BreezeWW

Accessories for better meditation practice?

12 posts in this topic

Hi there, recently I've been practicing meditation like daily. And I feel fresh and brain dumped after.

I do use tools to help such as calm the app. It's great and I paid for the subscription. I really like the way it's guiding and providing the images to help you get calm and focused. However, maybe I am using phone app, the display seems too small for me and kind of distracting. 

So that made me thinking if there is any tools other than app to help? You guys have any suggestions?

I googled about lights or speakers with key word of ambient, meditation, it turned out some "colored" lights or iHome nightstand devices may help, but they are not designed for meditation. 

Please, if you got any ideas, let me know!

Cheers.

1. Incense. Essential oil.
  2. Traditional Pooja oil lamp
  3. Crystals, gemstones, consecrated items. :)
Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@BreezeWW the closest thing I use to an aid for meditation is just gong sounds. 

It's simple but I think it does the job depending on my mood. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Although it's not necessary but I'd say it's worth buying a zafu or some sort of cushion "designed for meditation".

My legs and hips are not flexible yet to sit in a burmese position comfortably so I still use a chair (not that there's anything wrong with it) and I also use my cushion so it's more comfortable and it gives me a nice balance.

A good pillow, and a practice grounded in the heart.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@FredFred Thanks for your sharing. I agree that app may be a good aid. However, to my own experiences, I need more immersive atmosphere to help. 

Just be careful that you aren't surrounding yourself with accoutrements instead of slowly building a solid practice. I'm not insinuating anything, but there's a danger in that. I know a guy who got into mountain biking and bought a $1,500 bike, carbon helmet, water delivery system, new shoes, the computer that fits on the handlebars, and even a neat little mirror that sticks off of his helmet so he can see people coming up behind him. The only problem is, he figured out a few weeks later that he didn't like riding. Too much work. He wanted to love it, but once the initial dopamine-fest from the buying spree had ended, it was just him looking at his equipment and finding that he didn't really want to put it on and go out there. Don't be that guy.