cetus

Last Thursdayism

48 posts in this topic

@Nahm oh yeah totally. In order to get to that highest form of love, you literally have to die into it. You nailed it! But there's something else I've realized. When you try going after these states of total "presence" or "being," there's another potent emotion that surfaces. Humor. I've gotten to a point where my perception gets lighter and lighter, and I'll start laughing uncontrollably at the beauty and illusion of it all. It's from this pervasive existential humor that love tends to pour out of me. Or is it the other way around? Have you experienced this? :D  

Edited by TheAvatarState

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

15 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

I wouldn't use 'generated' or 'mind', mostly because they imply time and a thinking process in time.

But would'nt that be the illusion itself? The illusion of time, space, location?

10 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

I've gotten to a point where my perception gets lighter and lighter, and I'll start laughing uncontrollably at the beauty and illusion of it all

Nicely said!

Cool thread @cetus56

Using time to refer to itself?

I brought this topic of time/self up to my parents. They called me a psycho, asked me what I was on. xD

Edited by Jack River

@Jack River Funny you should say that. I just explained Last Thursdayism to the G-F and she said; That's scary!" lol 

I'll tell you what's scary............  -It's safe living inside "The Box" lol

2 minutes ago, Jack River said:

I brought this topic of time/self up to my parents. They called me a psycho, asked me what I was on. xD

If I showed your posts to my parents they would have the same reaction ? ? 

Just now, cetus56 said:

@Jack River Funny you should say that. I just explained Last Thursdayism to the G-F and she said; That's scary!" lol 

I'll tell you what's scary................. hahaha

Dude!! That’s the impression I got from dads expression. Like a defensiveness arose. 

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

If I showed your posts to my parents they would have the same reaction ? ? 

I know..I’m new at explaining it lol ? 

I explained it much more simply with them. Totally over my moms head, maybe scared my dad. 

Edited by Jack River

3 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Like a defensiveness arose. 

* It's safe living inside the box. It probally shook his world.

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@TheAvatarState Ok, seriously now,  - you trolling me? 

You trolling me, bro? I was trying to explain my situation of time travel and quantum entanglement, and you went off on a tangent of feeling ultimate love. ? It's all good though! You're not wrong... It just seemed a little off topic. 

I meant everything I said. Perhaps you're taking life a little too seriously if you think love is all there is at higher metaphysical states of Consciousness. Yes, love is the emotion we perceive when we connect with ourselves. It's literally the connection. But HUMOR! It's there too! And I feel that it's a metaphysically based emotion like love. It's the ability to laugh at ourselves about our own insignificance. There's beauty there. 

Sent from my iEgo

3 minutes ago, Jack River said:

I know..I’m new at explaining it lol ? 

I hear ya. My parents also think I’m losing my mind when I explore existential ideas beneath the surface. I think they get uncomfortable and don’t want to put in effort to contemplate at deeper levels. They would rather play on Facebook and watch reality TV.

3 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

* It's safe living inside the box. It probally shook his world.

Yeah I slowly faded away in that convo. When my dad gets scared he tends to project onto everyone:(

Edited by Jack River

Just now, Serotoninluv said:

I hear ya. My parents also think I’m losing my mind when I explore existential ideas beneath the surface.

I feel ya man. Totally! 

23 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Cool thread @cetus56

Using time to refer to itself?

I've learned to not go there with my parents ?. I had an interesting conversation with them over spiral dynamics, but they couldn't help but interpret the model from their blue/orange perspective. That I was somehow judging and pidgeonholing people. "Like, liberals are somehow more evolved than me? WHAT?" These topics just don't translate well to people that aren't fundamentally open minded and non-judgmental. 

Sent from my iEgo

14 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

You trolling me, bro? I was trying to explain my situation of time travel and quantum entanglement, and you went off on a tangent of feeling ultimate love. ? It's all good though! You're not wrong... It just seemed a little off topic. 

I meant everything I said. Perhaps you're taking life a little too seriously if you think love is all there is at higher metaphysical states of Consciousness. Yes, love is the emotion we perceive when we connect with ourselves. It's literally the connection. But HUMOR! It's there too! And I feel that it's a metaphysically based emotion like love. It's the ability to laugh at ourselves about our own insignificance. There's beauty there. 

Sorry - I meant are you trolling me, as in are you even kidding me because I can’t even believe someone else is in the infinite humor! 100% with ya man! I was taken back because it’s been a while, and have not come accross anyone who resonates / relates! Yes! A million times yes! ??? 

Love, Intelligence, humor...Yes!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

28 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

But would'nt that be the illusion itself? The illusion of time, space, location?

The illusion of inference, is one illusion, i.e. that time existed before last Thursday; my place of work is one mile away in space etc. None of that actually exists other than as an imprint in the present moment. The illusion of the present moment is another, different illusion. One illusion sits inside the other. So Last Thursdayism is all about shredding the illusion of inference: time machines are not possible, because time never existed. And, it points to the other illusion: there is only the present moment and it was made whole.

All stories and explanations are false.

@cetus56 I was recently a spectaotor at a soccer game. On the car ride home, I was imagining how one of the goals was similiar to a goal I scored when I was a youth. Then, there was a realization that there is another similarity between the two memories. Both memories are not Now. The construct of time dissolved and the two memories became equivalent in a sense.

@Nahm Yea. . . When the guard rails of the timeline are dissolved, an infinite number of movies are converging on Last Friday. My doc wrote me a script for “more cowbell” and now I get the feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore. . .