Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bejapuskas

Looking for teachers

21 posts in this topic

Hey guys, do you know any highly developed, high yellow/turquoise people, who are open to conversation? I want to experience speaking or at least calling/chattting with a person like that, I think there is a big opportunity to grow from such a conversation.

2 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

I think there is a big opportunity to grow from such a conversation.

Yes but that's about you. Why should they want to speak to you? What do they get out of it?

They'll find you first ;)@bejapuskas

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

@aurum @Timotheus  I am sure that I have many qualities to offer, I am very helpful, industrious and serious about improving and pushing each other's limits, I am willing to do many things to have such a person talking to me. I think that teachers want their students to be able to actually grow and improve, while giving them compassion and the great feeling of giving and helping people get out of the maze. I have seen a thread here about directly messaging people like Peter Ralston - it turned out that they are genuinely interested to help (if you ask them good question probably and show that you are not just kidding around) so I got really inspired to try such a thing... That's what I was asking in the first place - if you know people like this  :) 

Message me in private. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

You’ve gotta reach out to them and you’ve gotta do the homework. You gotta take the initiative to find them. 

I’ve mentioned in the past emailing Ralston, Shunyamurti, and these kinda people and how they want to help but you gotta do the research. It really isn’t that hard. It’s not that complicated. Is there a Turquoise/Yellow person you admire? If so, research them. How can you contact them? Do they have a website? Do they host events in your area? Do they have an organization who you can call and ask questions if it’s a bigger name person? 

This isn’t rocket science. Just don’t go around being needy and asking them to be your mentor or something. 

I even gave ideas on how to contact these kinds of people in prior posts which you seem to have read. Follow that man. It’s not hard.

“If you want to know how not to get a mentor, ask someone to be your mentor.” - Ryan Holiday

49 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@aurum @Timotheus  I am sure that I have many qualities to offer, I am very helpful, industrious and serious about improving and pushing each other's limits, I am willing to do many things to have such a person talking to me. I think that teachers want their students to be able to actually grow and improve, while giving them compassion and the great feeling of giving and helping people get out of the maze. I have seen a thread here about directly messaging people like Peter Ralston - it turned out that they are genuinely interested to help (if you ask them good question probably and show that you are not just kidding around) so I got really inspired to try such a thing... That's what I was asking in the first place - if you know people like this  :) 

That's all true, but try thinking about it like this:

Someone with a lot of value to offer is going to be less accessible than people who don't. They're going to have lots of people asking them questions, lots of people who want their valuable time and attention. So how do you cut through the noise?

Find a way to add value to their life in a way they care about.

For instance, I get a good amount of people who message me and simply ask to work for me for free. That's an intelligent way to get me to help you because you're not asking for anything, and because now I'm going to be sharing whatever pieces of wisdom I have with that person all the time.

Also I feel like this person actually wants to be helped, because they're willing to put some skin in the game. Which makes me want to help them even more.

Yeah, you could throw a hail mary into Peter Ralston's inbox. And maybe you'll get a reply.

But you're really selling yourself short in terms of the value you could be getting. And you're not instilling the habit of giving instead of taking.

Thank you so much, I will contemplate all these questions, I probably already know the answers :) 

@bejapuskas I just had a thought that you could always check the yellow / turquoise threads. There are lists of ppl. Just pick someone you like. It's just that, let's say you went on a meditation retreat and met one of them. How are you going to get through to them so that they could have a moment with you? What are you going to say to them when they had the chance to say, 'hello' to you? Imagine that. :) Have you thought about how to go about your life purpose? If you go on a journey in discovering that, there are probably hints there in 'breaking the ice.'

@Key Elements  Thanks so much :) I am actually quite good at doing that, as I have a lot of practise from learning languages... just going to people :D But I would first have to know more about these people, it's kind of rude to walk up to someone without knowing who he is :D Then I would ask them questions about their story... I am laways interested in stories... :) 

@Nahm Of course I am!

Edited by bejapuskas

@aurum  I dont think that it will be for free... As I said, I am willing to do many things, it would be great to work for my mentor. (for free) But my parents wont let me work for a stranger when i am 15 now :D So I need to gain some more knowledge and values I can offer before doing so...

What are you guys doing, that attracts people to you? What are you looking for in your students? I am not trying to copy it, I am just curious... :) 

7 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

What are you guys doing, that attracts people to you? What are you looking for in your students? I am not trying to copy it, I am just curious... :) 

I'm not attracting teachers. I'm actually out there looking for them. You need to be going to them. Period. Research, Google, email, websites, etc.

There's no magic Law of Attraction secret. 

8 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

Look into entrepreneurship. Do a startup via website/YouTube channel/etc. And then, turn this into a life purpose using Spiral Dynamics and Maslow. It's like riding a bicycle. Practice and you'll get better at it. You will make mistakes. Just be careful when you do. You'll learn from it. Take mistakes as lessons.

This is a great thing to do because you will have something to talk about if you do meet a yellow/turquoise person. If you don't, and you meet ppl who are blue/orange/green, and they're not open-minded, you could just tell them your occupation. That's it. The thing is, if you do find your life purpose, you will know your occupation because things will fall into place in your life. A life purpose could get very deep and profound if that's where you want to go. It's your choice.

As an example, I like Shaolin monks as a group to look at. They cover the bottom of Maslow and also the top, and also Spiral Dynamics. They do kung fu. Everyone knows what kung fu is, and can relate to that. That's why they have it as a skill/business. They need that to survive. They probably only talk about non-duality to someone who is radically open-minded and ready to hear it. Otherwise, regular ppl who go to them are interested in the kung fu part or meditation, or doing kung fu in a meditative state. 

I think you're pretty active on the forum, so if you see a person in particular that seems like someone valuable to you, chat them up in PM. Make sure you have a clear intent though. Maybe they won't be your mentors, don't even try asking them that lol, but if you have something specific to talk about that they can guide you through, that should be good for a start. :)