiness is just that, a pure illusion. Once you break free from this illusion and find love and peace within yourself you will be happier than ever. The mirror will not smile unless you smile first.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

this quote

2 minutes ago, pluto said:

The mirror will not smile unless you smile first.

Yes. But maybe, life with the right partner can be lifechanging for some. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 12/14/2018 at 0:48 PM, pluto said:

Most of the happiest people on earth are single ;) The illusion of an "other" making it seem that he/she brings you happiness is just that, a pure illusion. Once you break free from this illusion and find love and peace within yourself you will be happier than ever. The mirror will not smile unless you smile first.

I am understand what you said, at least  at theorial level.but why  am I still unhappy often?