kieranperez

5-MeO FINALLY Being Talked About On Joe Rogan

8 posts in this topic

and of course it’s titled as regular DMT. This is just a PERFECT example of how even these people who write books on research on psychedelics have no fucking clue what they’re getting themselves into and still have so many assumptions. 

@Leo Gura you’re probably going to cringe 

Edited by kieranperez

I don't see anything wrong with this video.. this seemed like a very nuanced and open minded take on psychedelic trips just without the spiritual jargon.

And researching about things is different from experiencing them so for only having done 7 trips I don't see anything wrong with what Michael said.

Edited by Aimblack

Lol. Rogan has been talking about 5-meo multiple times before. Like he said, he ordered a shitload of it, when it was still legal to order. But yeah, Michael Pollan ofc is a newbie in all this non-duality stuff, so no wonder it was a horrible experience for him. You can't go from 0 to 9000 like that and assume when you come back, that your ego won't claim that experience as fucking terrifying. Also he took only one hit, not enough to breaktrough.

I can resonate with this guy's opinion. I never treid 5-MeO-DMT, but had quote a few intense shroom experience where I was praying that dualities would comes back. Space, time, self, pain, hunger, anything.

I think even having a lot of experience with such states, it can get really terrifying. obviously to the ego and the limitations of it. Nevertheless.

For example, I got into the state of realizing everybody's suffering is MY SOLE FAULT. That's terrifying. I trip in the street and look at people suffering and I feel responsible for that. Not only that, I KNOW I AM. Because without me to perceive their suffering they won't suffer. 

Even if the experience brings you truth, no matter how enlightened you are, you will be scared. Well, at least your pet ego will be.

So I think this guy's point is legitimate

Edited by aclokay

43 minutes ago, aclokay said:

Because without me to perceive their suffering they won't suffer. 

So, if you don't watch news and don't go outside, less people will suffer. That's great. Maybe, you engineered their suffering as well without knowing that you did so.

Maybe, we should not watch bad news.

Edited by CreamCat

2 hours ago, aclokay said:

For example, I got into the state of realizing everybody's suffering is MY SOLE FAULT. That's terrifying. I trip in the street and look at people suffering and I feel responsible for that. Not only that, I KNOW I AM. Because without me to perceive their suffering they won't suffer. 

??? Jesus Christ! Please die so I don't have to suffer anymore. /s

On a serious note, I've also had a similar experience on acid. It's all ego my friend. Because ultimately, if there is no self,  WHO is the one feeling responsible? It's closer to Truth in the sense that you ARE those suffering people, as it serves to expand identity and therefore empathy for others. But the notion of "responsibility" and the ensuing fear--that's delusion. 

Definitely a shocking experience to be sure.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo