Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,793 posts in this topic

Screenshot_20220603-185452.png

Piece of crap trac phone I'm using at the moment. 

Funny Farside cartoon I remember from years ago,,,

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
add commentary

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

What A.H. Almaas refers to as the Diamond Guidance in his Teaching.   The sixth chakra and third eye,,,,

Excerpts from the Glossary I like,,

Spacecrusier Inquiry,, Great book!

Feeling the Presence of the Diamond Guidance

Usually the Diamond Guidance operates as a presence in the center of the forehead. When it arises in support of discrimination and understanding, we become aware of an expansion as space opens up in the forehead. With that expansion comes a sense of peacefulness; the Black aspect at the center of the forehead opens and we feel stillness and spaciousness. When the Diamond Guidance arises in this peacefulness, we feel a delicate presence, a pulsating energy that possesses a sense of clarity and transparency, an intelligence, an illumination. This delicate, pulsing, breathing presence appears as understanding, as insight, as intuition. As the forehead opens, we feel the Diamond Guidance as a tingling, an energetic throbbing – but very soft, very delicate, very subtle. If we are not attuned, we might dismiss it as just a physical twitch. Or if there is a lot of blockage, as is often the case in the early stages of the development, the diamond might feel hard. Due to the blockage it can’t get through, so it feels almost like a rock. But if we are relaxed and open, we feel it as a softness, a delicacy.

Spacecruiser Inquiry, pg. 226

Guidance is the Magnifying Lens of Being

The Diamond Guidance is the discriminating intelligence of the optimizing thrust, the guiding intelligence that specifically reveals through the recognition of what is being revealed. There is a dynamic interaction between this Guidance and love, an interaction related to the optimizing force of Being. Love is the energy of the dynamism that displays the truth, while Guidance is the magnifying lens of Being that helps us to recognize what is being displayed. Furthermore, the Guidance is the discriminating intelligence that opens the way for love to display the truth. The two things need to happen together for there to be a revelation …

Spacecruiser Inquiry, pg. 140

The Angel of Revelation

In other traditions, the Diamond Guidance is sometimes called the angel of revelation, the holy spirit that brings the word or message from the source. It is the angel that guides us to Beingness that is our ground, our nature, our source. It is the true friend, the total friend, because the Guidance’s only concern is for you as a soul to go back to your source, to be who and what you can be, with total acceptance, total support, total guidance, total kindness. The soul needs to place herself in the right attitude for this kind of blessing to come. You have to do the work of correctly orienting yourself. Basically this means harmonizing your consciousness with the mode of presence and operation of the Guidance. This is what we are exploring when we discuss inquiry – the right orientation, the right posture, the ways of being and functioning that will invite the Guidance.

Spacecruiser Inquiry, pg. 223

I got this rather cryptic quote from A Course In Miracles. Below it is a bit of the preface which I cut and pasted. I'll leave the link if anyone wants to read more of it.

"There are no triumphs of love. ²Only hate is at all concerned with the “triumph of love.” ³The illusion of love can triumph over the illusion of hate, but always at the price of making both illusions."
(ACIM, T-16.IV.5:1-3)

Sin is defined as “lack of love” (T-1.IV.3:1). Since love is all there is, sin in the sight of the Holy Spirit is a mistake to be corrected, rather than an evil to be punished. Our sense of inadequacy, weakness and incompletion comes from the strong investment in the “scarcity principle” that governs the whole world of illusions. From that point of view, we seek in others what we feel is wanting in ourselves. We “love” another in order to get something ourselves. That, in fact, is what passes for love in the dream world. There can be no greater mistake than that, for love is incapable of asking for anything. (ACIM, Preface.7:1-7),,,,,,,,,

Forgiveness is the means by which we will remember. Through forgiveness the thinking of the world is reversed. The forgiven world becomes the gate of Heaven, because by its mercy we can at last forgive ourselves. Holding no one prisoner to guilt, we become free. Acknowledging Christ in all our brothers, we recognize His Presence in ourselves. Forgetting all our misperceptions, and with nothing from the past to hold us back, we can remember God. Beyond this, learning cannot go. When we are ready, God Himself will take the final step in our return to Him. (ACIM, Preface.14:1-8)

from; https://acim.org/acim/preface/what-it-says/en/s/43?wid=toc

If you in a bad mood

make up a silly song

One that justs goes along

singsong sing along

rhymes right or wrong

I see you 

you see me

we go pee

then we go

he he he

Te he he

ho ho ho

and away we go

from where we flowed

Enjoying the simple things in life. Return to Ordinary Idiot ever so often,,,

A crucial element in being awake

Do you discern the difference between sensing and feeling?

Vive la différence,,,

When you pray (meditate), do so with your whole body and be completely there.

Let's be real reactive now

Of course responding consciously is always the preferred and more beneficial way juxtaposed to the reactivity that comes from our untamed animal selves.

The village Idiot is a wild card Joker and there are many varieties of them. Whatever town or metropolis you live in or nearby.  Everyone takes their turn in this almost inevitable kind of reactivity. The crucial element in evolving is always the return to the state and station of Ordinary Idiot. Sometimes crow is served up by one's own hand, to be eaten. Sometimes not.

Not all instances of return to Ordinary Idiot requires an apology to another Idiot or Egonaut.  The freedom attained in apologizing to another and the forgiveness that comes from your own heart boosts its capacity for emanating. Forgiving yourself is vital. Forgiving another, when necessary, keeps you from hating yourself.

Don't bury your hatred like a self deceptive Zen Devil. And the nature of self deception being what it is, makes for a huge hurtle. No matter your essence or personality type.

Say for instance you find yourself feeling betrayed in some way. Then becoming reactive you hit your uncle with a charred hamburger patty and you scream at your favorite Aunt that she's a goddamn cu** from hell. It's unlikely that you suddenly recognize your foolishness and say, "Oh my goodness! Look at how badly I have erred and behaved. Let us sit in meditation or hold hands and pray."  Usually it will take at least a day or so of reflection, pondering, and more importantly a period of some deep sleep with good REM cycles.

I'm a Mars/jovial/solar (adrenal dominant) endocrine type. So I've had these unfortunate events happen to me that puts me into the category of raging asshole hypocrite at times. 

Don't be a torture to yourself and others by acting constantly like an  egonaut or an objectively hopeless Idiot. When you can, try to remember yourself and eat crow as soon as you can do so sincerely.

with love, 

Authentic Idiot sometimes aka Zigzag Idiot

Good quotes on the phenomena of hatred-

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/hatred

A excerpt from one of Cynthia Bourgeault’s online courses which is an excerpt from the Teachings brought forward by the mystic George Gurdjieff.

Fifth Striving: "The striving always to assist the most rapid perfecting of other beings, both those similar to oneself and those of other forms, up to the degree of the sacred Martfotai, that is, up to the degree of self-individuality." 

The fifth striving may be one of the hardest as it places us in the position of a Teacher. Teaching can take many roles, from being a good parent, to sharing in a group, to being a guru with hundreds of disciples. Listen to your conscience and find your niche. As with every path of action, ego presents the greatest obstacle.  Ego is like a stick with two ends.  One end is the arrogant self-aggrandizing character, and the other is the meek self-deprecating character.  What they have in common is their focus on the egoic self : "I am so great" or "I am so nothing."  True humility balances the two and is the only place where selfless action  can occur.  Most of those who avoid the responsibility to teach use the egoic "I am so nothing" excuse. 

Do not underestimate your capabilities and do not be afraid to make a few mistakes. Teaching is the best way to learn. "When the Teacher is ready, the students appear."

“Teaching is the best way to learn.“ -

This is a statement which is also echoed in A Course in Miracles.

ACIM and the Teachings brought forward by Gurdjieff are stressing the metaphorical interpretations of the New Testament.

Acquired conscience vs. Awakened conscience

I'm full of bullshit sometimes and I'm okay with that. Because it doesn't matter,

If I wasn't okay with my periodic bullshit ways. I would be divided against myself.

I try not to dismiss or justify my errors but sometimes I probably do. When I err and it causes someone else offence or hardship I try to sit with it and cook. Remorse of conscience informs me and does so properly.

The self sustained stain of guilt is a perpetual vicious circle. It's a worthless burden put on mankind by dogmatic religions.  It's my experience that guilt blocks the awakening of conscience. So self forgiveness is a necessity and also to see what you don't like in others is also within oneself most often. When it's noticed. Everything is cancelled out.

To borrow a line from Rob Brezney. "My morality is always on the verge of collapsing".  My automaton or animal is an absolute slut.

Guilt is often mixed with acquired conscience. Acquired conscience changes over time and is different between different cultures. This is our conditioning and super ego. Our internalized critic that doesn't come from our inner self but rather an auto-pilot critic from childhood conditioning. We should show kindness towards our elders because even though they had a hand in our conditioning; they've carried this burden longer than us younger folk. Awakened conscience is different and is the same in all awakened people. The 'language of the smile' is a cousin to awakened conscience. Awakened conscience is the intelligence of the Cosmos. It's the golden rule. Do unto others as you would want to be treated.

We're all fools and a variety of them as well. A ship of fools is my so called "I".

Make yourself vulnerable and Insecure people will mock you sometimes. This can grow you. Forgive yourself as needed.

If anyone does you wrong and makes you angry. Forgive them so you won't hate yourself.

Over and out. See you later alligator,,,

It's been hitting 100 degrees Fahrenheit for the last week. All the vegetation is going dormant. I'm doing a lot of laundry because I sweat -out so many changes of clothes. My I-phone survived going through the washing machine! I couldn't believe that it still worked.

I've been putting off replacing my Subaru windshield for over a year. Gonna take care of that tomorrow. Living large ,,, ya know. Life in the fast lane,,,,,

Hyperbolic rhetoric or rhetorical hyperbole. That's how my grandmother communicated. It defines my style of writing at times. I come by it honestly. In person though, I'm pretty deadpan.

Let go he reminds.

He’s been putting out quite a bit lately on his Patreon channel.

I paraphrase Almaas- -  Don’t reach conclusions and avoid becoming miserable.

I’ve had a flu like sickness overwhelm me. I lay here in bed with fever,  chills and aches. It may be Covid. I don’t know. It seems like it takes a great effort to type anything out. 
I love you.

This happens often whenever I’m in pain. I get weepy and tend to be overly expressive and emotional. But definitely not expressed loudly. 
I love you. Whoever I see or think about,,,,,, It’s probably awkward to read. For some anyway.

E3DCD7E4-A017-42B2-BA04-0AEF5336B7FD.jpeg

This is in the spirit of my previous post.

I reserve the right to tell you that I love you. Maybe even with tear filled eyes thinking of how precious life is. Then in half an hour tell you what a son of a bitch you are.

All of us are this way. We’re naturally multidimensional and not necessarily bipolar. Don’t worry about your self image.

Just have your being.

I try to observe my preachiness. It’s not meant that way.

I trusted a fart earlier and shit on myself TMI I know. Not to mention gross.
I know it sounds dramatic but It’s possible I may die sometime soon. I hope not. I keep it an aim to stay in contact with lightheartedness. Physical suffering makes it difficult.

I get similar reactions when I'm sick with fever-like symptoms, where emotions come up (and also is like little bits of me are dying but feel good at the same time)

I hope you feel better soon!

Edited by Myioko

:)@MuadDib @Myioko

Thank you!

I guess I have some questions first and foremost, why do you feel like you're going to die in your 50's?  People often live to their 70-90's.  What's going on dude?  Are you sick?  And if so, is there anything that you need?  I follow your journal sometimes.  I remember you mentioning a few times you felt as if you were close to passing.  Whatever happens, keep us updated, I hope you feel better.  <3

And, I have some experience with the afterlife and know without a doubt it will be a super fun, marvelous place.  Maybe those who have a proclivity for it can go to some tavern in the afterlife, when we are all free and happy and carefree and have a mug of ambrosia?  I hear it tastes as sweet as honey, but gets you drunk as a skunk.

All the best.

-Annie

Thank you Annie for wishing me well. That's appreciated. I see that attribute missing in a great deal of the population, Too many people are just interested in putting themselves above others no matter the cost of becoming asleep to their own conscience. I make no claims of purity or being good except for irreverent bullshit hyperbole I spout every now and then. My being is always in flux and I try to remember my Self (capital S or Higher Self) some would call it. As often as I can.

I do feel quite a bit better this morning. With the covid pandemic and feeling so terrible. It just triggers that fear or possibility. 

My father passed on when he was 66 yrs old from kidney cancer. When he passed I just set that as my possible time of departure. He pushed himself in the extreme attempting his life aims. Though I haven't accomplished as much as he, we have much in common. I don't take care of myself, eat badly and have been exposed to carcinogens to an outrageous degree. In the number thereof and volume.

Given the commonality of our genetics, me and my father. I placed my departure from this planet at 66 years old just to add some sobriety to my overall perspective instead of thinking I'm going to life forever. At almost 55, this gives me 11 years hypothetically and quite arbitrary too I suppose. I don't want to be caught off guard. When my day comes, I want to be ready for it. Maybe even enthusiastic for the oncoming event.

Hope your day is good,,,

David

On 8/11/2022 at 6:35 AM, Zigzag Idiot said:

Thank you Annie for wishing me well. That's appreciated. I see that attribute missing in a great deal of the population, Too many people are just interested in putting themselves above others no matter the cost of becoming asleep to their own conscience. I make no claims of purity or being good except for irreverent bullshit hyperbole I spout every now and then. My being is always in flux and I try to remember my Self (capital S or Higher Self) some would call it. As often as I can.

You're welcome David!  I see it missing in a large portion of the population as well, but I have hopes that it will change in the future.  Some areas of the world are not like that at all, it seems to be a mostly western problem.  I think that as we begin to see the importance of community and working together as a species that the rough individualism will settle down a bit and we will all have the best of both worlds.

I do feel quite a bit better this morning. With the covid pandemic and feeling so terrible. It just triggers that fear or possibility. 

That's good, so sorry to hear you weren't feeling well.

My father passed on when he was 66 yrs old from kidney cancer. When he passed I just set that as my possible time of departure. He pushed himself in the extreme attempting his life aims. Though I haven't accomplished as much as he, we have much in common. I don't take care of myself, eat badly and have been exposed to carcinogens to an outrageous degree. In the number thereof and volume.

Oh no, I am sorry to hear that, that's so young.  I see, I understand, too.  I haven't lived the healthiest lifestyle and I have an autoimmune disease that could possibly eat up a large portion of my years on this planet, it's hard to know because it fluctuates in degree of symptoms.
Do you feel that this lifestyle is taking its toll on your health right now?

Given the commonality of our genetics, me and my father. I placed my departure from this planet at 66 years old just to add some sobriety to my overall perspective instead of thinking I'm going to life forever. At almost 55, this gives me 11 years hypothetically and quite arbitrary too I suppose. I don't want to be caught off guard. When my day comes, I want to be ready for it. Maybe even enthusiastic for the oncoming event.

I get that, I like to plan ahead, too.  I feel I will probably leave this world in my 50's and do a lot of premature planning, just so that there are no surprises when it happens.  11 years is still a good long while, and who knows, maybe God will give you a few more years?  Sometimes people who live unhealthy lifestyles manage to beat the odds and live a really long time, but I can certainly see the benefits of getting yourself emotionally/psychologically ready for the big sleep.

In my experience, there will be things to look forward to when the time comes.  I think each person gets their own individualized experiences so I don't wanna put mine off onto you, but death is/will be a warm, connected and peaceful experience once a certain threshold is crossed. 

6 hours ago, Loba said:

Do you feel that this lifestyle is taking its toll on your health right now?

In the 1990’s my father transitioned his ever-present side business from hardwood sawmill to that of sawmill equipment manufacturing. During this time I painted a lot of the equipment and breathed way too many acrylic enamel paint fumes and thinner. I also took care of a couple of cow herds during this time.  Besides smoking 2 pack of Camel light per day for around 15 years, I also sprayed a lot of herbicides. So it’s mostly my past which might catch up with me. I did quit smoking cigarettes in the year 2000. I let go of managing our family cattle ranch in 2017. 
There is quite a history of cancer and in my family. Kidney cancer and more prevalent, mouth and throat cancer. 
I’m pretty resilient physically but like I wrote previously in setting my hypothetical time of departure at 66 years old. It mostly was an attempt at sobriety concerning the longevity of my own life. I want to be ready when my time comes. 
I just awoke after sleeping 18 hours. I do feel better but I’m still a little weak.

Thank you for your response and concern.

Feel free to write me anytime,,,