Inliytened1

Can you stomach the truth? Can society stomach the truth?

12 posts in this topic

I was watching one of Leo's videos, specifically on society accepting psychedelics and something dawned on me.

Let me preface this that a few weeks ago i experienced enlightment and a non-dual mystical experience the likes of which I have never ever before experienced.

Everything I believed as materialist changed in an instant.

The whole experience lasted a week, and got so deep that i understood everything about the universe, a complete understanding as Leo has described in his experience with absolute infinity.   But then, it REALLY sunk in - it became all too real - and I hit my knees as I truly understood what Leo meant by the question - can you stomach the truth?  I was of course looking at just one side of the coin - the nothingness side of the coin - but it still hit me hard that we were in a dream and of no physical substance.

After that I experienced Ego backlash the likes of which was off the charts.  I have continued to meditate but i have not been able to achieve the same types of experiences, although with music i can achieve very brief mystical experiences.  I believe my ego could not stomach it, and completely shut it down.

So this my friends is the ultimate question.

Even if we legalize pyschedelics and everyone becomes enlightened - will they be able to stomach the truth?

Could it be that that's why this hasn't become the mainstream yet, and could it be possible that it might never?  That society will try to cover this up for thousands of years to come?

Leo specifically mentioned that there are negative aspects to pyschedelics as you go deep inside yourself, and you have to be mentally prepared for it.  Some even might not be able to stomach it at all and could potentially take their lives.

So as wonderful as the truth is, and I agree with leo that we need to know the truth so that we can self-actualize and continue our consciousness work for the remainder of our lives and separate ourselves from our ego until our ego is basically locked up in a small prison cell until our death.

This may have been what was supposed to be the destiny of mankind, but if you notice even in Leo's videos of late he is starting to realize the "realness" of the whole thing and part of it can be hard to handle.

So my question is, can mankind really stomach the truth?  Many I believe can, but many i believe cannot and will not.

Even if everyone becomes enlightened, once they become deep enough enlightened when the real truth actually sinks in it may be so hard to stomach that their ego will completely shut it down, preferring to live in a false reality over the truth of reality.

That, friends, is the ultimate question.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I think you already know the answer to this. This stuff takes time. We used to crucify people who had and spread these awakenings. The road to mass enlightenment is a long one. Well beyond these bodies can sustain themselves. 

Kinda suspicious, how you entered this dream, right when there are humans, asleep, and you awakened, and psychedelics & practices available. Just saying, in billions of years, right now...? Not sure you’ve stomached the truth yet. Maybe. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Inliytened1 Uh, so much to say... Answer me this: Would it be possible for you to go back asleep and forget this ever happened? If you somehow denied yourself spiritual work for the rest of your life, how much regret, anxiety, and sadness would plague you until the day you died? Going back to a materialist paradigm, knowing it's all illusion, would literally make you sick. You took the red pill and there's simply no turning back.

Mankind as a whole cannot handle the truth TODAY. That's a fact. We're still very much stuck in a materialist paradigm, and that will take many generations to slowly get over. But mankind has the ability in the FUTURE (just like you have now) to be interested in existential and metaphysical matters, and to stomach it. Things are exactly how they're meant to be. People, like you and me, who want to know the truth can find the truth. People who don't, well, let's say it's not shoved down their throats by any means.

What do you mean that in Leo's latest videos, he's starting to realize the "realness?" I think he's very aware of the unrealness! And that makes life so much more beautiful. Good luck on your journey my friend! 

I'm kind of with @Nahm here. Be grateful that you're living in this time. If you were born just a hundred years ago (not even a blink of an eye in time), this wouldn't be possible, and you could have found yourself fighting in WW1. Really start to appreciate the magnitude of this opportunity. Also, ask yourself, did you really CHOOSE to go down this path? Or did this path inexplicably choose you?

Edited by TheAvatarState

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Mikael89 lmao have you ever tried psychedelics? I'm not just talking about a one time experience, actually extensively texted them for person growth?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Ego is bad habits of personality, you can not exist without personality.

@Inliytened1 the way I see it...we need to conquer the whole universe before we help other people do it. If you don't know how to swim, jumping out of a boat to help a drowning man will only pull him down. Moral of the story? I should have spent years teaching *myself* how to swim first

Psychedelics will definitely not wake society up auto-magically. Psychedelics do not eliminate the work, they thrust you deep into it. And most people have no foundation for how to deal with that.

I do not push psychedelics on everyone. I recommend them only to serious self-actualizers, which is less than 1% of the general population.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Psychedelics will definitely not wake society up auto-magically. Psychedelics do not eliminate the work, they thrust you deep into it. And most people have no foundation for how to deal with that.

I do not push psychedelics on everyone. I recommend them only to serious self-actualizers, which is less than 1% of the general population.

I agree with that there^ 

It's generally true that if your trying to change something about something, u gotta shake it up loads. I think it's easier to let of the idea that I understand reality when I see what's possible with my consciousness. My mate is growing some psychedelic shrooms. And I cannot WAIT to eat them bad boys during a retreat. #ShakeItUp, freak your mind out a bit to give it a kick up the ass into the realisation that it's not as big and strong as it thinks it is

What i meant by 'he's starting to realize the realness" is that the more he deepens his enlightment, the more "conscious" of reality he comes, the more he actually experiences it, and it's not just intellectual at that point.  He talks about this in the Ego backlash video.

The deeper one's enlightment, the more they experience this and become conscious of it, the more they realize that to truly transcend to the highest level of personal development, it means the end of the ego!  That's the part that's hard to stomach because your ego doesn't want to "know" that it's not real and it will fight tooth and nail to protect itself.  So you have this cat and mouse game within yourself.

That said - one has to push through this and really complete full transcendence - meaning the death of one's ego.  This means basically becoming a Jesus like figure (or the individual at the final stage of Zen depicted in the  OX herding pictures.

But hell, this is a tough pill to swallow for the ego while it still draws breath.  It means deep inner reflection which could lead to major changes in one's life, one's business, and etc.  That's what I meant with the realness (which is eerily paradoxical to the "unrealness" of reality itself.  The idea of it being hollow - undefined.   Being is just "it" - it's not nothing or everything, it just fucking "is"....it's outside of language and everything else.

Until you actually experience this for real this is all just theory and intellectual talk to you.   

Experiencing is a WHOLE other thing entirely.

What I think may happen is that hundreds of years down the line are society will consist of only those are able to transcend.  Those that can't will simply die off.

Pyschedelics are just tools in a toolbox - i wasn't using them when i became enlightened.  The enlightenment is still within me, it is just harder for me to become "being" now than it was before, but i know it's still there.   

Mikael89 - to your point of Enlightenment is personal death, not personal growth - that is an excellent insight - however i do not believe it is true.  I believe that enlightment is becoming your TRUE self, and it is the death of your false self.   Your true self can be beautiful and you can exist as your true self in the human flesh, but most will never be able to make this their default state - for me it was only for a week, as my ego is too strong and beat it back.   That is our job, to slowly chip away at our ego to make it weak enough to overpower and transcend into our true self.   Whether that can be accomplished or not will depend on the individual - and for many the ego is sooo engrained and so strong in them that they will never be able to stomach it.  

That was the reason I poised the question.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Ahh, but it may be counter intuitive.

In other words, you must actually build up your false self in order to transcend it...

Quite the paradox - but you cannot achieve your higher self without actually purifying the false self (improving it to the point where you actually kill it off! and achieve enlightment.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.