Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
K VIL

Non linear time

26 posts in this topic

For those who have reached a stage of non linear time, whats life like? Does 5pm still exist for you? Any differences?

Gracias ninos

Start with the distinction between directly experiencing the past or future, and experiencing a thought in the present, about past and future. Try it now. What do you find?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I cant experience past or future. So if I still have thoughts but realize they are thoughts, is this all there is to non linearity?

@K VIL   That’s it then.        You haven’t experienced linear time. It’s conceptual. The concept was experienced. It’s always now.  I think we so readily believe the false time perspective because everything seen changes, and the seen body changes, and we identify with it, and then believe we are experiencing the passage of time. Without a thought overlay, the belief in separate “objects” changing, the belief I’m a separate object changing, - then there is just the appearance of changing.

That you are being, has never changed. 

What was it like, not being? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, who chit said:

Worth a look when you have 30min. to spare.

Very good video.

@who chit the irony is under time constraints i do not have the time to watch how to release thoughts of time 

8 hours ago, K VIL said:

@who chit the irony is under time constraints i do not have the time to watch how to release thoughts of time 

The question is, and many people caught in time will not understand this, ...when we depend on time to observe/end time, is that actually what sustains the time? Do we see that? 

Edited by Jack River

3 hours ago, Jack River said:

when we depend on time to observe/end time, is that actually what sustains the time?

The only thing that is fairly certain is that we observe the world changing (although I would even argue against that). But as soon as we start thinking about how it changed, we are in fantasy land. The fantasy is what sustains time.  But. The actual thoughts about these past events are themselves not fantasy, it's just their content.

I only mention thoughts, because most memories of the past, are actually thoughts about thoughts about thoughts of something you believed happened.

All stories and explanations are false.

Can we see that the self; desire, fear, memory, knowledge, experience, attachment, resistance, identification, and any action that is influenced by as such is a movement of time? 

And can we see that the self being a fragment of time sees through the lens of time and will observe/act within the grove of conditions/thought/time?

Therefore every movement made to act is dependent on gradual,progressive, linear psychological evolution(routined-habitual practices/methods/systems/formulas)..  In this is a resistance to act wholly/totlaly now. This accounts for why freedom/liberation is put off to be attained in the future. Actually it’s the reason we can never end something instantly but instead put things off.

Also is why there is a continuation to psychologically record various experiences, therefore allowing for “future” experiences to implicitly be fixed in relation to past experiences? To see this time as being a fixed movement of the past, modified present, that projects the future in accordance to the past. Most gnarly to see this holistically fosho. 

This also obviously has to do with psychological death, which is the beginning of living(THE NEW). 

Can we bring an awareness to this river of time? Which means can we observe time without the observer(time)?

Edited by Jack River

59 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Can we bring an awareness to this river of time?

The river of time is actually no such thing. The notion of an extended, ordered time is entirely concept. What we experience is an ever present now, which sits entirely outside of time; all we are aware of is change.  Any memories or thoughts of things having happened or things that may happen, is just constructed from thought fragments and chains of causation (belief). All those thoughts and memories are contained in the now.

If you push the idea to the limit, then reality did not evolve and progress through time to this present moment. This present moment just 'is', there is no prior cause, no 'why' or 'how'. There's nothing outside of the present moment.

1 hour ago, Jack River said:

And can we see that the self being a fragment of time

If anything, it's the other way around: time is a fragment of the Self - quite literally a figment of its imagination.

8 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

If anything, it's the other way around: time is a fragment of the Self - quite literally a figment of its imagination.

Is the the self a fragment of time or time a fragment of the self? Most excellent inquiry heh hahahah:)

I see the “self/time” as one and the same “movement”. 

Only thought/time will tend to break up the contents of thought (self/time/and its content-knowledge/experience) to pieces as being distinct fragments. 

12 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

All those thoughts and memories are contained in the now

Fosho...but that raises the question...why do we depend on time(gradual process/cultivation/progressively becoming free through knowledge/experience accumulation, practices, routines, systems, formulas to “become” (liberated)? 

14 minutes ago, Jack River said:

tell that to a man/woman all tangled up in fear/anger/psychological strife.

@Jack River no way, leave that to their shrink or guru. But even that person has moments of relief. The fear comes, the fear goes. Given enough consciousness we can drop the struggle - we are made new with every second that passes - tick tock.

6 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Only thought/time will tend to break up the contents of thought (self/time/and its content-knowledge/experience) to pieces as being distinct fragments.

What is a thought? We recognise a thought because it's fragmentary, it doesn't obey the rules of the rest of reality. If it wasn't fragmentary, we wouldn't recognise it as a thought: it would be reality.

7 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Fosho...but that raises the question...why do we depend on time(gradual process/cultivation/progressively becoming free through knowledge/experience accumulation, practices, routines, systems, formulas to “become” (liberated)? 

Because we are addicted to our concepts of time. In reality, learning a skill or becoming liberated takes no time at all.  We just pretend we struggled 'all that time' to learn a thing, but hey here it is, and there's no struggle, you just 'do it'.

I noticed as well a self will stand by the conclusion that there is no such thing as this river of time, yet will conform to various already established paths in order to find truth. 

Time seems to be nevertheless admitted even when a self says it is groundless. Interesting huh dude?

Edited by Jack River

5 hours ago, LastThursday said:

no way, leave that to their shrink or guru. But even that person has moments of relief. The fear comes, the fear goes. Given enough consciousness we can drop the struggle 

Are we admitting time here though? Does this fortify the illusion of self and it’s continuity? 

What is a thought? We recognise a thought because it's fragmentary, it doesn't obey the rules of the rest of reality. If it wasn't fragmentary, we wouldn't recognise it as a thought: it would be reality.

Fosho..it’s interesting.

But I don’t separate reality from thought. To me reality is what thought thinks about...what ever I think about is a reality. 

If it wasn't fragmentary, we wouldn't recognise it

Because we are addicted to our concepts of time. In reality, learning a skill or becoming liberated takes no time at all.  We just pretend we struggled 'all that time' to learn a thing, but hey here it is, and there's no struggle, you just 'do it'.

Learning a skill takes time..to learn a language I need to practice, accumulate knowledge, use the intellect which may take days/months/years..

but when it comes to psychological revolution no time is needed at all. In fact admitting time in this area itself nourishes this divison between the thinker and the thought, experiencer and that which it experiences.

The self feeds it’s own illusion by admitting time as a means to the ending of its own self sustained illusion which brings about the (conflict/suffering). 

Edited by Jack River

To learn a skill demands cultivation/practice/gradual process(knowledge/experience/memory) thought. 

But when it comes to liberation/freedom psychologically, knowledge/experience/memory(thought) has no place, and actually when depended upon to end suffering sustains suffering. It can be seen that the self is its content(knowledge/experience/memory) thought-time. 

Freedom as you said is always now...to admit time(knowledge/experience/memory) as a means pushes freedom/liberation further in “time-the future”. 

To procrastinate freedom/psychological death...THE NEW. 

Edited by Jack River