Aaron p

The only way to let go, is to NOT let go !!!

13 posts in this topic

fuck me sideways boys, this insight hit me square in the face today and I near shite ma'sel.

Ok so, think about it...to attempt to "let go" would be to create the idea that there is something to let go of...therefore, to "try to let go" would be to cause us to solidify, in our minds, the ideas (that we've created) about what we're letting go of. THEREFORE the only way to truly let go is to not let go...to hold tightly to that which we are observing and to do absolutely nothing about it. just remember, don't believe me ;)

Jesus guys, I had my first split second of raw consciousness the other day...felt like fucking lightning for 0.3 seconds, & for 30 seconds after I FULLY realised that consciousness is the only thing that exists. for 30 seconds i had it!!! i had a smoke of grass the help raise the old consciousness to so that helped. 

I also realised that Leo and his band of physical outlaws here...what we're actually doing, is literally creating prophets of god...people who will change the groundings of the future of the entire human race. The knowledge we possess will shape the future generations until the end of our existence. When this information (or lack thereof;) ) becomes global, we will be known as the forerunners, the founding fathers. anyone who takes on this work becomes transformed, and subsequently, lead others to transformation and so on and so on. 

We hold in our hand the keys to truth, death, peace and God. Holy.fucking.shitballs

Edited by Aaron p

Yes, very important insight. Effortless effort. Letting go of wanting to go anywhere else than where you are right in this moment. When in this moment there is resistance of the moment, then trying to change that fuels the resistance even more. It's tricky, but when you see it it's so freeing. It's basically letting go of resistance on one level and seeing the other levels peel away slowly. 

7 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

I also realised that leo and his band of physical outlaws here...what we're actually doing, is literally creating prophets of god...people who will change the groundings of the entire future. We hold in our hand the keys to truth, death, peace and God. Holy.fucking.shitballs

I think that might be true. All this could be a great help for humanity. Everyone learning something here will contribute this learning to where he is. It's important though to be our own best students and not viewing this as something more special than anything else. Namaste

Yeah there’s that paradox in there.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

"I" and "resistance" or "fear" are all one and the same thing -- it's all a self-feeding loop of thought.     It's thought that divides a self/"I" from "resistance", which creates the falsity of an "I" letting go of "resistance."

An "I" can get pre-occupied with the effort-action in "letting go" and this may only fortify-reinforce the "I".

Edited by robdl

@Aaron p sure thing.

another way to understand is to note that the process is similar to when you go to sleep

note when you "try to sleep" you cannot sleep?

we have all had those nights where we just cannot fall asleep and what we do is "try" to sleep which does not work

and then eventually, somehow, after sometime, we fall asleep

that's letting go of trying

true letting go happens without you knowing that you are letting go - you must also let go the idea/thought of letting go

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@robdl

35 minutes ago, robdl said:

"I" and "resistance" or "fear" are all one and the same thing -- it's all a self-feeding loop of thought.     It's thought that divides a self/"I" from "resistance", which creates the falsity of an "I" letting go of "resistance."

An "I" can get pre-occupied with the effort-action in "letting go" and this may only fortify-reinforce the "I".

i havent got a lot of the answers yet, im onto it though. I can understand everything your saying but i still have to get there myself. But i know it'll come

1 hour ago, SoonHei said:

@Aaron p sure thing.

another way to understand is to note that the process is similar to when you go to sleep

note when you "try to sleep" you cannot sleep?

we have all had those nights where we just cannot fall asleep and what we do is "try" to sleep which does not work

and then eventually, somehow, after sometime, we fall asleep

that's letting go of trying

true letting go happens without you knowing that you are letting go - you must also let go the idea/thought of letting go

@SoonHei thats a good analogy for it mate. Love it

Very nice! 

I think this points at "Everything / Nothing". It seems so simple to the mind, yet it is oh so sneaky. Everything really, really, really means everything. So, there is "no thing" to let go of. There is no thing that can be separate from Everything. Everything includes all thoughts, desires to let go of thoughts, desires to let go of trying to let go and on and on. . . Whatever is happening is within Everything. There are no exceptions.

Lovely insight, ties in with the signature below :ph34r:

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts

29 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Very nice! 

I think this points at "Everything / Nothing". It seems so simple to the mind, yet it is oh so sneaky. Everything really, really, really means everything. So, there is "no thing" to let go of. There is no thing that can be separate from Everything. Everything includes all thoughts, desires to let go of thoughts, desires to let go of trying to let go and on and on. . . Whatever is happening is within Everything. There are no exceptions.

@Serotoninluv yes! No expectations...because if I'm looking for "reality" what I'm actually looking for is my perception of reality. Because how can [I think] I know what I'm looking for unless it is an idea in my mind. And so to "seek" anything would be to seek an idea and not true reality. 

Edited by Aaron p

@Flammable

30 minutes ago, Flammable said:

Lovely insight, ties in with the signature below :ph34r:

Mr Watts is some man. He has a very composed and "hyper-logical" feel to his lectures.