Benoit Jazy

Green Ego’s hidden superiority

28 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Wyze said:

it'll be nice to hear from a Yellow on how they would respond in this situation.

@Wyze I think that your discussion with @Haumea2018 was very yellow.
Especially the part about impartially exploring the excesses of each stage.

I'm reluctant to peg myself as any stage, but my response to the orange friend would be different:

What does it say about you to sleep with a 2/10?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Most people at many stages have a need to feel superior to others. Being at Green has little to do with the need to feel superiority.

This applies to bullies, too. Bullies bully others in order to feel superior.

Edited by CreamCat

@Benoit Jazy I just read through your comments again. I think I get what your saying now. Your asking if even pointing out the difference in POV is egoistic. This is the field of Turquoise - where everything is exactly where it is. So his POV is exactly where his POV needs to be.

I think this is true in a sense; however I'm sorry - I am not the best person to answer this, as this is also a question I've been asking myself lately too. Is it ethical to even help?

@tsuki all the system thinking must be working :)

40 minutes ago, tsuki said:

What does it say about you to sleep with a 2/10?

What are people's reaction to this question, in your experience?

10 minutes ago, Wyze said:

What are people's reaction to this question, in your experience?

I'd expect them to be offended and I would point this feeling back at them by saying:

You just made an ass of yourself by judging that girl to be ugly.

And then, probably ask: what made you sleep with her in the first place?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

9 hours ago, Haumea2018 said:

Emerald is right that a POV is right only relative to a desired outcome.

Where she is off is in maintaining that the Green POV leads to social harmony.

That's simply not the case, and anyone who's been paying attention to current events all over the world can see it.

Green ultimately leads to maximal social disharmony: elites vs. working classes, white vs. POC, men vs. women, etc.  It is endless war, and they are the military contractors: the only beneficiaries in it.

Greens don't get that you can't simply browbeat people into behaving the way they want them to in order to achieve their vision of society, that behavior has deep root causes and that social disapproval is not a tool that works when deep root causes are left unacknowledged.  

Or they get it but benefit (even if only in perceived social status) too much to change.

Kudos to you, though, my friend.  You just had an awakening.  

Well, the Green POV does lead to more social harmony, as it is concerned with fairness, green energy, and all kinds of other things that (if enacted) would lead to more social harmony.

The issue here is the Green doesn't understand things at a deeper level, and their execution of these goals can lead to more social discord. For example, if there is an issue with climate change then someone who is stage Green will go around moralizing to others and demonizing others which will have a backfiring effect.

But if a person is at Yellow, they will mostly have the same goals as a Green person as the Green's vision for the future does lead to more social harmony, but they will execute on those goals in a better way because they have a deeper knowledge of how the system works. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

It mainly comes down to what you want to accomplish. @Emerald's response was quite beautiful and on point I think.

The highest ideal would probably be to accept and love the answer of your friend, as he is exactly how he needs to be. Are you there yet? I'm not :D However, if he is open to developing it is a good idea to point to the limitations of his view in a non judgemental way. The most powerful way to do so might be to lead him into questioning his own motivations, pretty much like @tsuki suggested.

If he is not, then you're just playing ego games by telling him "that he is wrong". You can not help everyone, and after all, there is no need to manipulate anyone.

It's such a beautifully paradoxical topic, because it looks so different depending on the angle you look at it from <3

Banged a Whale. Was he trying to make waves or something.

Green strikes me more as playing around. I think a lot of people aren't green, but masquerade as such.