Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Superfluo

Can Emotions Be "Wrong"?

25 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Seed said:

Emotions from the higher self are soft and alluring, they tend to be 'desires' or 'messages' They don't have an urgency to them.

I wouldn't limit yourself to that belief/expectation. There is a different flavor to higher states of emotion vs. lower need-based emotions. Yet, these higher emotions are not limited to soft and alluring. They can also be really intense. At first, some may seem overpowering and it can take years for these higher level emotions to mature and stabalize.

@ground

it is important to clearly see that feelings are only conditioned and that the liked/disliked qualities are not characteristics inherent in the objects perceived.

Yes, I agree.

@Leo Gura and @Seed

When you say "emotions of the higher self", you mean emotions like love, happiness, peace, playfulness, appreciation, right?

@EternalForest

Yes, it's mindblowing to realize you are the one and only person that prevents you from happiness. It's life transforming!

@Serotoninluv

Yes, intuition is something beyond the mind, I think.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@Superfluo These terms for emotions can have various levels of depth, understanding and embodiment. For example, there is the conventional idea of a personal love and a higher-level  trans-personal absolute Love. Similarly, intuition can mean a lower level intuition based on personal needs, wants, survival and fear - which is the type discussed in Leo's counter-intuitive video. Yet, there is also a much higher level of intuition that is free of attachments, fear, grasping, desperation and ego. 

@Serotoninluv

I haven't thought about this topic yet, about higher levels of intuition. I'd be glad if you could tell me more about it.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003